How many SB's does Shotty have to cost us?

BornJetsFan1983

Sanchez didn't call a pass on 3rd an 17. Even Schotty stepped up and took the bullet for that one, admitting he should have called a run there.

The pass wasn't the problem. It was the play action pass there iirc. IIRC I was in the gamethread getting annoyed, and 1st and 2nd down were run up gut run up gut for losses. And I posted something like "watch for play action pass sack fumble on 3rd and long!" and then it happened pretty much. We didn't try a play action on 1st down all game until then, which is when you'd run it.

Ah well...strangely I'm at peace.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanchez and Plaxico and Mason and Keller and Greene and LT and Powell and Conner and an OL of Ferguson-Slauson-Mangold-Moore-Hunter/Ducasse really ought to be enough for someone.

If that someone is Bill Walsh maybe. Ferguson, Mangold, and Holmes are stars but Sanchez is terrible and nobody else is anything special. Not just last year but basically throughout his tenure I think Schottenheimer has had the offense performing pretty much as the personnel would suggest it ought to.

If that someone is Bill Walsh maybe. Ferguson, Mangold, and Holmes are stars but Sanchez is terrible and nobody else is anything special. Not just last year but basically throughout his tenure I think Schottenheimer has had the offense performing pretty much as the personnel would suggest it ought to.

Meaning Schottenheimer is, at best, average. We can do better.

How do you guys still remember and/or feel the need to discuss that Pittsburgh game? Either I got too drunk out of depression or I deleted it from my memory, because I remember very little from it and have no desire to rehash the pain.

You have no desire to rehash the pain? You sir are not a true Jet fan.

Well, he also had Pennington and Favre but failed with them too, as others have states.

What good coaches do though is get more out of their players than the talent on the team would indicate. With the salary cap in place really the talent levels are roughly similar across the league. Sure teams like the Eagles show up every once in awhile, but they don't last long either. Andy Reid has made the playoffs every year for a decade or something.

Look at what Rex is doing with the defense. This defense is not anymore talented than any other average unit, outside of Revis, who didn't even play well last year. But Rex gets them overachieving and gets a top ranking defense on the field.

Incidentally the Ravens have pretty much fallen off of a cliff. The Steelers are the same thing, no matter who they plug in it's a top defense.

The Colts always put out a top offense as do the Saints. Josh McDaniels and Mike Martz go from team to team and make even scrubby teams look good on offense. Look at the QBs these guys have had recently and tell me they are working with more talent than Sanchez and the Jets.

Losers whine about doing their best...

The Colts always put out a top offense as do the Saints. Josh McDaniels and Mike Martz go from team to team and make even scrubby teams look good on offense. Look at the QBs these guys have had recently and tell me they are working with more talent than Sanchez and the Jets.

So Sanchez=Brees and/or Manning? This is news to me.

The Colts always put out a top offense as do the Saints.

Manning, brees >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any jets qb we've had

Josh McDaniels and Mike Martz go from team to team and make even scrubby teams look good on offense. Look at the QBs these guys have had recently and tell me they are working with more talent than Sanchez and the Jets.

denver's offense was worse then ours in nearly every stat last year and got better when McDaniels left..

Martz has had numerous bad offenses under his watch, specifically in SF and his first year in Chicago

Sanchez is who Schottenheimer wanted. Just like Clemens before him.

Missed assignment after missed assignment. Failure to pick up one blitz after another. Poor reads on top of poor reads. These are all disciplinary issues and they fall 100% on coaching. Everything except Ducasse is Rex and Schott's fault tonight and to tell you the truth Vlad may be also because he has no business even dressing at this point.

Missed assignment after missed assignment. Failure to pick up one blitz after another. Poor reads on top of poor reads. These are all disciplinary issues and they fall 100% on coaching. Everything except Ducasse is Rex and Schott's fault tonight and to tell you the truth Vlad may be also because he has no business even dressing at this point.

That old Bum Phillips line about Bear Bryant becomes a lot less awesome when your coach seemingly applies it to himself.

Seriously?

I hear all these excuses for an over rated and over hyped Coordinator. Who for all his strengths, which are as common within the league as back ups, this guys finds ways to lose in the biggest moments we have. And who can forget his all time best play-call, the 4th down quick out to an unprotected WR covered by three Defensive players when we need over 15 yards for a first.

Look I just want to ask how long are we going to handcuff our selves? For all our teams growing pains you honestly think that any other O.C. would have ****ed up as much or would have had a job?

I just want to go out on a limb and tell you how I feel. I hate Shotty and his stupid game plans. Can we please let this guy go in the preseason. Sign anyone!!!! ANYONE!!! let Rex call the plays again I don't care...

PLEASE let Shotty not suck this year

Dude...I've been saying this on Jetsnation on facebook all -- ALL -- of last year and half of the year before...I dunno what the heck is the problem with Mikey...I'll raise the million to pay him off for this year...puleeeeze...he COMES FROM A FAMILY OF LOSERS...DAD AND UNCLE...WHAT DOES IT TAKE? A PETITION? I CAN DO THAT!!! WANNA HELP???

Archived