Breaking news: Colts and manning to part ways

NYGiantFan10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

expected to be official tomorrow.

everyone could see it coming but it still sucks to see it happen

Not if your a Jets fan, and there is any chance he wears the Green and White this next season. Unless knowing our luck he signs for the Phins.

P.s If we do what's the odds Rex says the words "Superbowl" in his introduce your new player to the media speach!

Anything can happen, but I'd say Miami in in front by a far margin. Things they offer to sign Manning

Cap Room. An owner who is willing to spend it. Make no mistake, money is not the end all here, but is certainly a major consideration.

No income tax

Pro Bowl WR

Competitive team. The Fins finished 6-3. Played pretty good football. All Pro LT. Good running game, and a good D. I was stunned how flat they came out this year.

Manning likes the area. He owns a house down there. he could live anywhere.

Mostly good weather. It's not a dome, but it's certainly not Met Life.

Think the Cards are in the picture, but I say if Miami really wants him, they would be far in the front

Anything can happen, but I'd say Miami in in front by a far margin. Things they offer to sign Manning

Cap Room. An owner who is willing to spend it. Make no mistake, money is not the end all here, but is certainly a major consideration.

No income tax

Pro Bowl WR

Competitive team. The Fins finished 6-3. Played pretty good football. All Pro LT. Good running game, and a good D. I was stunned how flat they came out this year.

Manning likes the area. He owns a house down there. he could live anywhere.

Mostly good weather. It's not a dome, but it's certainly not Met Life.

Think the Cards are in the picture, but I say if Miami really wants him, they would be far in the front

If you are making the case for the team based on talent/chance at a SB IMO, its the 49ers or the Card. The 49ers are a no brainer, sign Wayne and/or Garcon, they are in the SB. Arizona finished 7-9, solid D and a top 3 WR in the game with an emerging RB and some other fun weapons too in a dome in a city he'd be a god but probably could still be seen in public without cameras every where.

If you are making the case for the team based on talent/chance at a SB IMO, its the 49ers or the Card. The 49ers are a no brainer, sign Wayne and/or Garcon, they are in the SB. Arizona finished 7-9, solid D and a top 3 WR in the game with an emerging RB and some other fun weapons too in a dome in a city he'd be a god but probably could still be seen in public without cameras every where.

The Dolphins defense is a lot better than the Cardinals. They finished 7-9 in a crappy division and playing out of division against the NFC East and the last place schedule with Carolina and Minnesota. They really aren't very good.

The Dolphins defense is a lot better than the Cardinals. They finished 7-9 in a crappy division and playing out of division against the NFC East and the last place schedule with Carolina and Minnesota. They really aren't very good.

Hey, look who's here!

2 surprise teams-Cowboys and Ravens. Their windows are closing and the incumbent is simply not in that class. That also sounds like a team in green, and not only the Eagles.

At a loss why he would bother with the Cards or the Seahawks. Wisenhut is a birhgt guy and having Fitzgerlad would be a great fit. But the Bidwills make Dan SNyder look like smart. Pete Carroll-why? Ever?

Houston is my under the radar pick

yes.

That'd be nuts. Then they'd trade Schaub to a Seattle, I guess. Baltimore would flip my wig.

No....well, maybe.

I posted this (elsewhere a week or so ago)

Manning goes to the Texans...and here's why:

1. They are a dome team.

2. Supported by a high functioning defense.

3. They have a stellar run game, with some fun toys for the QB.

4. They are play-off ready.

5. They are in a REALLY weak division, esp when Manning doesn't play for the Colts.

6. They play the Colts twice a year, and HOF players like sticking it to their former franchises. noidea.gif

7. The Texans have a promising rookie in TJ Yates, who if nothing else, can benefit from a mentor like Manning in his ear. In addition to Yates the Texans had 4 other QBs on roster (including Jake Delhomme, Jeff Garcia, and Matt Leinhart), so they're obviously comfortable adding 'questionable' veteran QBs to their roster.

8a. Matt Schaub is recovering from listanic foot surgery and only has one year left on his contract. (2012: $7.15M) I don't know about cap hits and what-not. But I imagine they could actually trade away Matt Schaub (free up some monies), and recoup a draft pick(s) in the process while he still has value.

8b. To acquire Schaub (originally a 3rd rounder), the Texans swapped 1st round picks with Atlanta (moving back from #8 to #10), and gained two 2nds. They could probably recieve the same if they wanted to trade him.

9. They could sign Peyton to a conservative, non-gauranteed, incentive laden deal...draft some extra protection, and get another weapon across from Andre Johnson in the process with the freebie 2nd round pick.

Both teams have a very comparable defense. And both team has nice little late season runs vs. bad teams, the Dolphags didnt beat a single team with an above .500 record. One team had 8 wins, the other had 6.

You're making it seem like the Dolphags were good, they were awful.

yes.

No....well, maybe.

I posted this (elsewhere a week or so ago)

Manning goes to the Texans...and here's why:

1. They are a dome team.

2. Supported by a high functioning defense.

3. They have a stellar run game, with some fun toys for the QB.

4. They are play-off ready.

5. They are in a REALLY weak division, esp when Manning doesn't play for the Colts.

6. They play the Colts twice a year, and HOF players like sticking it to their former franchises. noidea.gif

7. The Texans have a promising rookie in TJ Yates, who if nothing else, can benefit from a mentor like Manning in his ear. In addition to Yates the Texans had 4 other QBs on roster (including Jake Delhomme, Jeff Garcia, and Matt Leinhart), so they're obviously comfortable adding 'questionable' veteran QBs to their roster.

8a. Matt Schaub is recovering from listanic foot surgery and only has one year left on his contract. (2012: $7.15M) I don't know about cap hits and what-not. But I imagine they could actually trade away Matt Schaub (free up some monies), and recoup a draft pick(s) in the process while he still has value.

8b. To acquire Schaub (originally a 3rd rounder), the Texans swapped 1st round picks with Atlanta (moving back from #8 to #10), and gained two 2nds. They could probably recieve the same if they wanted to trade him.

9. They could sign Peyton to a conservative, non-gauranteed, incentive laden deal...draft some extra protection, and get another weapon across from Andre Johnson in the process with the freebie 2nd round pick.

^^^This would be bad. I really hope this doesn't happen. Texans are in my eyes the superbowl favorite if they are able to bring manning in.

Archived