This feels like 2008

Jetsfan80

When Miami knocked us out of playoff contention in Week 17. I bet all the dominoes fall our way (Titans, Bengals, Raiders/Broncos all lose) and we fall to the Dolphins anyways, ending our season.

Then, we enter the offseason by cleaning out the coaching staff (except for Rex and the defensive guys), while Miami thinks they're all set with their QB of the future.

we needed jax to beat baltimore or for the bills to beat the pats to have a chance- if we beat miami. neither of those happened so we didn't control our destiny. we weren't making the playoffs, even if we won. however, i feel this year that if the oakland/denver, tennessee, cinci games go our way that we will capitalize and make the playoffs (slim chance they do). but of course by making the playoffs, shotty sticks around and we will have the same conversation we're having now abut a year from now.

Yes it feels EXACTLY the same to me too 8-0. Guess what,I'm going to do what I did THAT day when I KNEW we were going to lose: I left the house right before halftime. This week I'm not even going to watch that game because I KNOW in my heart that we have NO CHANCE of winning. The Jets don't "want it". They are already in off-season mode and planning their vacations. I'm not putting myself through it one more time this season-I'm going to find something else to do-my guitar player has a beautiful new boat, maybe we'll take our guitars and find a sandbar in the middle of the intra-coastal waterway and do some jamming

When Miami knocked us out of playoff contention in Week 17. I bet all the dominoes fall our way (Titans, Bengals, Raiders/Broncos all lose) and we fall to the Dolphins anyways, ending our season.

Then, we enter the offseason by cleaning out the coaching staff (except for Rex and the defensive guys), while Miami thinks they're all set with their QB of the future.

Sorry, 80, but you have crappy memory.

In 2008 the Ravens won a blowout in week 17 to eliminate the Jets. Then Favre threw the game away against the Fins and the Fins won. In other words, even in the Jets won that game the Jets still would have missed the playoffs.

Archived