Braylon Edwards?

sh4dy15

I know some people are going to hate this thread and thats understandable but do you guys think there is even a POSSIBILITY we bring him back? I know he had that knee injury but I dont think that was why he was cut by 49ers. Just wanted to see if anyone thinks there is any chance at all of bringing him back.

I dont know. What kind of deal do you think it would take? I dont think we would sign him to a long term deal after his injury plagued season and other troubles.

So if we sign him to a 1 year deal does that really help us?

What happens if holmes continues to be unhappy and act up next year, and we eventually decide to get rid of him? With Braylon on a 1 year deal and if holmes is still an issue the we would be starting all over at the WR position.

I think Id prefer more of a long term solution. Bring in some talent via the draft.

I dont know. What kind of deal do you think it would take? I dont think we would sign him to a long term deal after his injury plagued season and other troubles.

So if we sign him to a 1 year deal does that really help us?

What happens if holmes continues to be unhappy and act up next year, and we eventually decide to get rid of him? With Braylon on a 1 year deal and if holmes is still an issue the we would be starting all over at the WR position.

I think Id prefer more of a long term solution. Bring in some talent via the draft.

Yeah but it depends, if its an incentive based deal you might get a lot out of him and there probably wont be many takers. This could give us an advantage and I do think they should STILL go after a deep threat WR anyway in the draft.

Pass Rusher, OL, Safety, WR

I imagine a one year deal to re-establish his value makes sense for all parties. Say what you want about Sanchez, but he is a kid that had a history of being a good deep ball passer, and that major weapon of our offense disappeared this year. If Braylon didn't feel too burned by the way we unceremoniously dumped him last year, Id think there may be mutual interest here...

I imagine a one year deal to re-establish his value makes sense for all parties. Say what you want about Sanchez, but he is a kid that had a history of being a good deep ball passer, and that major weapon of our offense disappeared this year. If Braylon didn't feel too burned by the way we unceremoniously dumped him last year, Id think there may be mutual interest here...

I think so too, I just wonder how our FO feels about him. I think that would be one of the quickest and easiest fixes the Jets could do.

If the Jets are interested, and I don’t know why they wouldn’t be, he will be real cheap. He played last season for the 49’s for close to vets min. Got hurt in an early game, and never really came back.

I don’t think the injury is all that concerning for his future. The 9’ers didn’t IR him. They hoped he would recover during the season. He didn’t. Not a doctor, but that indicates to me that at the worst he might need a scope. At best, rest

If the Jets want him back they can get him. Would have to let Plax walk though, he has Bray’s #.

I’d do it. If for some reason the knee isn’t healed, release him in camp. High reward, low risk.

He will never come back on the cheap. He was in the same boat as Holmes as an UFA and was, arguably, Holmes' peer during his tenure with the Jets. After the team backed up the Brinks truck for Holmes, Edwards will play anywhere else except for the Jets for the minimum.

I know some people are going to hate this thread and thats understandable but do you guys think there is even a POSSIBILITY we bring him back? I know he had that knee injury but I dont think that was why he was cut by 49ers. Just wanted to see if anyone thinks there is any chance at all of bringing him back.

I have no problem bringing back Braylon Edwards, the Jets have to prioritize a deep threat at #2 WR this offseason. That being said whoever they acquire whether via FA, or Draft it has to be with the idea that it's a LONG TERM solution, the Jets need Sanchez to be able to have continuity with his WR's to give him the best chance to succeed. So if it's Braylon, the deal has to be LONGTERM, and I would imagine it would have to be a very complicated contract based on incentives, team opt out clauses and such. That being said, with the idea of continuity at WR, he might not be the best option on that premise, but might be the best financial option. Either way they need to draft a deep threat on top of a FA if they go that route.

I'd bring him back for a 3 year 4 million dollar contract.

Man, I really wanted to keep him last year. but since then, I found out something about him. He has a "problem" from what I understand. So, not sure now.

Of course he has a problem. He drinks to much, and acts like a fool when he does.

Him and about 80% of the NFL

Archived