We're not the only team with problems.

Jetsfan80

There needs to be a moratorium around here on all the incessant whining.

So our QB has been average, our offensive line is out of synch, and we only beat the Jaguars by 29 instead of 99.

Can we focus on the positives? Eric Smith, of all people, is actually making some plays. Our special teams have been phenomenal. Our defensive line is getting great penetration on the run game even as it got younger. Our receiving corps looks better than last year. We're moving the ball even as the running game has sputtered.

In addition, look around the rest of the league. The lockout is clearing having its effect. The Steelers got blown out by the Ravens, and the Ravens followed that up with a dreadful performance against the Titans. The "Dream Team" came back to earth with a road loss to Atlanta. The Packers defense has been getting shredded. The Chiefs have gotten outscored 89-3 in its first 2 games, the Colts are awful without Manning, etc. etc. No team is without its fair share of problems in the early going.

If we don't progress from this point, that will be a major concern. This point can't be minimized. But the same must be true for the rest of the league as well.

I am OK with where we are right now. We haven't hit our stride and we are 2-0. We can improve and might right when we go on our 3 game road trip, hopefully. Chiefs and Colts are in for long years. We just gotta keep improving and hopefully mangold and turner come back sooner than we hope while other players step up in their place.

He threw for 378 yards and 2 TD's. Not bad considering they were a west coast team traveling east. I'm sure he's pretty pissed off at Mike Tolbert right now.

Considering the type of runner Tolbert is. That run was horrible. He should drove it up the middle and tried to push the pile or something. Dancing his way around the pile was retarded. Was it drawn up like that or was the OC just that dumb?

There needs to be a moratorium around here on all the incessant whining.

So our QB has been average, our offensive line is out of synch, and we only beat the Jaguars by 29 instead of 99.

Can we focus on the positives? Eric Smith, of all people, is actually making some plays. Our special teams have been phenomenal. Our defensive line is getting great penetration on the run game even as it got younger. Our receiving corps looks better than last year. We're moving the ball even as the running game has sputtered.

In addition, look around the rest of the league. The lockout is clearing having its effect. The Steelers got blown out by the Ravens, and the Ravens followed that up with a dreadful performance against the Titans. The "Dream Team" came back to earth with a road loss to Atlanta. The Packers defense has been getting shredded. The Chiefs have gotten outscored 89-3 in its first 2 games, the Colts are awful without Manning, etc. etc. No team is without its fair share of problems in the early going.

If we don't progress from this point, that will be a major concern. This point can't be minimized. But the same must be true for the rest of the league as well.

2 things. 1. Stop giving Eric Smith credit. He was guarding 3rd string WRs/TE's vs. a 4th string QB. Last week vs. a real TE and a decent QB, he was the poop stain he always is. 2. Its week 2, lot of season left. Teams are going to get better. Thats the goal, get hot at the right time. IMO - you cant put a lot stock into what you are seeing around the league. Not yet at least. Well, except for the teams that cant work there way out of wet paper bag, Colts, Seahags, Dolphags, etc.

Except, of course, the other team in our division, who's basically making it look easy out there.

So? They did the same thing last year too.

Consider me not worried. It took the Chargers turning the ball over 5 times yesterday for the Pats to make it look "easy".

He threw for 378 yards and 2 TD's, and that's without a single ball making it to Antonio Gates. Not bad considering they were a west coast team traveling east. I'm sure he's pretty pissed off at Mike Tolbert right now.

Or maybe he gives him a pass considering he turned the ball over 4 times himself.

This helps my point. Everybody is struggling. Rivers turned it over a lot, but the Pats still allowed him to complete close to 75 % of his throws. He lit them up just like Henne did.

And Big Ben the week before...and Matt Ryan. Dude, its the NFL. Its totally different week to week.

Everyone is all up in arms we dont have the 99 Rams offense. Oh well, we havent the last 2 years either. And guess what, we keep going on the road and beating "elite" offensive teams. So I coudnt care less. Would I like Mark Sanchez to be Brady. Yep...but it doesnt mean sh*t.

You want to know how little our offense sucking means in the big pictures. Just look at what Sanchez has done in the playoffs. 09 - Bengals, San Diego. 10 - Pats, Colts. Minus the Benglas, we faced elite offensive teams, with elite Qb's and won.

Jets are winning to the SB. **** all these haters.

Pat D does look like crap, but they still score at will. We got the better of them last time, but no one else seems to be able to beat them, so until that happens, we're a likely wildcard team again. And, we'll have to take on that offense in the playoffs, which, I'm not looking forward to.

Pat D does look like crap, but they still score at will. We got the better of them last time, but no one else seems to be able to beat them, so until that happens, we're a likely wildcard team again. And, we'll have to take on that offense in the playoffs, which, I'm not looking forward to.

Doesn't it give you some measure of confidence knowing that we're equipped to beat the Patriots? We can't do much about what the rest of the league does, but at least we have that going for us.

I do think the Pats will stumble, all the same. They have games @ Pittsburgh and @ Philadelphia. Granted, we play @ Philadelphia as well, but I think we match up better with them than the Patriots do.

Doesn't it give you some measure of confidence knowing that we're equipped to beat the Patriots? We can't do much about what the rest of the league does, but at least we have that going for us.

I do think the Pats will stumble, all the same. They have games @ Pittsburgh and @ Philadelphia. Granted, we play @ Philadelphia as well, but I think we match up better with them than the Patriots do.

It's an offensive league. They can score with significantly more ease than we can.

It's an offensive league. They can score with significantly more ease than we can.

And we're one of the few defenses (if not the only) that is capable of combating these top defenses on a consistent basis. It's the reason why we accounted for 66 % of New England's losses last year.

I don't think the concern is that we have a problem or two. The concern is that we still don't look good enough to be at least 13-win team. Tom Brady still looks like he's good enough to win at least 12. Which is fine, but history does show with this team that having to go on the road as a wild card isn't in this particular squad's best interest. The Falcons, Steelers, Ravens...etc, they don't have a similar interdivisional problem like we do.

I don't think the concern is that we have a problem or two. The concern is that we still don't look good enough to be at least 13-win team. Tom Brady still looks like he's good enough to win at least 12. Which is fine, but history does show with this team that having to go on the road as a wild card isn't in this particular squad's best interest. The Falcons, Steelers, Ravens...etc, they don't have a similar interdivisional problem like we do.

The Steelers and Ravens don't? :blink:

Archived