Video : How many wins for the Jets ? ? ?

kelly

This is a tempting conversation, but I can't get involved in it. I've seen too many seasons that were absolutely *opposite* the preseason.

I've seen:

Good Preseason -> 6-10

Good Preseason -> 1st half fail -> Playoffs

Bad Preseason -> mediocre season -> Playoffs

I'm hopeful but just can't say anything until about mid-October.

why do you think our team is going to get worse this year? We were 9-7 Sanchez's rookie season. You really think we're going to regress back to that? You think every NFC east team beats us and most of the AFC WEST?? Really?? I see us splitting those division and splitting with the Pats AT WORSE. that's 11-5. Ravens are iffy. Chances are we will split NFC East, and go 3-4 AFC west. Our schedule is easier this year than last year.

1 Sun, Sep 11

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 2 Sun, Sep 18

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 3 Sun, Sep 25

4:05 PM CBS Tickets 4 Sun, Oct 2

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 5 Sun, Oct 9

4:15 PM CBS Tickets 6 Mon, Oct 17

8:30 PMnetworkLogo_espn.gif Tickets 7 Sun, Oct 23

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 8 BYE WEEK 9 Sun, Nov 6

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 10 Sun, Nov 13

8:20 PM NBC Tickets 11 Thu, Nov 17

8:20 PM NFL Tickets 12 Sun, Nov 27

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 13 Sun, Dec 4

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 14 Sun, Dec 11

1:00 PM CBS Tickets 15 Sun, Dec 18

4:15 PM CBS Tickets 16 Sat, Dec 24

1:00 PM FOX Tickets 17 Sun, Jan 1

The toughest matchups this season will be Philly, NE and Ravens. I don't see us haven't much trouble with the rest although we all know any given sunday.

Oakland and Chiefs had an easy schedule last year. I doubt they duplicate or improve, plus Oakland lost Asamoguhasldkfjasf. Easy wins for us. Bufalo, Miami - we should sweep, but who knows... miami seems to play good against us so it may be another split. Giants I see a win, Redskins, easy win, Denver, easy win, San Diego, tough win, but a win nonetheless. Dallas could go either way because it's so early and teams are still inexperienced, but I see us edging them because of better D. Jaguars, another easy win. 9-7 is unrealistic with that schedule, but obviously neither of you actually analyzed it, hence the failure to back up your doomsday predictions.

Sept 11

Dallas W

8:20pm (NBC)

Sept 18

Jacksonville W

1:00pm (CBS)

Sept 25

@Oakland W

4:05pm (CBS)

Oct 2

@Baltimore L

Oct 9

@New England L

4:15pm (CBS)

Oct 17

Miami W

8:30pm (ESPN)

Oct 23

San Diego L

Oct 30

Bye

Bye

Nov 6

@Buffalo W

Nov 14

Patriots W

Nov 17

@Denver W

8:20pm (NFLN)

Nov 27

Buffalo W

1:00pm (CBS)*

Dec 4

@Washington W

Dec 11

Kansas city W

Dec 18

@Philadelphia L

4:15pm (CBS)*

Dec 24

NY Giants W

1:00pm (FOX)*

Jan 1

@Miami W

12 wins. Whether that's enough to take the AFC East will be up to New England's opponents. If we really do go 4-3 before the bye it'll be entertaining around here to say the least.

12 wins. Whether that's enough to take the AFC East will be up to New England's opponents. If we really do go 4-3 before the bye it'll be entertaining around here to say the least.

I agree with 12 wins, but the Jets aren't losing to a Chargers team traveling cross country playing at 1PM. Just as a general rule, west coast teams playing east coast games at 1PM have next to no chance of pulling off a win. I honestly can't believe the NFL still hasn't adjusted the schedule to eliminate those games. I'd say that should help with some negativity going into the bye. That said, they'll still drop another loss, as the schedule needs to have room for at least one of those "lost to a team they never should have" games. As much as I hate to say it, a split with Miami wouldn't exactly shock me in that regard. Divsion games are always tough and they've given the Jets a lot of trouble since Rex's arrival.

Archived