ok, the Lee Evans play NEVER even got reviewed?????

Matt39

, Uh, no. You have to maintain possession for at least a short time. Otherwise it would be a debacle on every incompletion in the end zone.He dropped the ball. If he didn't drop it the Pats probably wouldv'e lost.

It was close, in slow motion he has 2 feet down then ball is knocked out, Lee evans should be shot though, shouldnt have been close

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even Skippy Baseless the biggest pats and brady lover there is, admits the evans play was a catch..

If you're citing Skip Bayless as an authoirty, well, why didn't you say so? Speaking of the world wide leader, you can always find a clown or 15 in Bristol, Connecticut.

I hadn't watched any pregame shows until yesterday. Not out of any great plan, simply I'm busy with either family stuff, exercising or sleeping before msot games if I'm not going in the first place.

I am at a loss why anyone bothers. As to all these shows.you get a better level of discourse and substance right here. Though some guys on some of the pregame shows-Marshall Faulk, Steve Maruicci, Trent Green and shockingly Eric Mangini- have a clue.

6 inches over goalline ball is in possession and ball comes out 5 yds later, impossible not to have 2 feet down, doesnt need to make a football move in endzone

Your depth perception is awesome.

Just watched 1st take evans was lead story, at end of segment everyone said that if it was ruled a TD, it would not have been reversed. Seems to me that pats get every freakin call go their way. They also showed in super slow motion,

if that was wes welker with that play you KNOW it's ruled a TD

6 inches over goalline ball is in possession and ball comes out 5 yds later, impossible not to have 2 feet down, doesnt need to make a football move in endzone

He doesnt need to make a football move, just need 2 feet down with possession which he clearly didnt have. The ball isnt in his hands until right foot is down and ball is knocked outn he goes to put down the left.

He doesnt need to make a football move, just need 2 feet down with possession which he clearly didnt have. The ball isnt in his hands until right foot is down and ball is knocked outn he goes to put down the left.

every analyst said it was so close, if it was ruled a TD would have remained as a TD, they did super slo motion. There was no reason that NFL head official didnt at least get a chance to review it. And Skippy Baseless blows patriots daily and he said Balt got jobbed.

Look at tape in pg and frreze it at 27 seconds, ball is his possession, right foot is 6 inches over goalline, fumble is 5 yds laterigh

Go to the 28 second mark.

It is not 5 yards. It is not even five steps. He never even controlled the ball. Go look at Calvin's non-TD who had a lot more control and did not score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxx0PLn9aLI

runners just have to have possession and cross the plane

receivers have to maintain full possession throughout the play --- Evans didn't

Incomplete

Actually U be wrong, 2 feet in endzone, and possesion...... thru play only involved unless u fall to ground. If this was ruled a TD it would not have been overturned, too close

Archived