Breaking news: Colts and manning to part ways

NYGiantFan10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peyton Manning cut by Indianapolis Colts, NY Jets player says he 'needs to be a Jet'

Move will save Colts $28M

By Manish Mehta / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Less than two hours after word leaked out that the Peyton Manning era in Indianapolis was coming to an end, a prominent member of the Jets wondered what life would be like with No. 18 wearing green.

“I want him in New York,” a Jets player told the Daily News. “He needs to be a Jet.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-cut-ties-wednesday-quarterback-free-agent-article-1.1034227

If you are making the case for the team based on talent/chance at a SB IMO, its the 49ers or the Card. The 49ers are a no brainer, sign Wayne and/or Garcon, they are in the SB. Arizona finished 7-9, solid D and a top 3 WR in the game with an emerging RB and some other fun weapons too in a dome in a city he'd be a god but probably could still be seen in public without cameras every where.

NO ..

The best teams are in the NFC... Smart play is to go to the AFC and the Jets make a lot of sene.. Basically the top three teams in AFC are Pitts, Balt and NE, all are severly flawed..

Pitts.. is going to lose Wallace and Pig Pen in whining about new OC, plus owner wants to ground and pound

Balt.. crappy QB, aging defense

NE.. choker QB, coach is gearing up for a run in 2020 by stockpiling picks just as Brady retires

A 36 year old Manning on Arizona may not even make them better then SF, never mind GB, NO and Giants..

To win a SB, smart play is to stay in weaker AFC... and best teams to go to are the Jets and Houston imo.. But houston already has a decent QB, we don't

Nothing you can do but laugh if he goes to Miami.

Laugh, and then fire Tannenbaum... Then laugh again.

If he goes to Miami and the Jets don't make a strong push for him because of Sanchez it would a career ender for Tanny imo, and a sh*tty start to the season for me. Signing Pennignton to backup Sanchez would make me throw in the towel i think

So I see the possibility of Manning actually becoming a Jet was actually enough to bring CTM out of his cave.

Which only increases the likelihood that the ultimate outcome of the Jets QB situation will be the return of ole Chadwick.

Lol... I've been on the sign Manning bandwagon since like October, I'm not going to miss this..

NO ..

The best teams are in the NFC... Smart play is to go to the AFC and the Jets make a lot of sene.. Basically the top three teams in AFC are Pitts, Balt and NE, all are severly flawed..

Pitts.. is going to lose Wallace and Pig Pen in whining about new OC, plus owner wants to ground and pound

Balt.. crappy QB, aging defense

NE.. choker QB, coach is gearing up for a run in 2020 by stockpiling picks just as Brady retires

A 36 year old Manning on Arizona may not even make them better then SF, never mind GB, NO and Giants..

To win a SB, smart play is to stay in weaker AFC... and best teams to go to are the Jets and Houston imo.. But houston already has a decent QB, we don't

Missed you.

I disagree. Playing in the AFCE isnt going to be easy. The Dolphags suck and they play Brady and the Jets twice a year.

The team that won the SB in the NFC was the Giants at 9-7, thats 2 years in a row that an NFC team who made the playoffs on the last game of the season went on to win the SB. I completely disagree that the NFC is the tougher conference right now. The AFC has cornerstone teams that always make a playoff push. The NFC is a different team every year.

Him on the 49ers is an instant SB. Zona close second. Miami is far from instant. I'd put the Jets ahead of them in that category.

We will not get Peyton.

We will bring back Chad.

He will groom Sanchez.

We will get to the finals.

Mark will get Hurt.

Chad will take off his suit and put on the pads, ala LESTER PATRICK!

And he will lead us to the STANLEY CUP!!!

Watching Jets fans running around like chickens with their heads cut-off is amusing... ;)

Isn't Kolb due a bonus next week? That ought to be a tell-tale sign. Pay Kolb, buh-bye Manning sweepstakes. Cut Kolb, hello Mr. Manning, we loooovvveee you.

BTW - is there any chance the Cowboys could be in the mix? Romo is what he is and I'd bet Jerry Jones is sick of it. Could they manage it? Manning would be God anywhere he goes, but he'd be GOD and Jesus there....all under a retractable roof. ;) What's Romo's cap number? Could they trade Romo to whomever loses the RG3 race? Can Manning wait that long? Hmmm...

Missed you.

I disagree. Playing in the AFCE isnt going to be easy. The Dolphags suck and they play Brady and the Jets twice a year.

The team that won the SB in the NFC was the Giants at 9-7, thats 2 years in a row that an NFC team who made the playoffs on the last game of the season went on to win the SB. I completely disagree that the NFC is the tougher conference right now. The AFC has cornerstone teams that always make a playoff push. The NFC is a different team every year.

Him on the 49ers is an instant SB

. Zona close second. Miami is far from instant. I'd put the Jets ahead of them in that category.

missed you too <3

It's not an instant SB with 49'ers... You have NO, GB and NYG to contend with.. all better then what the top teams in AFC have to offer.

49'ers defense is buiilt on players.. our's is the coach.., the thing with player based defense is that players get hurt and they get bigger contracts to move elswhere.. it's not as sustainable.. We've done it for 3 years.. them 1

And i don't get the Miami point, I agree 100% that Jets is a better fit then Miami... imo, the best places for him to go in order to win a SB are houston and the jets

missed you too <3

It's not an instant SB with 49'ers... You have NO, GB and NYG to contend with.. all better then what the top teams in AFC have to offer.

49'ers defense is buiilt on players.. our's is the coach.., the thing with player based defense is that players get hurt and they get bigger contracts to move elswhere.. it's not as sustainable.. We've done it for 3 years.. them 1

And i don't get the Miami point, I agree 100% that Jets is a better fit then Miami... imo, the best places for him to go in order to win a SB are houston and the jets

Cool. We disagree. So whats new? Now go sign up for mafia you prick.

It may be if Peyton signs with a team that does not start with NY. :)

If the jets don't sign him, i think it will be because of Sanchez... which will make him my second least favorite player in NFL history.. behind pennington

that beign said, if Jets pursue hard an fail beause Manning would rather play in better weather.. I retract the above..

You think I'd bet against my boo? Dude, I know you been gone for a couple of weeks...but come'on man.

So, you agree with me.

Manning should feel more confident abotu having a great defense at his back here then in SF

So, you agree with me.

Manning should feel more confident abotu having a great defense at his back here then in SF

Yeah, thats never what i was disagreeing about. I was disagreeing the the AFC is the easier road to the playoffs/SB. The 49ers were a 13 win team with Alex Smith. Manning there is a guaranteed division title, guaranteed home field through the playoffs...thats not the case here.

Yeah, thats never what i was disagreeing about. I was disagreeing the the AFC is the easier road to the playoffs/SB. The 49ers were a 13 win team with Alex Smith. Manning there is a guaranteed division title, guaranteed home field through the playoffs...thats not the case here.

Texans and 49ers are the legit contenders I think. Don't understand why he'd want to go for the Cardinals or the Dolphins unless having the best chance at a superbowl isn't that important to him.

SF had what 5 wins the year before.. How often do 1 year wonders replicate the success?

And NO had 13 wins and GB 15, how exactly is he assured hoem field throughout?

Texans and 49ers are the legit contenders I think. Don't understand why he'd want to go for the Cardinals or the Dolphins unless having the best chance at a superbowl isn't that important to him.

Dolphags, I agree with. Cards, I think would be instant contenders with him. Legit defense. Top 3 WR in the game w/ some other solid passing options. Great running game. sh*tty division. Dome. I think he'd make them very good.

There is part of me that thinks they were a fluke...but its such a sh*tty division, I could see repeat success.

YEs, you could, but when you take a longer look.. Say 3 years, it's us, not them, that are the better landing spot..

ALso, Smith was pretty efficient last year. Manning will be better then Smith for sure, but he'll be more better then Sanchez.. there's more room for improvement at QB spot there then there

Finally SF has a much worse pass blocking line then we do..

I don't know if you've heard, but we made it to the AFC title game two years in a row after barely missing the playoffs the previous year in 2008.

and i asked how often do 1 year wonders replicate success.. A team going from 8 wins to 9 wins isn't a 1 year wonder...

a team going from 5 to 13 is

Archived