Brady will never get over playoff loss to Jets

Klecko73isGod

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/15/brady-says-hell-never-get-over-jets-playoff-loss/

Brady says he’ll never get over Jets playoff loss

Posted by Mike Florio on August 15, 2011, 8:23 AM EDT

Reuters

Amazingly, the Patriots haven’t won a playoff game since losing Super Bowl XLII to the New York Giants. New England’s most recent postseason futility, at the hands of New York’s other team, is gonna leave a mark. On quarterback Tom Brady’s soul.

During his latest in-season Monday morning appearance on WEEI in Boston (the over/under on how much gets paid for that is $5,000 per week), Brady said, “I’ll never get over that loss.”

“That loss” came to the Jets, not long after the Patriots shredded the Jets on the same field.

“They can rush the passer, find ways to confuse you by rushing the passer or by their coverages,” Brady told The Dennis & Callahan Morning Show, via Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. “We gave them a lot of credit when they won. We got to learn from that and understand what it takes to beat good teams.”

Brady also said he was “shocked” that he didn’t play in the Pats’ preseason opener against the Jaguars. “[bill Belichick] told us early in the week that everyone should be ready to play, then he told us the night before that a lot of us weren’t playing,” Brady said. “That shocked us.”

As to the possibility of what would be a shocking release of defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, it seems like Brady thinks Haynesworth will be sticking around. “Albert and I have had a lot of conversations and he’s a great player,” Brady said, possibly remembering well the preseason hit that Haynesworth applied to Brady a couple of years ago, which may or may not have caused a shoulder/rib injury that lingered into the regular season. “He’s looking forward to having a great season and getting out there.”

Brady was less positive about receiver Chad Ochocinco, explaining that Chad is undergoing a “crash course,” and that “[t]he way he’s played the game is quite a bit different from how we’ve played the game.” That said, and as we pointed out yesterday, the notion that Ochocinco could get cut is extremely far fetched, unless the Pats want to give him $4.75 million for a few weeks of practice.

Brady: How's that big fella?

Haynesworth: Not bad, but work the balls Cindy.

Brady: You got it!

If you think Tom Brady (or Bill Belichick) stays up at night worrying about a home playoff loss to the Jets that knocked the no. 1 seed Pats out of the AFC playoffs, then you need a reality check. Fans may brood about and dwell on such things for weeks or months. Players and coaches take it in stride, and move on.

I'm sure that bothered them for about a day (maybe a day and a half); now it's full speed ahead. They are even bringing in T.J. Houshmandzadeh in for a tryout. Rex Ryan and the Jets better be full speed ahead also (I'm sure they are).

If you think Tom Brady (or Bill Belichick) stays up at night worrying about a home playoff loss to the Jets that knocked the no. 1 seed Pats out of the AFC playoffs, then you need a reality check. Fans may brood about and dwell on such things for weeks or months. Players and coaches take it in stride, and move on.

I'm sure that bothered them for about a day (maybe a day and a half); now it's full speed ahead. They are even bringing in T.J. Houshmandzadeh in for a tryout. Rex Ryan and the Jets better be full speed ahead also (I'm sure they are).

So you're saying Tom Brady is a lying sack of crap?

I think the more relevant question is "would it bother you?"

It doesn't "bother" me either way. I just think Brady is trying to keep the rivalry on the front burner, and is not really "brooding" about that playoff loss. He is far more concerned with the 2011 season than he is about what happened in last season's AFC playoffs.

Archived