A mock you'll never see happen.

SenorGato

I'm going to incorporate some of the rumored comp picks from here:

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/02/03/2012-compensatory-pick-projections/

FAs:

Mario Williams - I know this kills the whole thing, stfu. Sit back and enjoy. I'll say something like "the Jets don't land Manning, who goes for the green pastures of desert Arizona. Instead, they sign the OTHER best FA on the market who happens to be 10 years younger." Almost Reggie White-esque, except it's not.

Bear Pascoe - Original 5th to Giants. Monster blocker as a TE. In a few years (say a year or two after it's not true anymore) might be known as the best blocking TE in the game.

Josh Johnson QB - Yes, I also get that this is a hacky way to scare Sanchez. Who should I sign, Jason Campbell?

Draft:

1: Mark Barron FS Alabama - Still the best safety in the draft, by far. Looks like a guy who can be an anchor in the secondary, and has done it at an elite level in college. With those two TEs in NE upgrading the safety position in size, speed, and quality is a must. Barron is quality.

2: Lamarr Miller RB Miami - So everyone wants WRs for our Groundz and Poundz offense that stars Shonn Greene as the RB...POR QUUUUUUUUE?

3: Markus Zusevics RT - Iowa RT has the measurables and the tools that Sporano can mold into a stud.

4: Jarius Wright WR Arkansas - What he does not have in height he has in speed. Runs strong routes and can go deep. Extremely productive player who got outshone by his teammate Joe Adams at the Senior Bowl.

5: Dwight Jones WR UNC - Don't see him as a 3rd round guy. I like him, but he's nowhere near Nicks and not as good as Little.

6: Brandon Taylor S LSU - Should contribute to STs early on, and hopefully supplants Smith in the long run.

6 (comp):Tank Carder LB - TCU captain might be a little underrated nowadays due to his not as exciting senior year. I think I like him more than I used to tbh. Will be a STs stud.

7: Drew Butler P Georga

7: Jacquies Smith DE/LB Missouri - Late round flier on a size/speed DE.

7: Cliff Harris CB Oregon - A CB pick.

tanny always takes a QB at some point

and the WR's are needed for sparano's PA passing game. the G&P sets it up, but right now the jets don't have enough guys to throw to. think stephen TD maker baker or even dedric ward. a guy to get open deep

tanny always takes a QB at some point

and the WR's are needed for sparano's PA passing game. the G&P sets it up, but right now the jets don't have enough guys to throw to. think stephen TD maker baker or even dedric ward. a guy to get open deep

That's the strategy I went with...which is why a starting caliber RB came before two WR picks...One speed guy and one size guy...both possible deep options. I think we would have needed this Sporano or not, but I am not a fan of going early with the WRs unless a Blackmon, Wright, Floyd, or Jefferies falls into the lap and are the clear BPA. Blackmon is the only slam dunk to me...They've spent 6 picks on WRs over the past two years as well as big money at the position. Go after what works, throw Sanchez a couple of bones late, and maybe something happens there for him. These guys aren't lacking in talent for the most part, and he as the QB is the one that can make it work.

And he's small....Is Campbell really the best backup option on the FA market? Henne? Is there a difference?

Henne's younger and will probably come cheaper. Somebody may sign Campbell to be a starter. I mean, for all intents and purposes that's what we'd be doing too, but the money may be the difference there.

Archived