Jaguars WR Jason Hill: "Revis is overhyped"

Jetsfan80

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis is so good that that people want to disparage him when a receiver so much as makes a catch against him. He's the best CB I've ever seen. A much more complete player than Neon Deion ever was.

... agree revis is unbelievable! ...

... sanders had him on top end speed & i believe he was a little taller (too lazy to look that up) ... then sanders gets credit outside of the cb spot ... kick returner & some gadget wr stuff ...

... revis destroys him in play vs. the run & tackling ...

... just need revis to keep it up for another 8-10 years and finish with a ring or two ... very easily could be best cb ever ... wow ... awesome to be able to type that and know that it is true! ...

l_j_r

Complete player? Absolutely. Impact on the game? I'm not so sure. Sanders, while I refused to appreciate him when he played, was just unreal. He took away half of the field just like revis does, but found a way to get picks consistently. Also when he had the ball he was electric.... neon maybe. :) Always a threat to weave through the offensive players en route to a TD. Punt returns were an added bonus as well. Revis is a run stuffer and great open field tackler as well which Sanders most certainly was not. This season is starting out well for Revis and I have a feeling people are going to take a chance and see what he's made of a little bit more this season which could be exciting to see.

The fact that this conversation is arguable (not that we're arguing of course) is a great thing by the way. I'm learning to love Revis again after that contract crap last season.

Mark Sanchez is arguably a worse quarterback than ex-Jags QB David Garrard

lol I'm not letting that one go, JF80. A LOT of people are gonna be on that crow, too. I should be used to this kind of stuff here in the "big city" where we hate revis because of his aycheck, we hate A-Rod because he bangs a lot of hot women....since Joe we've hated our QB's who weren't Italian. lol we basically hate everyone who plays well for us and everyone who doesn't, but I just can't understand, how a dude with this winning pedigree, with all the talent in the world (unlike Pennington or Clemens, our prior drafted QBs that we loved who were limited to say the least, he's got all the goods), and who wins games like he has in his first two years..... and starts what should be his breakout season with 350 yrds 2 tds on sunday night vs. a good team, outmatching one of the so-called "elite" QB's gets put on the level or under a David Garrard by a fan of that team.

I know it's not just you who thinks that way, but you got the 'qoute'---To even things out on the 'told you so' tip, I will go on record saying that he has a pro bowl type year (3500 yrds, 60%, 20/10) and that's about where he will stay, while continuing to do what he does best, win big games). Of course barring injury, he IS going to have a season and a career that's gonna make that statement look pretty funny. :lol:

me too. and my kids got me a super sweet game day T with #24 and revis on the back, and I wear it !!!! lol.....I must have typed mevi$ 100 times on this board

I had a hard time with that last year. I defended him up to a point. It was too much for me. Then when he pulled the hammy I was damaged goods :)

lol I'm not letting that one go, JF80. A LOT of people are gonna be on that crow, too. I should be used to this kind of stuff here in the "big city" where we hate revis because of his aycheck, we hate A-Rod because he bangs a lot of hot women....since Joe we've hated our QB's who weren't Italian. lol we basically hate everyone who plays well for us and everyone who doesn't, but I just can't understand, how a dude with this winning pedigree, with all the talent in the world (unlike Pennington or Clemens, our prior drafted QBs that we loved who were limited to say the least, he's got all the goods), and who wins games like he has in his first two years..... and starts what should be his breakout season with 350 yrds 2 tds on sunday night vs. a good team, outmatching one of the so-called "elite" QB's gets put on the level or under a David Garrard by a fan of that team.

I know it's not just you who thinks that way, but you got the 'qoute'---To even things out on the 'told you so' tip, I will go on record saying that he has a pro bowl type year (3500 yrds, 60%, 20/10) and that's about where he will stay, while continuing to do what he does best, win big games). Of course barring injury, he IS going to have a season and a career that's gonna make that statement look pretty funny. :lol:

Umm sirlance, That was from the article I posted, not my opinion.

This was too funny, especially coming from a 5th year WR, who's only been able to put up 51 receptions, 661 yards and 5 TD's during his first 4 years of being in the league. Thats only an average of 12.75 catches, 165.25 yards and 1.25 TD's per season. That's horrible. You know what makes these comments coming from Jason Hill just as hilarious? As of one day ago, he was listed as being doubtful for the Jets game. This JAG ran his mouth, the least he could do was show up for the game. Funny.

Archived