Rex Ryan says he would have earned 'a couple rings' if hired by Chargers in 2007

THE ILK

Go root for another team. You dont deserve to root for a guy like Rex.

Rex Ryan is the man. Jets fan are idiots. Dont know when they got a good thing going for em.

Rex is by far the best thing to ever happen to this franchise since I've been alive...by far! Some fans. :rolleyes:

Root for another team? Are you kidding me dude! A good thing going....if we loose because this dumb a$$ doesnt know when to zip it lets see what you've got to say come monday. Like I said "we" tolerate the stupidity IF we win...we loose and this season is a bust and the dumb a$$ in my opinion the clock will be ticking on him.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Root for another team? Are you kidding me dude! A good thing going....if we loose because this dumb a$$ doesnt know when to zip it lets see what you've got to say come monday. Like I said "we" tolerate the stupidity IF we win...we loose and this season is a bust and the dumb a$$ in my opinion the clock will be ticking on him.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can get not liking Rex's big mouth, but in what world can anyone possibly believe that will have a single damn thing to do with what goes on in the game? All it will do is make him look like an even bigger a$$ for running his mouth and then losing, but if he doesn't give a crap about that I have no idea why anyone else would. The Jets could very well lose on Sunday, and hell every game for the rest of the season after that, but there would still be absolutely nothing to suggest that these comments made one little shred of a difference.

So the Jets lose because Rex doesnt know when to zip it? Ok buddy...if thats what you believe than I cant help ya.

Cant wait to see what this team would be like under a different HC. What a joke this fan base is. 3-3 and they are calling for the head of the best HC they've had since I dont know when. Maybe Mangini will come back. He was a tight lipped BB deciple...look how great he was.

FTR, I tolerate his "stupidity" win or lose because I realize the guy is an outstanding HC and nothing he says to the media effects what happens on the field. Nothing. There is not a HC in the NFL I'd rather have than Rex Ryan. <3 that man

27 i dont think for a second the Jets lose games because of Rex's mouth. If players cant get motivated to win in the NFL without bullitin board material to help them they need to be in a different league.

On the other hand when this team loses, all the fingers point at Rex because of what Rex has said in the past about winning a SB. It makes it so that those on the outside will begin to look at it as a joke especially if Rex keeps talkin while losing. What that will do is lose Rex his credibility and make people question if his head is screwed on right and that can spiral out of control really fast under the NY microscope/

All that being said players love to play for the guy so in that respect hes done it right. I think he needs to pay more attention to his team as a whole because sometimes when asked questions on offense he usually answers with comments like I have full faith in those guys coaching over there .....and to be honest that scares the crap out of me. I want to see Rex take ownership of his offense a bit more.

So the Jets lose because Rex doesnt know when to zip it? Ok buddy...if thats what you believe than I cant help ya.

Cant wait to see what this team would be like under a different HC. What a joke this fan base is. 3-3 and they are calling for the head of the best HC they've had since I dont know when. Maybe Mangini will come back. He was a tight lipped BB deciple...look how great he was.

FTR, I tolerate his "stupidity" win or lose because I realize the guy is an outstanding HC and nothing he says to the media effects what happens on the field. Nothing. There is not a HC in the NFL I'd rather have than Rex Ryan. <3 that man

So you don't have a problem with him saying what he says (i.e. he would have 2 SB rings with SD??) You don't have a problem with us being 3-3 right now? When we all agreed back in the summer that we projected our team taking the next step at being an "elite" team? And what do we have now? A team that lost to the Raiders, embarrassed by the Ravens and lost to the Pats. Our defense has taken steps backwards and our offense absolutely blows. And your ok with this? What I am saying is Rex should STFU and concentrate on getting his under-achieving team ready to play come sunday and every sunday. If you are going to Talk the Talk you better be ready to WALK the WALK.

Wow...If you truly believe this to be true then if we win this game we would of won the game because he doesn't know how to zip it and you should be wanting him to say stupid comments every week and being mad at him if he doesn't.

27 i dont think for a second the Jets lose games because of Rex's mouth. If players cant get motivated to win in the NFL without bullitin board material to help them they need to be in a different league.

On the other hand when this team loses, all the fingers point at Rex because of what Rex has said in the past about winning a SB. It makes it so that those on the outside will begin to look at it as a joke especially if Rex keeps talkin while losing. What that will do is lose Rex his credibility and make people question if his head is screwed on right and that can spiral out of control really fast under the NY microscope/

All that being said players love to play for the guy so in that respect hes done it right. I think he needs to pay more attention to his team as a whole because sometimes when asked questions on offense he usually answers with comments like I have full faith in those guys coaching over there .....and to be honest that scares the crap out of me. I want to see Rex take ownership of his offense a bit more.

You make a good point and yeah I maybe a little pissed right now considering everything so far. But come on man enough with the talk of SB's...lets try and win the division. Lets try and get home field advantage...We all said the same thing before the season started. I am just pissed....

Wow...If you truly believe this to be true then if we win this game we would of won the game because he doesn't know how to zip it and you should be wanting him to say stupid comments every week and being mad at him if he doesn't.

ok as I said in another post I may be wrong..but when I posted I was a bit pissed...still am but not ready to throw the towel in on the guy...YET

So you don't have a problem with him saying what he says (i.e. he would have 2 SB rings with SD??) You don't have a problem with us being 3-3 right now? When we all agreed back in the summer that we projected our team taking the next step at being an "elite" team? And what do we have now? A team that lost to the Raiders, embarrassed by the Ravens and lost to the Pats. Our defense has taken steps backwards and our offense absolutely blows. And your ok with this? What I am saying is Rex should STFU and concentrate on getting his under-achieving team ready to play come sunday and every sunday. If you are going to Talk the Talk you better be ready to WALK the WALK.

Wow, you're good at spewing cliches. You know who's not good at that? Rex Ryan. And that's exactly why I love the guy.

I hope that the day Rex takes the Lombardi out of Roger Goodell's hands he holds it in one hand, grabs his nuts with the other and says, "EAT IT BITCHES!!! THIS IS JUST THE FIRST ONE!!!"

Wow, you're good at spewing cliches. You know who's not good at that? Rex Ryan. And that's exactly why I love the guy.

I hope that the day Rex takes the Lombardi out of Roger Goodell's hands he holds it in one hand, grabs his nuts with the other and says, "EAT IT BITCHES!!! THIS IS JUST THE FIRST ONE!!!"

Aactually I liked the ones spewed the other day by Namath!

You make a good point and yeah I maybe a little pissed right now considering everything so far. But come on man enough with the talk of SB's...lets try and win the division. Lets try and get home field advantage...We all said the same thing before the season started. I am just pissed....

Ummm, I think he's trying to do exactly that. That's kind of the point of all the talking.

Your right we should be looking at winning the division first and getting home field those were the logical steps we needed to take to legitimize what Rex is saying. Hes jumping to SB and skipping a few steps in between. We cant be this wildly inconsistent team and expect to win 3 playoff games as a WC team, we just can't. Even if we get Hot like we did the last 2 years getting to AFCCG at some point somethings going to break down if you have not been consistent all year long and I think we all know at some point the talent will have to outplay the ridiculous play calling on offense to succeed :) doing that for 3 games in a row vs Playoff caliber defenses is not going to happen, the Steelers game last year proved that.

Your right we should be looking at winning the division first and getting home field those were the logical steps we needed to take to legitimize what Rex is saying. Hes jumping to SB and skipping a few steps in between. We cant be this wildly inconsistent team and expect to win 3 playoff games as a WC team, we just can't. Even if we get Hot like we did the last 2 years getting to AFCCG at some point somethings going to break down if you have not been consistent all year long and I think we all know at some point the talent will have to outplay the ridiculous play calling on offense to succeed :) doing that for 3 games in a row vs Playoff caliber defenses just is not going to happen the Steelers game last year proved that.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem with him saying whatever it he wants to say. It doesnt effect anything that happens on the field. I'm believe you should never change who you are for anyone, I think Rex is the same way. Like he said, he's got one shot at this and he's going succeed or fail doing it his way. So far, he's been the most successful HC in Football over the last 2 years.

There is nothing I can do about being 3-3 and I'm not overly concered because the Jets are right in the thick of things and could realistically be 5-3 going into their game with NE. Lots of season left. The Raiders game was anomaly. The Ravens game was the perfect storm with Mangold out and OL not playing their best. The Ravens defense is one of a kind and Sanchez was awful. Nothing to do with Rex. His defense was lights out that night. The Pats havent lost a home game in what 6 years during the regular season or something insane like that? So yeah, I actually expected to lose a couple of those road games preseason and knew we'd lose all 3 when Mangold went out.

Our defense is fine and we have the bet defensive coach in Football, so yeah, I'm fine with our defense. Our offense sucked for years and it didnt stop us from going the AFCG in back to back seasons.

You dont deserve Rex Ryan.

I have no problem with him saying whatever it he wants to say. It doesnt effect anything that happens on the field. I'm believe you should never change who you are for anyone, I think Rex is the same way. Like he said, he's got one shot at this and he's going succeed or fail doing it his way. So far, he's been the most successful HC in Football over the last 2 years.

There is nothing I can do about being 3-3 and I'm not overly concered because the Jets are right in the thick of things and could realistically be 5-3 going into their game with NE. Lots of season left. The Raiders game was anomaly. The Ravens game was the perfect storm with Mangold out and OL not playing their best. The Ravens defense is one of a kind and Sanchez was awful. Nothing to do with Rex. His defense was lights out that night. The Pats havent lost a home game in what 6 years during the regular season or something insane like that? So yeah, I actually expected to lose a couple of those road games preseason and knew we'd lose all 3 when Mangold went out.

Our defense is fine and we have the bet defensive coach in Football, so yeah, I'm fine with our defense. Our offense sucked for years and it didnt stop us from going the AFCG in back to back seasons.

You dont deserve Rex Ryan.

Your right I deserve (and SO DO YOU), a division title FIRST, then Home Field advantage, then a win the in AFCCG and then get to the SB...Then Rex can run his mouth for two weeks saying he will win it all.....But you do make some good points and like I said I was pissed when I originally wrote the first post...I simmered down a bit since.....

Your right I deserve (and SO DO YOU), a division title FIRST, then Home Field advantage, then a win the in AFCCG and then get to the SB...Then Rex can run his mouth for two weeks saying he will win it all.....But you do make some good points and like I said I was pissed when I originally wrote the first post...I simmered down a bit since.....

Not for nothing but 3 of the last 5 SB Champs did not win their division and something like 8 of the last 10 didn't have homefield advantage.

I want a SB win. I couldn't care less about division titles or homefield advantage.

And I'm just being a dick to be a dick. I just <3 Rex and I'm shocked that this fan base is turning on him because of a 3-3 start. Its shocking. The division would be nice, homefield would be nice, but like Klacko said before it doesnt guarantee you nothing. The Packers had to win their last game of the season to make it into the playoffs. Its all about who's playing the best come playoff time.

So the Jets lose because Rex doesnt know when to zip it? Ok buddy...if thats what you believe than I cant help ya. Cant wait to see what this team would be like under a different HC. What a joke this fan base is. 3-3 and they are calling for the head of the best HC they've had since I dont know when. Maybe Mangini will come back. He was a tight lipped BB deciple...look how great he was. FTR, I tolerate his "stupidity" win or lose because I realize the guy is an outstanding HC and nothing he says to the media effects what happens on the field. Nothing. There is not a HC in the NFL I'd rather have than Rex Ryan. <3 that man

But will you let him buttsecks you? that's true <3

Rex thought the Chargers were well built AT THAT TIME - 3yrs ago. Rex responded excitedly about what might have happened with those teams -- 3yrs ago.

That's all he did.

The man can't say he was excited about the prospect? When I heard Norv Turner was pissing his pants, I initially wasn't sure why. ..oh yeah, Norv sucked during that period.

I think eventually Rex will say less during interviews, and he'll become a mumbling curmudgeon like every other wuss coach out there. He'll do it because anything said with emotion will be hyper-analyzed and blown out of proportion. Norv needs to shut the f*** up and coach. The reporters need to stop exaggerating his intent just to create a story. Our players need to play better.

Next week? We'll play a team that is *NOT* the team Rex was excited about 3years ago. Rex knows it, I know it, and the full-of-sh*t media knows it. They're just trying to rile everyone up so we run to their website and click on their fast food and mortgage ads. f*** them.

Archived