Vs. Ravens, Schotty and Sanchez DID suck......

lancemehl

Now this week such a thread is spot on....although it is my duty to point out that the entire team sucked balls (except Revis, of course) but i'M not ready to fired the whole team. One positive about Sanchez' is that I'm confident he will bounce back. I still have to laugh when I hear he's 'finished' IMO; he has already proven he CAN win and be very productive in the league, on the road, in big games, against our rivals. So now the issue is execution, performance, timing, decision making, and chemistry, all things that can be worked on.......all across the board (team).

One problem, especially in Baltimore Sunday, but basically all year, has been the play calling for sure. I'll lay that on Schotty and his new partner and Rex, and it may not have been SUCH a terrible decision, but they obviously decided from the opener that they were going to get Sanchez going this year. We came out passing right away against Dallas, AND he DID prove that he can put up numbers, move the chains, go down-field... all of that. So beside the picks, there was reason to be pleased. He's certainly no 'bust' (but he may need to come prepared to class, stop throwing stink bombs and putting boogers on Brunell..for a while. I think by giving him that long leash and the C and letting him air it out accomplished what they wanted..to finally have a good QB, but it came at the expense of the running game.

That's obviously not the only reason. The O-line is suffering from the Mangold injury, Hunter's growing pains, and Ducasse finding it difficult to learn how to block. Obviously if you cant create holes, you can't run the ball. I like what the reporter asked if he considered replacing Shonn Greene and letting one of the backups get in there and Rex says, "why don't we give Shonn Greene a chance first." lol Not to mention, if Sanchez keep getting tattooed like he did last Sunday, we are looking at a David Carr situation (or that dude who wore #7 for us).

I know I'm not breaking ground when I say this, but we need to get back to what we (used to) do best. Personally, I don't give a sh*t if Sanchez throws for 300 yards. I am very happy with what we did last year-----with an much improved QB, who is not asked to do TOO much, but can do what he has to do in the moment. (In other words, if we need to go 80 yards in two minutes, I feel OK; if the pocket collapses and he starts to scramble, I feel OK...and so on.)

***On a side note, I hope we aren't seeing a glimpse of the evil Santonio Holmes, who's already doing a bit of 'finger-pointing' already. Imagine he and Plax get going?? (You never think it can happen to YOUR team. lol)

Anyway, let me play the token optimist here on JN and say that this was probably a necessary wake up early in the season, getting them back to focusing on what they do, namely run the ball effectively and play strong defense. The O-line is definitely a problem, but Mangold will return (hopefully this week), then we only have Hunter to watch and he's actually been the star lately lol. LT has had a nice start underneath all of this. He looks charged. It's all about adjustments, execution, focus, and pride.

That goes for the defense too. They MUST be humiliated after Baltimore. They are supposedly a very proud bunch, and let's not forget they are STILL a top-tier defense. I like my chances with this group pissed off and embarrassed, playing a rival with something to prove. But we'll see. This a very good barometer for this team's heart!! A big win may catapult us the way getting blown out by the Pats did last year.

If Sanchez was getting mauled damn near every drop back Im not sure how you can blame him . He did what he could IMO . No QB would have succeeded in that situation. The Ed Reed Strip sack was a tough read because he was actully on a WR at the line and left him to blitz it was disguised very well and it seemed Sanchez first read was a double move by Santonio (hence the pump fake) leaving the blitz to Sanchez blind side. You would think someone could have picked up that blitz or even screamed at Sanchez to duck but Im guessing no one saw Reed at all.

The proper way to play it would have been JIF's suggestion of max protect and throw in some Screens when the defense over persues . We saw a little of max protect and nor much at all in the way of screens. Just poor game planning and very poor adjustment like we have become used to. Im not sure we will ever see what we have in Sanchez until we get Shotty the **** out of here. We know he has the ability but we need someone who knows the game to coach him up or put him in the right situations.

If Sanchez was getting mauled damn near every drop back Im not sure how you can blame him . He did what he could IMO . No QB would have succeeded in that situation. The Ed Reed Strip sack was a tough read because he was actully on a WR at the line and left him to blitz it was disguised very well and it seemed Sanchez first read was a double move by Santonio (hence the pump fake) leaving the blitz to Sanchez blind side. You would think someone could have picked up that blitz or even screamed at Sanchez to duck but Im guessing no one saw Reed at all.

The proper way to play it would have been JIF's suggestion of max protect and throw in some Screens when the defense over persues . We saw a little of max protect and nor much at all in the way of screens. Just poor game planning and very poor adjustment like we have become used to. Im not sure we will ever see what we have in Sanchez until we get Shotty the **** out of here. We know he has the ability but we need someone who knows the game to coach him up or put him in the right situations.

Screens require precise blocking themselves...They require alot of an OL...an OL that isn't performing all that well right now.

All in all I'm not as worried as most ppl on this site about the team overall. I have plenty of faith in Rex and Co. being able to game plan and adjust each game on D. I think the O line will get it together as season goes along and overall should play better. The one thing I do not have confidence in is our OC. When numerous teams say your plays are predictable, how can we expect to move the ball effectively throwing or running. Hopefully Moore will get disgusted by mid season and take over play calling duties.

Screens require precise blocking themselves...They require alot of an OL...an OL that isn't performing all that well right now.

Not on a all out blitz they dont. The Ravens were agressive all night weather we can block or not you cant just not call plays. Why bother getting off the team bus.

Im not sure we will ever see what we have in Sanchez until we get Shotty the **** out of here. We know he has the ability but we need someone who knows the game to coach him up or put him in the right situations.

Amen :)

Not on a all out blitz they dont. The Ravens were agressive all night weather we can block or not you cant just not call plays. Why bother getting off the team bus.

Especially on an all out blitz. They have to sell the screen while retarding the blitzers, and if that screen is complete then those that have to be in space should be there. It's really not all that easy to run a screen...Sure when it's done right it looks real easy and smooth, but it requires a whole lot of coordination and communication that just isn't there. This ain't Madden....

When the **** has he ever been "very productive"?! Us winning a game isn't him being very productive, and when tons of QBs even rookies are putting up 400 yard games with multiple TDs this year I don't think Sanchez can ever be considered very productive.

EDIT: And how the hell are you calling out the defense? 13 points allowed (3 because Sanchez fumbled within FG range) and they made Flacco have one of the worst performances of a QB I've ever seen. Oh and they only scored 7 points of their own and got another fumble within FG range for us that Sanchez turned into a pick 6 and truly ended the game with. Oh and the time of possession was 38 - 22 minutes in the Ravens favors.

Especially on an all out blitz. They have to sell the screen while retarding the blitzers, and if that screen is complete then those that have to be in space should be there. It's really not all that easy to run a screen...Sure when it's done right it looks real easy and smooth, but it requires a whole lot of coordination and communication that just isn't there. This ain't Madden....

gee thanks for the football lesson. And please dont give me the madden sh*t .

Archived