At #4 the Jets are sitting in the catbird seat

Green Jets & Ham

the one thing I've been thinking about that I haven't seen written about anywhere is this;Chad is the son of a coach and he'll be able to help coach up both Ramsey (if he isn't a dick about it-big ego jerk) and a potential rookie QB like a Lienart or Cutler.You see Tex he's not only good at waving a towel he has the ability mentally to do what Vinny did for him and Ray Lucas before him when HE became the starter-granted Vinny was no genius but he had a lot of experience.I'm not discounting Chad's possible benefit to this team still.

I don't want them to deal the 4th pick either, but I would not mind trying to deal the 29th and a 2nd round pick in order to target someone like Tye Hill. I believe he is the best CB in the draft, and I think him and Miller would work great together. I realize CB is not exactly the position of desperate need, but I'm not so confident in Barrett, and I think Strait will remain a nickel back throughout his career, albeit a damn good one.

That's because you only like threads that are in the sheeter.... you reek of it. You are seemingly so obsessed with it, even your sig line is a self portrait! :Nuts:

wow, the smiley face nut kick. there can be no retort to that. i might as well let it go now.

anyways-- i have a gut feel houston won't draft bush b/c of DD; the kid is currently the only bright spot on the team and the last position the team needs to address. of course if he's disgruntled (no indication that i've seen) it's a different story. flame away.

A first round pick is a first round pick. However there are drafts where first round talent is gone after the first 10 picks. However I think this draft is different. Even with our second round pick we are going to get a great player that can start. Provided we don't reach. The only top rated player I really don't want is V. Young. Everyone else I would be fine with because we need help on the o-line, d-line, QB, linebacker. I really hope Maulroney falls to us at 29 if not then Mangold. We don't need to trade up to get an impact player this year. Just my opinion though.

How about the Jets trade #4 to Denver for their #15 & #22 ??? It would be nice to have 4 draft picks before #36 !

That was discussed earlier this week. I would bow down to Tannenbaum if he pulled this off. We would lose out on D'Brick and Mario, but maybe land solid talent on the lines, LB, and maybe a RB.

A first round pick is a first round pick. However there are drafts where first round talent is gone after the first 10 picks. However I think this draft is different. Even with our second round pick we are going to get a great player that can start. Provided we don't reach. The only top rated player I really don't want is V. Young. Everyone else I would be fine with because we need help on the o-line, d-line, QB, linebacker. I really hope Maulroney falls to us at 29 if not then Mangold. We don't need to trade up to get an impact player this year. Just my opinion though.

Agree with most of what you say. This looks like an excellent draft and trading down to get as many picks possible is the smart thing to do.

We need another running back. Lendale White, Maroney or Joseph Addai would all be awesome. Unless we get a real running game established we won't win more than 4 games next year.

The "3-Headed Monster" of Martin, Blaylock and Houston definitely will not get it done. Let's get a real running back.

Archived