The Good News....

SoFlaJets

So to say it's only possible in Madden is completely false it is very possible if you cut Sanchez, and swap Plax for Wayne.

Actually its the opposite of this. It is impossible. I'm thinking the cap hit associated with cutting Sanchez followed by picking up Peyton's 20mil/year makes it impossible. Jason can confirm

the goood news is the jets didn't miss out on a playoff berth because the texans went for 2 down 1 point just to practice a 2 pt conversion

Imagine the S---storm around here if the Jets won and didnt make the playoffs because of that...lol

Not getting Manning and keeping your 1st round pick.

Pay attention the only way Manning is not a Colt is if he is released, they owe him all his money prior to the new league and are not trading him after paying him over 30 more million. It's entirely possible.

Pay attention the only way Manning is not a Colt is if he is released, they owe him all his money prior to the new league and are not trading him after paying him over 30 more million. It's entirely possible.

Pay attention- if Manning gets released Indy fans will burn down the stadium.

Actually its the opposite of this. It is impossible. I'm thinking the cap hit associated with cutting Sanchez followed by picking up Peyton's 20mil/year makes it impossible. Jason can confirm

Actually Jason wrote a article on what it would cost to get Peyton it's on his sight, it's exactly what I said, you have to release Mark, and Peyton would fit in the cap no problem. The reason being he has to be cut and then his old contract with the Colts is null and you sign him to the same money Sanchez made this year 18 million.

Directly from Jasons site

Sanchez, Mark QB $8,500,000 $2,503,125 $2,750,000 $500,000 $14,253,125 $5,006,250 $9,246,875

The last number is what the Jets would save in cap space if Sanchez is cut the number before it is the dead money. Save 9 million give it to Peyton, and eat 5 million.

Pay attention- if Manning gets released Indy fans will burn down the stadium.

There is only 3 options for the Colts

1. Trade the #1 pick

2. Draft Luck and keep Peyton paying Peyton a 30+ million signing bonus due 3 days prior to the new year, so you CAN'T trade him without paying his whole salary anyway not finically feasible. Also Archie already said this wouldn't really work.

3. Draft Luck cut Peyton and his 36 year old fused neck who is owed over 30+ million if you don't.

Kerley and Wilkerson are players. Ellis actually played pretty well today. Wilson is a good nickle corner. We got some good young pieces growing around our core.

Really feel like the team is a revamped offense from being consistent contenders.

I actually like Kerley over all our WR's when you consider Burress age and Holmes baggage. Wilson however has not shown anything besides the SD game. He got raped again today.

I actually like Kerley over all our WR's when you consider Burress age and Holmes baggage. Wilson however has not shown anything besides the SD game. He got raped again today.

Covering the slot is hard in this defense. Teams dont test Revis often, Cro is a lock down corner as well and Wilson has to cover the middle of the field by himself most of the time. I think he's a good improving player who had a bad game this week and was the victim of a big play by Cruz.

I think the Jets have to stop trying to make headlines and start trying to make good football decisions. It's chasing the back pages that caused the team to end up like this.

The Assomougha idiocy probably cost them shots at who knows how many productive FAs. Tannebaum proved he cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. And it was the same dumb nonsense with the pointless Revis holdout. He cna only do one thing at a time.

Covering the slot is hard in this defense. Teams dont test Revis often, Cro is a lock down corner as well and Wilson has to cover the middle of the field by himself most of the time. I think he's a good improving player who had a bad game this week and was the victim of a big play by Cruz.

Sounds like what some say about the QB.

Sanchez WILL be our STARTING QB next season. To much invested in him to throw in the towel, but we should keep it close. Bring in a new OC, rebuild the OL and add a dominant WR (V. Jac, Alshon J, etc) and design this offense the way Rex wanted it designed, a vertical passing team with a bruising running game that can eat up the clock. That coupled with a dominant defense and solid special teams and we'll be a consistent playoff team!!

Peyton Manning is at the very best, a question mark. He's had more than one NECK SURGERY this offseason and he's old. No one knows if he will ever be anything like he was before. He has also been on the bench for an entire year. Throw on top that we are the Jets.

I would hate to see the Jets scrambling for the big name in this regard.

It's a joke that anyone is fantasizing about this as the answer. It's not the answer. It's a Brett Favre style splash that will most likely not work out for us. Come on! \

Archived