Could Flynn be the answer?

DougKnoth

This and a new OC could be the shot in the arm we need....

Matt Flynn just made himself a ton of money with a standout performance including a Green Bay Packers’ record 6 touchdown and 480 yards passing. Flynn was drafted in the 7th round of the 2008 NFL Draft and is now a free agent moving into 2012. Unlikely to stay with the Packers as no one will be replacing Aaron Rodgers anytime soon here are five teams that should turn to Flynn to find success in 2012.

1. New York Jets

Rex Ryan may have backed starting quarterback Mark Sanchez before losing to the Miami Dolphins, but now the season has come to an end and it’s likely the Jets could be searching for a new starting quarterback. What Sanchez lacks, Flynn has. In the two games he started he moved the Packers offense up and down the field against the New England Patriots and Detroit Lions. Sanchez has struggled moving the Jets anywhere. After the game and after losing three straight to finish 8-8 and fall short from Ryan’s Super Bowl pledge, news has surfaced the Jets will revamp the offensive coaching staff. The first thing a new coach will say? If you plan on getting to the Super Bowl you need a quarterback who can move you down the field.

Great Article

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/5-teams-turn-packers-matt-flynn-2012

Unlike Cassel and Kolb who put up decent stats, you can see with your eyes how sound Flynn is. His torque and accuracy on majority of his passes are explosive. This guy showed he could play when subbing in against the Pats before this year. Sure the system he's in does favor him alot but that has nothing to do with his accuracy and the zip he puts into his throws. They'd make a big mistake in not going after this guy, who appears to be the real deal and can be had without giving up players or draft picks.

This and a new OC could be the shot in the arm we need....

Matt Flynn just made himself a ton of money with a standout performance including a Green Bay Packers’ record 6 touchdown and 480 yards passing. Flynn was drafted in the 7th round of the 2008 NFL Draft and is now a free agent moving into 2012. Unlikely to stay with the Packers as no one will be replacing Aaron Rodgers anytime soon here are five teams that should turn to Flynn to find success in 2012.

1. New York Jets

Rex Ryan may have backed starting quarterback Mark Sanchez before losing to the Miami Dolphins, but now the season has come to an end and it’s likely the Jets could be searching for a new starting quarterback. What Sanchez lacks, Flynn has. In the two games he started he moved the Packers offense up and down the field against the New England Patriots and Detroit Lions. Sanchez has struggled moving the Jets anywhere. After the game and after losing three straight to finish 8-8 and fall short from Ryan’s Super Bowl pledge, news has surfaced the Jets will revamp the offensive coaching staff. The first thing a new coach will say? If you plan on getting to the Super Bowl you need a quarterback who can move you down the field.

Great Article

http://thepenaltyfla...matt-flynn-2012

It just goes to show you that a team with that much talent and a well designed offense can go a long way. Not to take anything away from Flynn or Rodgers but talent does help a ton

Unlike Cassel and Kolb who put up decent stats, you can see with your eyes how sound Flynn is. His torque and accuracy on majority of his passes are explosive. This guy showed he could play when subbing in against the Pats before this year. Sure the system he's in does favor him alot but that has nothing to do with his accuracy and the zip he puts into his throws. They'd make a big mistake in not going after this guy, who appears to be the real deal and can be had without giving up players or draft picks.

So you're saying the year Brady went down that Cassel wasn't impressing? You either didn't watch or are kidding yourself.

I'll admit to being somewhat a prisoner of the moment but I've though highly of Flynn before this year and those numbers will never be matched by a "backup" quarterback. Cassel's production was impressive but as for superstar growth/potential and physical tools I personally didn't see it like I do with Flynn. Only time will tell, the only thing I know is unless Sanchez gets hit hard on the head and wakes up a man/leader/nfl quarterback, we're ****** for next year no matter who we put around him.

It just goes to show you that a team with that much talent and a well designed offense can go a long way. Not to take anything away from Flynn or Rodgers but talent does help a ton

It goes to show you what a week of prepping for Rodgers and getting Flynn could do

I'll admit to being somewhat a prisoner of the moment but I've though highly of Flynn before this year and those numbers will never be matched by a "backup" quarterback. Cassel's production was impressive but as for superstar growth/potential and physical tools I personally didn't see it like I do with Flynn. Only time will tell, the only thing I know is unless Sanchez gets hit hard on the head and wakes up a man/leader/nfl quarterback, we're ****** for next year no matter who we put around him.

Hindsight is 20/20. Cassel turned out to be a product of a great team, proven by his good but not amazing production. Flynn, its still up in the air. Doubt he will be what you seem to think of him.

compare Brady's 2007 with cassels 2008.. They went from a historic offense fueling a 16-0 season to missing the playoffs against an epically weak schedule ... Cassel performed there like he did in kc last year

It goes to show you what a week of prepping for Rodgers and getting Flynn could do

Not to mention Detroit's pass defense is garbage.

Hindsight is 20/20. Cassel turned out to be a product of a great team, proven by his good but not amazing production. Flynn, its still up in the air. Doubt he will be what you seem to think of him.

Just to add to the Cassel thing, the only reason he was good last year was cause of Weis being the OC. His #'s came crashing down this year when he left and things went sour last year in the playoffs when they faced the Ravens. Cassel, just like Kolb, look like products of the system they were in. Giving Flynn big money based off of not even a years worth of games is ridiculous and we are the NY Jets, not the Washington Redskins. Were not shelling out big money for Flynn whether we like it or not.

Archived