Breaking news: Colts and manning to part ways

NYGiantFan10

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swap Sanchez with what Alex Smith did last season and we'd probably be at least AFCCG bound again. Smith cut out the turnovers and let the defense do the work.

YEs, you could, but when you take a longer look.. Say 3 years, it's us, not them, that are the better landing spot..

ALso, Smith was pretty efficient last year. Manning will be better then Smith for sure, but he'll be more better then Sanchez.. there's more room for improvement at QB spot there then there

Finally SF has a much worse pass blocking line then we do..

Yeah, Im aware of how Smith played. lol. Let me ask you this though, with Peyton Manning, do the 49ers win the NFCC vs. the Giants? A game they pretty much out played them in and the Giants needed 2 miracles?

Well, if you want to get technical about it, we went from 4-12 to 9-7 and then 9-7 the year after.

4-12 in 2007? That was an injury plagued season.. 2006 we were in the playoffs.. Not the same as SF who has been a bottom feeder for years

Yeah, Im aware of how Smith played. lol. Let me ask you this though, with Peyton Manning, do the 49ers win the NFCC vs. the Giants? A game they pretty much out played them in and the Giants needed 2 miracles?

Peyton on the Niners is a ridiculously scary thought. That team is sick.

Maybe, but do they win the NO game? Maybe not.. Also.. the condititons were terrible... Inserting Manning doesn't neccesarily mean they win that game and overcome some horrible ST's mistakes

4-12 in 2007? That was an injury plagued season.. 2006 we were in the playoffs.. Not the same as SF who has been a bottom feeder for years

The Niners are reaping the benefits of having a bunch of good drafts and finally getting a coach to bring it all together. From a talent and coaching standpoint, it's almost inconceivable that they take a significant step back. There wasn't a whole lot of smoke and mirrors involved in their ascent.

The Niners are reaping the benefits of having a bunch of good drafts and finally getting a coach to bring it all together. From a talent and coaching standpoint, it's almost inconceivable that they take a significant step back. There wasn't a whole lot of smoke and mirrors involved in their ascent.

You are seriously over rating the 49'ers and under rating the Jets.. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, I'm saying they are unproven, and unproven = risk...

You are seriously over rating the 49'ers and under rating the Jets.. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, I'm saying they are unproven, and unproven = risk...

What's proven about the 2012 Jets, exactly? The coach may or may not have lost control of the team. The star (only) receiver is an idiot quitter headcase. The defense appears to be on the decline. There are questions on the OL. The backs aren't that good, etc etc etc. And there is extremely limited cap space to fix any of it.

What's proven about the 2012 Jets, exactly? The coach may or may not have lost control of the team. The star (only) receiver is an idiot quitter headcase. The defense appears to be on the decline. There are questions on the OL. The backs aren't that good, etc etc etc. And there is extremely limited cap space to fix any of it.

The QB stunk

Of course Peyton with San Fran makes sense. But in what universe are we assuming the Niners even WANT him? We all know a healthy Peyton at 36 >>>>> Alex Smith, but the Niners have already commited to Smith.

I really don't get the Niners thinking on this.

As to the easier path, it's in the AFC. There's only 2 elite QBs in the AFC now, and for Big Ben, the team is in transition. In the NFC, Peyton would have to deal with Rodgers, Eli, and Brees who are in their primes.

Harbaugh handled Alex Smith like an egg this year. I'm sure he'd extend to Peyton the same warmth.

The more I think of it, the more I think Miami is a possibility. They have a pretty decent defense - third ranked rush d, and better than the Jets in points allowed. Shoot, I think the Pats were better than the Jets in points allowed. They are a QB and a WR away from being legit contenders. It would not shock me to see Manning bring his talents to South Beach.

The more I think of it, the more I think Miami is a possibility. They have a pretty decent defense - third ranked rush d, and better than the Jets in points allowed. Shoot, I think the Pats were better than the Jets in points allowed. They are a QB and a WR away from being legit contenders. It would not shock me to see Manning bring his talents to South Beach.

Hmm, so did that idea, like just sorta pop into your head from out a nowhere?..LOL you're one of the weirdest posters. Never stop being you.

Archived