ok, the Lee Evans play NEVER even got reviewed?????

Matt39

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From your avy it sounds like an inside joke. Whats that about?

I pretend to be a racist, pac calls me archie bunker.. i rolled with it

if your talking about the title, the ape, in his most astute post ever, called hess a snide little prick

have to maintain through which means after the foot is down you saw this with the lions last year what makes this different ?

Actually he didnt fall to ground, it was very close and should have been reviewed, the call would never go against pats the nfl cash cow anyway

Actually greg jennings had one very similar and it was called a TD, just have to break plane and have 2 feet down, very close

Actually greg jennings had one very similar and it was called a TD, just have to break plane and have 2 feet down, very close

Yeah, but Jennings got both feet down and THEN ball was knocked out. Here, ball was knocked out as Evans was putting down 2nd foot. Clearly not a catch.

Yeah, but Jennings got both feet down and THEN ball was knocked out. Here, ball was knocked out as Evans was putting down 2nd foot. Clearly not a catch.

also the ball hit evans in the numbers, i'm pretty sure both feet were on ground when he caught it

It deserved an effen review

it was reviewed

Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Lee Evans caught Joe Flacco's pass in the end zone and dropped it with 22 seconds remaining and the Ravens down 23-20. There were a number of Ravens fans and scribes who wondered why it wasn't reviewed.

Michael Signora, NFL vice president of football communications, offered the following explanation by way of Marc Sessler of NFL.com:

"The ruling on the field of an incomplete pass was confirmed by the Instant Replay assistant, correctly, and as a result, there was no need to stop the game," Signora wrote. "... The receiver did not get his second foot down in the end zone with possession, and as a result, it was an incomplete pass."

Case closed.

also the ball hit evans in the numbers, i'm pretty sure both feet were on ground when he caught it

No, both feet werent down. The video is posted in the first post of thread. See for yourself. It clearly wasnt a catch.

it was reviewed

Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Lee Evans caught Joe Flacco's pass in the end zone and dropped it with 22 seconds remaining and the Ravens down 23-20. There were a number of Ravens fans and scribes who wondered why it wasn't reviewed.

Michael Signora, NFL vice president of football communications, offered the following explanation by way of Marc Sessler of NFL.com:

"The ruling on the field of an incomplete pass was confirmed by the Instant Replay assistant, correctly, and as a result, there was no need to stop the game," Signora wrote. "... The receiver did not get his second foot down in the end zone with possession, and as a result, it was an incomplete pass."

Case closed.

the more i look at it the more it looks like a catch,

U need to look again, when he first caught ball he was 6 inches over goaliine, ball came out 3 yds later or so

stop it at 27 seconds and tell ne 1 foot wasnt down then

the more i look at it the more it looks like a catch,

Then I dont know what youre looking at. The ball is only in his grasp when his right foot hits ground and right as he is going to hit with his left foot the ball is knocked out. Thats exactly what the video shows. He doesnt have the ball the first time his left foot hits the end zone.

Ball was in his grasp his 1 foot was 6 inches from goalline, ball came out about 4-5 yds later

No, it wasnt. What are you looking at? The ball hits him when he is in the endzone. He puts the right foot down and the ball is knocked out when he puts down the left. The throw was completely to the endzone, not short of it.

No, it wasnt. What are you looking at? The ball hits him when he is in the endzone. He puts the right foot down and the ball is knocked out when he puts down the left. The throw was completely to the endzone, not short of it.

6 inches over goalline ball is in possession and ball comes out 5 yds later, impossible not to have 2 feet down, doesnt need to make a football move in endzone

6 inches over goalline ball is in possession and ball comes out 5 yds later, impossible not to have 2 feet down, doesnt need to make a football move in endzone

, Uh, no. You have to maintain possession for at least a short time. Otherwise it would be a debacle on every incompletion in the end zone.He dropped the ball. If he didn't drop it the Pats probably wouldv'e lost.

Archived