Rugby World Cup 2011

Gainzo

I think only IrishJet and I will be following this but it is the 3rd most watched sporting event in the World (behind the soccer World Cup & the Olympics).

All the pressure is on the All-Blacks. Hate to say it but the poms and french have a good chance as well.

Opening Ceremony at Eden Park in Auckland starts in a couple of hours.

Ireland have absolutely no chance. We should have done much better at the last world cup when we actually had a very talented team and we managed to **** that up. Wouldn't be shocked to see us go out with another catastrophic display.

New Zealand are at another level, in fact all the SH teams are. Watching NZ/Australia and watching a European team is like watching a different sport.

Wilkinson isn't the same player. Injuries have just destroyed him, he's still better than what he showed against Argentina. Wales gave South Africa a game, which was surprising.

Looking forward to some perspective against Australia, then we'll see how close we are.

The Australia vs Ireland game tomorrow should be a good one. It's being played at Eden Park so even with a lot of Aussies there the Kiwi/Neutral fans will be behind the Irish.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday when the All Blacks face the French. The All Blacks were in dominating form yesterday against Japan. Scored 13 tries if I'm not mistaken.

Nice to see the USA pick up a win yesterday.

Holy ****ing YES!

Forwards were absolutely immense, completely shut down Australia. Unbelievable performance.

Well done Ireland. Thought you would enjoy this from the Sydney Morning Herald Sports page:

wallabies-620x0.jpg

Wallabies reeling after shock loss to Ireland

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-match-report/wallabies-reeling-after-shock-loss-to-ireland-20110917-1kf9z.html

• 3 weeks later...

The Scots made a good run but didn't make it. 8 teams are left and here are the match-ups next weekend:

Ireland vs Wales

England vs France

South Africa vs Australia

New Zealand vs Argentina

My tips are Ireland, France, Australia and New Zealand.

Got what we deserved, blew our load against Australia, just didn't look right at all in that game. Hope Wales **** up the French.

I didn't see the match but was disappointed you guys lost. New Zealand/Australia is going to be sick. If you see the match keep an eye on my favourite All Black, Piri Weepu. He is the guy who orchestrates the Haka.

Bob & Dom. The semi-finals will be shown live on Universal Sports on Saturday & Sunday morning (beginning around 3:30AM). They will be replayed in the afternoon and evening on both days.

Here is the channel finder for Universal http://www.universalsports.com/tv-listings/channel-finder.html Universal is a part of my standard Comcast lineup. The Final is going to be on NBC.

Bob & Dom. The semi-finals will be shown live on Universal Sports on Saturday & Sunday morning (beginning around 3:30AM). They will be replayed in the afternoon and evening on both days.

Here is the channel finder for Universal http://www.universal...nel-finder.html Universal is a

part of my standard Comcast lineup. The Final is going to be on NBC.

Thanks Gainzo. That's the channel I have been watching them on. It's 110 on Brooklyn Cablevision.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived