stadium security or lack there of

kmnj

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Or should I buy them and sell them to the first Falcon fan who offers me more than face , you know what good fans do .

Given a choice of selling them to a Jets fan for say...75% of face or to an opposing fan for 125% of face, I'd sell them to the Jets fan every time.  But Jets fans generally won't pay anything when their team is this awful. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dcat said:

seriously, do you have any friends who wants them?  I'd like them to go to a Jets fan.  They are $170 face.  Send me their offers.

Otherwise they go on stubhub to someone who might not be a Jets fan.  End of story.  No complaining.  

Most of my Jet fan friends already go to the games, the others rather stay home and watch from the comfort of their couches.  Sorry , I'm grumpy about this , but I'm just sick of seeing the stadium filled with opposition fans . 

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Now *these* are smart ideas. Good post.  Maybe some of the ridiculous posters in this thread can learn something.

1) Putting a better product on the field will not make a hill of beans. When the chips are down the non diehard fans and there are many will dump their tickets to the highest bidders , doubly so if the team makes the playoffs were there can reap a bigger profit. 

2) Opposing fans will not buy in a family only section , if they are there to get rowdy and drunk.

3) There were 30,000+ Pats fans at the game yesterday , should they make half the stadium an opposing fan section. 

The best idea is to prevent resale of the tickets online , it keeps the "unknown" fans out of the stadium. The Jet fan would need to sell his ticket privately and be held to the consequences if something happens with the person who bought that seat.

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I ate the tickets many times when they were $25, later $50 - $75.  But I ain't doing that anymore with $170+ game day prices.  If people have a problem with it, they are welcome to buy them from me before they go up on stub hub.  I always ask for less than face from a Jets fan. Way under face most of the time.  But Jets fans don't buy tickets to see "their" team when it is this bad.  

So... anyone want 3 tickets to Atlanta Falcons on the 32 yard line?  Make me an offer before they go on stubhub, where they are now listed.  I'll pull them off stubhub immediately if I get a reasonable offer.  I'd rather they go to a Jets fan.  I have a big job that day and can't go.  And my non season ticket holder Jets fans friends don't want to spend or even go.  I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years and let me tell you... Jets fans are the cheapest, most cynical,  miserable curmudgeons on planet Earth.  SAR is correct about that.

Thank you , I truly appreciate that . Again didn't mean to single you out, I'm still steamed at feeling like the away team in our home stadium and it's been happening in increasing proportions over the past few years. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

1) Putting a better product on the field will not make a hill of beans. When the chips are down the non diehard fans and there are many will dump their tickets to the highest bidders , doubly so if the team makes the playoffs were there can reap a bigger profit. 

2) Opposing fans will not buy in a family only section , if they are there to get rowdy and drunk.

3) There were 30,000+ Pats fans at the game yesterday , should they make half the stadium an opposing fan section. 

The best idea is to prevent resale of the tickets online , it keeps the "unknown" fans out of the stadium. The Jet fan would need to sell his ticket privately and be held to the consequences if something happens with the person who bought that seat.

1) Wrong.  100% wrong IMO.  Put a good product out on the field and the stadium will be full of Jets fans.  I've seen it from time to time over the last 33 years (excluding Shea Stadium years where it was never sold out anyway).  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

2)The idea of a family section is for Jets fans and their kids, not for opposing fans. You misunderstood the idea apparently.  The idea is to protect Jets fans kids from the obnoxious fans, whether home team fans or opposing team fans.  Nobody suggested that opposing fans sit in a "family" section.  Funny.

3) You may not know it, but there are already opposing fan designated areas but for guests of the visiting team. They are not publicized.  And almost all teams do the same thing.  There are seats for them in reserve in both the upper deck and some at field level.  The Jets release those tickets when the opposing team doesn't need all of them, usually 5-7 days before the game.  It happened with the Jaguar game.  About 100-200 seats, mostly in one area of the upper deck were put up for sale a few days before the game.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

1) Wrong.  100% wrong IMO.  Put a good product out on the field and the stadium will be full of Jets fans.  I've seen it from time to time over the last 33 years (excluding Shea Stadium years where it was never sold out anyway).  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

2)The idea of a family section is for Jets fans and their kids, not for opposing fans. You misunderstood the idea apparently.  The idea is to protect Jets fans kids from the obnoxious fans, whether home team fans or opposing team fans.  Nobody suggested that opposing fans sit in a "family" section.  Funny.

3) You may not know it, but there are already opposing fan designated areas but for guests of the visiting team. They are not publicized.  And almost all teams do the same thing.  There are seats for them in reserve in both the upper deck and some at field level.  The Jets release those tickets when the opposing team doesn't need all of them, usually 5-7 days before the game.  It happened with the Jaguar game.  About 100-200 seats, mostly in one area of the upper deck were put up for sale a few days before the game.

We'll agree to disagree on 1) especially for the division games and for the traveling national teams ( Pitt, Chi, Oak, GB, Dal ) .

Yes I misread number 2 and there already is a family section in one of the mezz endzone sections.

3) There have always been sections for visiting teams families & friends but we're talking a very small portion of the entire building

13 hours ago, kmnj said:

I have been going for decades to jets-own psls and have invested if you want to call it that huge amounts of money over the  years and am always extremely disappointed by the lack of proper security at the games. It is definitely not a family friendly place to watch a game and I dont have kids but if I did , I would not let them attend any games where there would be rival fans present in large numbers. There was an incident near my seats where people were calling for security to stop a situation from becoming dangerous -yes you guessed in fight between jets and pats fans and it took security a long long time to arrive and when the first person showed up on the scene he was not a guy that would be able to handle anything-if not for the presence of some fans to intervene somebody would have been hurt very badly or worse.  If stadiums are going to provide tons of boos to fans they need to at least take the proper measures to prevent the ever growing fan violence that is going on. Each year the jets send me a survey and I always point to the terrible security and the terrible parking situation that exists and both could be easily fixed.

First NFL game/season? 

Some of the problem is the PSLs - but some of it is a really terrible home schedule combined with a relatively no name team. As a season ticket holder the Pats game is really the only one with resale value. There are no Cowboys, Steelers, Raiders, etc on the schedule. The Jets also are not very appealing right now. Those two factors really made selling the Pats tickets a necessary option for most.

As far as security goes, I feel like allowing people to buy and sell parking passes is a bad idea. At the very least security should sweep the parking lot after kickoff and make everyone go into the game or leave. The way the parking lot is set up there are too many hidden areas. It’s only a matter of time before you have a big widespread vandalism incident.

I went to the game and brought a Pats fan who was a good friend. We both screamed for our teams. There are always going to be idiots who think when you yell something at Tom Brady you are talking about them personally. I honestly saw more fights at the Dolphins game tho. The Pats fans I ran into were mostly cool.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived