Star Wars Mafia #2 - Game Thread

Bleedin Green

unvote

I think we can leave Lily alone for now. Don't think they need to verify each other now either. There are only two other possible mason groups afaic. Han and Chewy, or Lando and the frog guy. If chewy and Lando or Han and Lando die, we'll know she's lying. She could be killed as well, and with two scum teams, and a SK beast, its probably likely.

back to my 1st choice

vote:Smash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily's claim is worthless without a person verifying her story right now.

Scenarios:

If she's scum, she ties her fate to another scummate by revealing the partner and that's two for one for us if either of them die in the future.

Assuming Lily is town:

Lily and her mason partner need to verify each other. Assuming there's one other partner, Lily and her partner would verify each other and we would avoid lynching Vic, Lily, and her partner this day, narrowing the field.

One mason has already claimed. That means all mason partners need to back them up to have any value. If Lily dies before revealing her partner and is town, then her mason partner has absolutely 0% chance to prove his/her claim on a future day. Not only that, mafia can fake claim being Lily's partner on a later day and we'd have a 50-50 decision, not being able to tell who is telling the truth. This would be all avoided if they verify each other right now.

Take it from mafia's perspective as well. Pretty much mostly everyone voting Lily today can be ruled out as a mason partner for them since who would vote their teammate in a close lynch? Not to mention if Mafia members are voting someone other than Lily, they can cross out more possible mason partner suspects to shoot from. The town is just the one most left in the dark here if Lily and her partner does not step forward.

Really, to maximize usage of a mason team, they need to claim all at once or not at all. Anything less than that is just anti-town.

I actually agree with this completely. Lily's mason partner needs to verify.

unvote

I think we can leave Lily alone for now. Don't think they need to verify each other now either. There are only two other possible mason groups afaic. Han and Chewy, or Lando and the frog guy. If chewy and Lando or Han and Lando die, we'll know she's lying. She could be killed as well, and with two scum teams, and a SK beast, its probably likely.

back to my 1st choice

Finding out later on whether or not to trust Lily is not the point. The point is as it stands, mafia has a clear informational advantage on who Lily's partner is. The only people left most in the dark is the town. I don't see how you don't see the merit in her claiming with a partner right now. If she's scum she names scum FOR us. If she's town, she is semi-clear as is her partner. Mafia can't coordinate all the kills since there's likely two different teams plus whoever the third shooter is at night. They can't all shoot the 3 clears, especially since we most likely still have protective roles out tehre.

Finding out later on whether or not to trust Lily is not the point. The point is as it stands, mafia has a clear informational advantage on who Lily's partner is. The only people left most in the dark is the town. I don't see how you don't see the merit in her claiming with a partner right now. If she's scum she names scum FOR us. If she's town, she is semi-clear as is her partner. Mafia can't coordinate all the kills since there's likely two different teams plus whoever the third shooter is at night. They can't all shoot the 3 clears, especially since we most likely still have protective roles out tehre.

Alright, I'm down.

Lily's claim is worthless without a person verifying her story right now.

Scenarios:

If she's scum, she ties her fate to another scummate by revealing the partner and that's two for one for us if either of them die in the future.

Assuming Lily is town:

Lily and her mason partner need to verify each other. Assuming there's one other partner, Lily and her partner would verify each other and we would avoid lynching Vic, Lily, and her partner this day, narrowing the field.

One mason has already claimed. That means all mason partners need to back them up to have any value. If Lily dies before revealing her partner and is town, then her mason partner has absolutely 0% chance to prove his/her claim on a future day. Not only that, mafia can fake claim being Lily's partner on a later day and we'd have a 50-50 decision, not being able to tell who is telling the truth. This would be all avoided if they verify each other right now.

Take it from mafia's perspective as well. Pretty much mostly everyone voting Lily today can be ruled out as a mason partner for them since who would vote their teammate in a close lynch? Not to mention if Mafia members are voting someone other than Lily, they can cross out more possible mason partner suspects to shoot from. The town is just the one most left in the dark here if Lily and her partner does not step forward.

Really, to maximize usage of a mason team, they need to claim all at once or not at all. Anything less than that is just anti-town.

Agree with this.

Ok unvote Lily btw.

Vote Sharrow.

Pending what we hear from Dan I'll move there, I'd rather vote her -- just don't want to risk a ninja.

Since when?

unvote

back to my 1st choice

This post is weird to me.

So Lily needs to identify her partner and/or her partner needs to step up...

We also want Pac's partner to step forward as well.

Oh, and BTW...can we get Dan reveal while were here?

This checks with me...let's here it.

What's the argument for having Pac's partner step forward? I see the arguments for Lily to do so but not Pac's partner at this time.

I'm roleless. Before anyone hammers me though, at least give time to get reactions from people who haven't weighed in on the reveals.

Stop it Hess!!! You are making me not trust you.

Han Solo/Chewy and R2D2/3CPO - makes perfect sense.

F U JIF and one are probably sisters. I ******* doubt two mason teams. I said I believe Lily is town. I'm sure scum already thought about it and will test it tonight knowing our watcher is dead. I'm sure there is some twist to it as well.

Anyway if I'm not long for this earth, here's the mostly useless stuff I got from my read-through on Saturday ... probably the most helpful thing is just the links to the death scenes. Otherwise not worth your time, lol.

I wasn't able to see much from it because I didn't get around to tracking all the votes. A lot of townies were voting 80 at the time of their deaths, however they each died in different ways (modkill, poison dart, blaster fire, lynch) so I don't think that actually means much. It may make more sense as the game goes on. Or not.

D1 deaths

• Smash, CTM, Nae, Leelou, Crusher, Vic, JiF, 80, Brett, JVOR, AVM at time of death
  • voting 80 at time of death

N1 deaths

• no votes on her at end of D1
  • voting Nolder at end of D1

• no votes on him at end of D1
  • voting 80 at end of D1

D2 deaths

• no votes on him at time of death

• Dan, JVOR, AVM, 80, Lily, Brett, Klecko, DPR, Smash, Theguy, Hess, SMC

N2 deaths

• no votes on him at end of D2
  • not voting at end of D2

• voting SMC at end of D2

• voting Smash at end of D2

D3 deaths

• Migisi voting him at time of death
  • voting DPR at time of death

What's the argument for having Pac's partner step forward? I see the arguments for Lily to do so but not Pac's partner at this time.

I'm roleless. Before anyone hammers me though, at least give time to get reactions from people who haven't weighed in on the reveals.

I read JVoR last line as all...and I included Pac's partner in that reveal...your probably right...unnecessary at this time.

Really dont want to come off Sakaea for that tell. Its one of my favorites in the game. But I'm definitely willing to lynch Dan X as she's second on my list.

I'm going to switch votes. Yes, its a momentum vote, yes its opportunistic but the game is slowing down, Sakaea isnt catching steam which I'm a little upset about because its a freakin obvious tell but I'll switch to get Dan to talking some more...plus, I've been screaming Dan for a minute now so it would foolish to not switch over when the train is building.

Unvote Sakaea

Vote Dan X

I've been feeling mostly okay about you but this may be some over-explanation. Always hard to read you though.

F U JIF and one are probably sisters. I ******* doubt two mason teams. I said I believe Lily is town. I'm sure scum already thought about it and will test it tonight knowing our watcher is dead. I'm sure there is some twist to it as well.

This is the second time you've made it a point to be emphatic about this. but we're almost certainly facing two mafia teams. Why do you doubt this so much?

Has DPR been on today? I'm reading fast so I don't know if I missed it.

I've checked in a time or two.

I don't really like you're vanilla-bland summary. Trying to appear helpful by casing, but not pointing out anything inflammatory is a perfect place for scum to hide. Especially in light of the fact that you've subtly pushed your list of suspicions for the last couple of days.

I can easily see you trying to act casual so that the lynch passes you right by...

I can see the last 2 bounty hunters, if there are 2 left, making a dramatic play to make it to end game un-tested, or they have a win condition that can be achieved sooner than end game. Hess and I were never tested until it was a threat of conversion...

I'll wait patiently to see who it is.

I've checked in a time or two.

I don't really like you're vanilla-bland summary. Trying to appear helpful by casing, but not pointing out anything inflammatory is a perfect place for scum to hide. Especially in light of the fact that you've subtly pushed your list of suspicions for the last couple of days.

I can easily see you trying to act casual so that the lynch passes you right by...

Lol maybe next time I'll write up a list of the remaining players in the game and label half of them "no read", ala you and Lily.

Last, given our position, i think that Lily having her partner reveal can only help the town. If someone steps up, then we clear them for now - but we always have them ready for a lynch if it comes down it.

The bottom line being, with no more Cop to verify claims, info is all we have, so lets get on with it. I'm also fine with Pac's partner revealing.

Not for nothing, a mass reveal would nail everybody down, and with 1 lynch and 3 kills per night, we'd get to test claims and make tie-ins with distancing remarks and votes.

Lol maybe next time I'll write up a list of the remaining players in the game and label half of them "no read", ala you and Lily.

It is you! I was beginning to think someone had hacked your account *snickers*

I just find it odd that you would quietly push people, but at L-2 you shrug and say you got nothin'. Just seems scummy to me.

I can see the last 2 bounty hunters, if there are 2 left, making a dramatic play to make it to end game un-tested, or they have a win condition that can be achieved sooner than end game. Hess and I were never tested until it was a threat of conversion...

I don't know whether to think you're giving me too much credit or not enough. That would be a pretty stupid thing to do, but it's not something I would have thought of, to be honest. How about you look somewhere besides at me for five minutes, Brett?

Tell you what - this is how I see today so roar:

I vote Dan

Dan FOS's me

I make a remark about Jetscode throwing Dan a softball.

Jetscode launches an attack at me, but pulls it back pretty fast.

The Dan train grows - but so does the Lily train.

Dan stays gone for most of it.

When she reaches L2, she reveals as roleless town. But no one unvotes.

Hess pops in as "highly suspicious" of Lily's reveal - a nice tactic to try and swing the train over to Lily.

Right now, I can see a Dan / Jetscode / Hess / and Smash team working very smoothly together.

Last, given our position, i think that Lily having her partner reveal can only help the town. If someone steps up, then we clear them for now - but we always have them ready for a lynch if it comes down it.

The bottom line being, with no more Cop to verify claims, info is all we have, so lets get on with it. I'm also fine with Pac's partner revealing.

Not for nothing, a mass reveal would nail everybody down, and with 1 lynch and 3 kills per night, we'd get to test claims and make tie-ins with distancing remarks and votes.

Nope.

It is you! I was beginning to think someone had hacked your account *snickers*

I just find it odd that you would quietly push people, but at L-2 you shrug and say you got nothin'. Just seems scummy to me.

Haha. I'm just waiting for scum to slip in the final votes to save Lily the awkwardness of this reveal.

Living player list:

1. StraightCash

2. Vic

3. Sharrow

4. Hess

5. JiF

6. Klecko

7. AVM

8. 80

9. Migisi

10. Song / Theguy

11. JC

12. JVOR

13. Sakaea

14. Lily

15. Smash

16. Nae

* It's worth noting that Ape, CTM, SMC and Crush were all killed. I need to go back and see who dies by lightning to see who the Empire is afraid of...

Nope.

Haha. I'm just waiting for scum to slip in the final votes to save Lily the awkwardness of this reveal.

Doesn't make sense - we've already got her on record. She's busted no matter what.

This is the second time you've made it a point to be emphatic about this. but we're almost certainly facing two mafia teams. Why do you doubt this so much?

what's creepy is this notion with you and JiF that is must be automatic. The reveal sounds like sh*t given some players are roleless and I've never seen two mason teams both town. I get that it works into the game however we didn't have two masons teams last star wars. But then I think who would pick that for a fake reveal, so maybe it's the truth or a variation of it. But now I'm thinking well ****, evendently that's a great fake reveal.

Anyway if I'm not long for this earth, here's the mostly useless stuff I got from my read-through on Saturday ... probably the most helpful thing is just the links to the death scenes. Otherwise not worth your time, lol.

I wasn't able to see much from it because I didn't get around to tracking all the votes. A lot of townies were voting 80 at the time of their deaths, however they each died in different ways (modkill, poison dart, blaster fire, lynch) so I don't think that actually means much. It may make more sense as the game goes on. Or not.

D1 deaths

• Smash, CTM, Nae, Leelou, Crusher, Vic, JiF, 80, Brett, JVOR, AVM at time of death

N1 deaths

• no votes on her at end of D1
  • voting Nolder at end of D1

• no votes on him at end of D1
  • voting 80 at end of D1

D2 deaths

• no votes on him at time of death

• Dan, JVOR, AVM, 80, Lily, Brett, Klecko, DPR, Smash, Theguy, Hess, SMC

N2 deaths

• not voting at end of D2

• voting SMC at end of D2

• voting Smash at end of D2

D3 deaths

• Migisi voting him at time of death
  • voting DPR at time of death

Is anyone keeping notes on who died by lightning?

Glad to see you're reading the posts of the person you're voting.

Archived