Teams are only 3-9 after the bye this year...

Steveg

Means nothing to us-Buffalo Merriman is out now for the year-their defense not strong to begin with is hurting

I agree with you Faba.

Buffalo's starting 3-4 NT in Kyle Williams is also listed as being out against the Redskins this Sunday, and unlikely to return against the Jets two Sunday's from now. He's a very good NT as well. And as we all know (see Robertson and the Jets defense), without a very good NT when running a 3-4 defense; you have no defense.

Demetrius Bell could also be out against the Jets come week 9. Buffalo's starting LT. Buffalo could be in a world of trouble this week against the Redskins defense. Levitre is starting at LT. He's Buffalo's starting LG. He'll be going up against one of the best pass rushers in the game today. His name is Brian Orakpo, and he's a monster. The Redskins also rank #1 in total defensive sacks. This is a nightmare for Fitzpatrick and Buffalo's offense. Levitre being forced to move over to LT, will also hurt Fred Jackson and the Bills run game. Levitre has only moved over to LT, because their backup LT, Chris Hairston, just went down for 2-4 weeks. Meaning that they'll also have a backup LG starting for a makeshift offensive line. Chances are, Bell misses the Jets game. Our defense will murder Fitzpatrick and the Bills if that's the case.

Donald Jones is also missing his second game of the season, because of injury. He's been pretty productive at the WR position this year. This could really hurt Buffalo, especially considering the fact that Roscoe Parrish went down during I believe week 1. The Bills are running thin at WR, and there is no chance in hell Stevie Johnson has any type of success against us, not with Revis on the other side. To make a long story short, if Donald Jones doesn't heal up before the Jets game, Fitzpatrick will have zero weapons to work with.

Shawne Merriman going to the IR has became heartbreaking news for Buffalo fans. The Bills are ranked dead last with only 4 sacks on the year. No pass rush what so ever.

I'm not sure why Jet fans are worried about the Bills. We're on the verge of physically destroying these guys. You all think the Patriots defense has been awful? Nothing compared to the Bills defense. Buffalo has by far, the worst overall ranked defense in all of football. And it's not even close.

Dead last in sacks, 31st in yards allowed, 30th in yards allowed against the pass, 30th against the run, 23rd in points allowed and 19th in fumbles forced.

Sacks really don't mean anything. Pressure is the important thing. And, no way is the Buffalo pass defense worse than the Pats. Additionally, Buffalo's offense isn't anything to sneeze at. The Jets should win, but I don't think it will be as easy as you think.

I agree with you Faba.

Buffalo's starting 3-4 NT in Kyle Williams is also listed as being out against the Redskins this Sunday, and unlikely to return against the Jets two Sunday's from now. He's a very good NT as well. And as we all know (see Robertson and the Jets defense), without a very good NT when running a 3-4 defense; you have no defense.

Demetrius Bell could also be out against the Jets come week 9. Buffalo's starting LT. Buffalo could be in a world of trouble this week against the Redskins defense. Levitre is starting at LT. He's Buffalo's starting LG. He'll be going up against one of the best pass rushers in the game today. His name is Brian Orakpo, and he's a monster. The Redskins also rank #1 in total defensive sacks. This is a nightmare for Fitzpatrick and Buffalo's offense. Levitre being forced to move over to LT, will also hurt Fred Jackson and the Bills run game. Levitre has only moved over to LT, because their backup LT, Chris Hairston, just went down for 2-4 weeks. Meaning that they'll also have a backup LG starting for a makeshift offensive line. Chances are, Bell misses the Jets game. Our defense will murder Fitzpatrick and the Bills if that's the case.

Donald Jones is also missing his second game of the season, because of injury. He's been pretty productive at the WR position this year. This could really hurt Buffalo, especially considering the fact that Roscoe Parrish went down during I believe week 1. The Bills are running thin at WR, and there is no chance in hell Stevie Johnson has any type of success against us, not with Revis on the other side. To make a long story short, if Donald Jones doesn't heal up before the Jets game, Fitzpatrick will have zero weapons to work with.

Shawne Merriman going to the IR has became heartbreaking news for Buffalo fans. The Bills are ranked dead last with only 4 sacks on the year. No pass rush what so ever.

I'm not sure why Jet fans are worried about the Bills. We're on the verge of physically destroying these guys. You all think the Patriots defense has been awful? Nothing compared to the Bills defense. Buffalo has by far, the worst overall ranked defense in all of football. And it's not even close.

Dead last in sacks, 31st in yards allowed, 30th in yards allowed against the pass, 30th against the run, 23rd in points allowed and 19th in fumbles forced.

So basically this game is shaping up to be a classic SOJ game. God I hope not this team can't lose another division game.

it is a significant trend because the new CBA mandates a 4 consecutive day break for the players ( I'm pretty sure) so you can argue the teams have not adjusted

the only saving grace is the jets are playing a team ahead of them in the division so you can only hope motivation will not be a problem

I agree with you Faba.

the skins are a trainwreck dude

QB in the hospital, starting HB on IR and moss out for 2 months. bills will roll the skins by 17

Sacks really don't mean anything. Pressure is the important thing. And, no way is the Buffalo pass defense worse than the Pats. Additionally, Buffalo's offense isn't anything to sneeze at. The Jets should win, but I don't think it will be as easy as you think.

The Patriots pass defense may be a laughing stock, but the Bills pass defense is just as bad. Well, almost just as bad. But in regards to the Buffalo defense, I wasn't talking about "pass defense" being worse than NE's pass defense. I'm talking Buffalo's overall defense being much worse than NE's overall defense. And that it is. No team in the league has a defense as bad as Buffalo's. And now their starting NT is out? Ugly.

And if sacks don't mean anything in your eyes, you're nuts. Sacks are game changing plays. Not only do the Bills only have 4 defensive sacks on the season (dead last), but their pass rush has been non existent all season long. They have no pass rush what so ever.

Passing yards allowed per game

Patriots: 322. 32nd.

Buffalo: 285. 30th.

Comletion % againt

Patriots: 65.5%. 28th,

Buffalo: 63.1 %. 22nd.

Pass yards per attempt against

Patriots: 8.5. 32nd.

Buffalo: 7.8. 22nd.

TD's allowed through the air

Patriots: 10. 15th.

Buffalo: 10. 15th.

INT's

Patriots: 8. 7th.

Buffalo: 12. 2nd.

Sacks:

Patriots: 10. 29th.

Buffalo: 4. 32nd.

As you can see, other than INT's, both of these pass D's are horrible. Obviously the Patriots pass defense is worse than Buffalo's, who's pass defense is also a joke.

Points allowed per game:

Patriots: 22.5. 15th.

Buffalo: 24.5. 23rd.

Overall yards allowed per game:

Patriots: 423.7. 32nd.

Buffalo: 420.5. 31st.

Rushing yards allowed per game:

Patriots: 101.5. 8th.

Buffalo: 135.7. 30th.

Average yards per rush against:

Patriots: 4.4. 17th.

Buffalo: 5.1. 29th.

Rushing TD's allowed:

Patriots: 5. 13th.

Buffalo: 8. 28th.

As a Jets fan, I hate the Patriots with everything I have, but there is no way that anyone can tell me that NE's defense is worse than Buffalo's.

Buffalo's offense may rank 10th in yards per game, 15th in passing yards per game, 4th in rushing yards per game, 3rd in points per game, 13th in 1st downs and 11th in 3rd down % converted... But now their starting LT is injured. Their backup LT is hurt.. Which is why their LT position is being replaced by their starting LG. Now? They have a backup LG. This will kill their pass protection, especially this week against the Redskins who rank #1 in sacks and it will also hurt Fred Jackson and Buffalo's run game; having a backup LG playing alongside a fill-in LT. As of right now, they have a makeshift offensive line. With this type of offensive line, Donald Jones being hurt, Johnson being shut down by Revis... Fitzpatrick won't have a CHANCE IN HELL against our Jets defense. None what so ever.

...plus the Jets are traveling to Buffalo, plus, under Rex, they're 0-2 after the bye the last 2 years. Hopefully, they don't come back fat, slow, and lazy....

Buffalo is hurting and I don't see them beating us next week. You will probably see some crappy play from both teams (i.e. slow start from our offense) and then we pick it up in the 3rd quarter...we win and then comes the Pats.

Archived