Aqib Talib, Kenny Britt facing suspensions?

Jetsfan80

Not sure how the hell Goodell is going to be able to get away with suspending players for actions that took place DURING the lockout. We'll see.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6885951/kenny-britt-aqib-talib-facing-suspensions-meet-roger-goodell-sources-say

Kenny Britt, Aqib Talib facing bans?

By Adam Schefter, ESPN

Updated: August 22, 2011, 7:38 PM ET

Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib and Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt are facing suspensions and will meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday to plead their cases, according to league sources.

One league source said the players could be in line for "lengthy" suspensions, however Talib's attorneys are convinced they have a sound defense that will appease the NFL and could help save their client.

In March, Talib was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in Texas. Talib already was suspended one game last season for an altercation he had with a taxi driver.

Britt is facing a Sept. 20 court date after he pleaded not guilty to disorderly conduct charges stemming from a July incident at a car wash in Hoboken, N.J. Hoboken police had suspected Britt was carrying a marijuana cigar.

In June, Britt was charged with two counts of falsifying information on his driver's license in Tennessee.

Both of those came after Britt was arrested after attempting to elude police who were trying make a traffic stop in New Jersey. Britt eventually parked his car and walked away on foot, but he and a friend quickly were apprehended. He eventually pleaded guilty to careless driving.

Titans player representative Jake Scott told ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky the NFL Players Association plans to fight any discipline for actions that occurred during the lockout.

Adam Schefter is an NFL Insider for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

...because suspensions are not supposed to make a team better.

While they are at it, shouldn't Wilfat be suspended too? Based on severity of NCAA violation if Terrelle Pryor is getting five games for getting a free tattoo, shouldn't Wilfat lose a whole year for taking $50k? Based solely on me being a Jets fan, I say Goodell needs to suspend the living sh*t out of that fat tub of lard.

No player should be punished for anything they did while they were locked out by the NFL. They were not under the NFL's employ at that time. Complete BS.

The power has really gone to Goodell's head. The Pryor suspension is BS, too. Guy needs to be replaced already.

No player should be punished for anything they did while they were locked out by the NFL. They were not under the NFL's employ at that time. Complete BS.

The power has really gone to Goodell's head. The Pryor suspension is BS, too. Guy needs to be replaced already.

Haynesworth's situation happened before the lockout started and he pleaded no contest to sexual assault yesterday when the lockout was over.

Because the players are stupid and let Goodell be the final say on all personal conduct issues in the NFL in the new CBA.

Why does the new CBA apply to actions that happened before it was ratified or when players weren't under contract? That doesn't make the least bit of sense.

That's like if I made a law today that said nobody's allowed to post article links without the article and then went back over the past year and arrested everyone who's ever done it. I'm pretty sure its illegal for a contractor to hold someone responsible for something he did while not under contract. Goodell = trash. I don't wish death only anybody, but if this guy fell down the stairs and died, I wouldn't care in the least (hell I'd probably celebrate).

Archived