Santonio, Plax, Braylon together? and some quick fixes for the offense

bkjetfan

quite a possibility and yes it does seem scary. we should never have let braylon go cause he, mark and holmes had great chemistry together but he was asking for too much but now you could get him for cheap since he was let go by the niners. easiest place to throw the ball is in the middle of the field which you can have dustin and santonio in the slot ... plax still got some pep in his step but doesnt know how to be used, but imagine santonio in the slot with dustin, working against safety's and linebackers... with plax and braylon working the outs. you can't double the outs if you have those 2 guys there. if i were a defensive coordinator, this would be a nightmare cause i really wouldnt know how to double because santonio will eat up any linebacker/safety.

or you can really open it up going 4 wide, have kerley (guys a baller) and santonio work the middle which they are GOING to get open.

just fix the o-line a bit, slauson needs to get better and i think we get rid of hunter, he's tall and cant adjust to smaller pass rushers that go right by him.

keep LT for leadership and run it with shonn

spread offenses can improve pass blocking due to the fact that most teams won't blitz which takes some pressure off the o-line so just think of it from that perspective

Quote from NYTIMES article: "Plaxico Burress emerged as a dangerous red-zone threat at 34 after missing two seasons, but he could not stretch the field, as the Jets hoped he could, and he is unlikely to return."

Link:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/sports/football/jets-sanchez-has-much-to-do-in-off-season.html?hpw

Signing Plax as a replacement for Braylon was a HUGE mistake. And means no playoffs for this season!

Quote from NYTIMES article: "Plaxico Burress emerged as a dangerous red-zone threat at 34 after missing two seasons, but he could not stretch the field, as the Jets hoped he could, and he is unlikely to return."

Link:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/04/sports/football/jets-sanchez-has-much-to-do-in-off-season.html?hpw

Signing Plax as a replacement for Braylon was a HUGE mistake. And means no playoffs for this season!

Sanchez accuracy sucks balls. So getting him a 50 foot redzone target was the reason for Plax. As long as Sanchez is the QB it does not matter who the recievers are.

Rather have Kerley in the slot. Otherwise I'm good with Holmes, Bray, and Kerley.

I'd really rather not have Holmes, but they screwed the pooch with his contract. He must be back.

I wonder if he has a conduct clause in his contract? Maybe we can send SJ down to see if he wants to burn one

Sanchez accuracy sucks balls. So getting him a 50 foot redzone target was the reason for Plax. As long as Sanchez is the QB it does not matter who the recievers are.

But he did seemed to connect with Braylon a lot last season on those long plays.

This season we just did not have the speed from our WR corps to stretch the field.

I think they can probably get Bray cheap. Here's the problem.

Plax can't be here. They both have a lot of loyalty to the #17. I don't think Bray will come back here, if anyone else offers him a job, if he's not wearing 17.

If no one else offers him a job it doesn't matter, but i think some one will give him at least vets min

Archived