How is Wilkerson doing?

stoicsentry

Had his best game of the season against San Diego but he was very inconsistent prior to that. I don't know if he was ready for this much playing time right off the bat, only Pouha's seen more snaps on the line. Him and Harris are the primary reasons as to why the run D's struggled the way it has.

Had his best game of the season against San Diego but he was very inconsistent prior to that. I don't know if he was ready for this much playing time right off the bat, only Pouha's seen more snaps on the line. Him and Harris are the primary reasons as to why the run D's struggled the way it has.

and BT being out/westerman in and devito playing subpar/missing tackles in the backfield, pito playing subpar - hell - dixon has been our studliest DL

run defense is about technique. So give him time. He's an agressive natural pass rusher type, I would imagine he isn't generating too much of a rush because he is so caught in his head about recognizing run. It's actually pretty complex, sometimes you have to penetrate and take on a pulling guard or full back, and take the correct shoulder to force the runner to a particular route. Or on an opposite side run, you have to scrape the line to take away a cut back.

He isn't making the impact I imagine he will make in the next few years because he has yet to master the mental part of the position.

What is Harris doing wrong? Why do you think he's not performing? Unusual for him

What is Harris doing wrong? Why do you think he's not performing? Unusual for him

It isn't. His strong suit has never been playing the run. The difference this year is that normally Pouha and Scott more than make up for that, but the both of them this year have noticeably taken a step back. However, the pass defense has been so absurdly good this year due to Pace and the CB's (Revis in particular obviously), that it's balanced it out very well. DeVito has been the only guy up front who's been on his game against the run this year from day 1 (BT as well, but that doesn't matter anymore). It gets lost because of how bad the unit's been as a whole, but he's been manhandling some of the better guards in the league all year. Mankins in particular took quite the a$$ kicking from him.

IDK

I think the kid is playing very well. Much better then I thought he would as a rookie.

As Rutgers said he hasn't made to many real impact plays, but he has been more then holding his own in replacing Ellis.

Most of the running gains have been to the other side, and IMO it is more on the LB (Westerman) not holding the edge. Jets need an OLB an the right side of the line badly. Thomas is done for the season, and is an UFA next season. Doubt he's back unless he plays cheap, or they can't find a player in the draft or FA.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen from him this year. He will learn more technique as the season goes on, and in the offseason.

Kids going to be an excellent player.

I agree with what RJF said for the most part. He's been good not great, but he seems like a worthy member of the rotation already, even if some of our failures against the run may be attributed to him. I disagree with people blaming Westerman because he didn't see the field in the games they were really bad against the run except the reverse against Oakland and that was turned inside, so I blame Scott more

Archived