Why no mention of Atogwe???

GREENBEAN

I know he had some injury concerns with his hamstring and turf toe or something, but why haven't we brought him in for a look? Is he seriously injured? I would hope the Jets look his way should the Nelson thing not pan out.

Truth be told, I feel Atogwe is better than Nelson when both are healthy.

Anyone know anything?

I know he had some injury concerns with his hamstring and turf toe or something, but why haven't we brought him in for a look? Is he seriously injured? I would hope the Jets look his way should the Nelson thing not pan out.

Truth be told, I feel Atogwe is better than Nelson when both are healthy.

Anyone know anything?

We should. Its not like we have a choice. Maybe we can get him for cheap. We need to do something with our safety positions so we can be in a very good position for draft day.

We should. Its not like we have a choice. Maybe we can get him for cheap. We need to do something with our safety positions so we can be in a very good position for draft day.

Especially now. After NElson snubbed us, we should seriously consider this guy.

Because he's as soft as the other side of the pillow. Not a Rex guy at all. He's Kerry Rhodes without the mouth and with slightly less talent.

hmmmmm I didn't think he was all THAT soft. Thing is, if we have an enforcer type strong safety, a nice cover FS would fit the bil IMO.

Do you disagree?

Jets express interest in free agent safety Oshiomogho Atogwe

BY MANISH MEHTA

The Daily News has learned that the Jets have expressed interest in free agent safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, who was released by the Redskins last week. The 30-year-old Atogwe spent six seasons with the Rams before being signed by Washington last offseason.

He was limited by knee and hamstring injuries last season in 13 games, including eight starts.

The Jets desperately need safety help after Reggie Nelson spurned them on Sunday by re-signing with the Bengals. Free agents Jarrett Bush and LaRon Landry also visited the Jets this weekend.

Atogwe led the NFC with eight interceptions in 2007.

hmmmmm I didn't think he was all THAT soft. Thing is, if we have an enforcer type strong safety, a nice cover FS would fit the bil IMO.

Do you disagree?

Sadly I agree with you. Now that Nelson passed on us we're going to have to go after him to cover us a FS. Maybe find a hard-hitter in the draft at SS.

Sadly I agree with you. Now that Nelson passed on us we're going to have to go after him to cover us a FS. Maybe find a hard-hitter in the draft at SS.

Let me ask you, would you be disappointed if we landed Atogwe?

I would love to have a true FS who flies around picking off and batting down the ball. A good hard hitting guy to go along with him would be good as well, but I would sacrifice the "hits" for a guy who could actually cover.

Thoughts?

Let me ask you, would you be disappointed if we landed Atogwe?

I would love to have a true FS who flies around picking off and batting down the ball. A good hard hitting guy to go along with him would be good as well, but I would sacrifice the "hits" for a guy who could actually cover.

Thoughts?

Seeing as he will be asked to cover TE's for the most part, I doubt we'll see him "flying around making plays". Remember, he's coming off an injury-riddled season and was a St. Louis Rams AND Washington Redskins castoff for a reason.

But seeing as we'd be going from no free safety to Atogwe, of course I wouldn't be disappointed in getting him. We need bodies at this point and he has played and started at the NFL level for multiple years. Works for me.

Seeing as he will be asked to cover TE's for the most part, I doubt we'll see him "flying around making plays". Remember, he's coming off an injury-riddled season and was a St. Louis Rams AND Washington Redskins castoff for a reason.

Good point about the TE. THing is who know's what Rex can come up with when you have an athletic guy in that spot who is a complete puss. Say he's kerry Rhodes, but I disagree.

He wasn't a Rams castoff. He wanted out and left. They weren't going to force the guy to stay because he was so vocal about wanting to leave. He was hurt last season for the skins and still played well when he was on the field. He had 3 picks last year in limited duty.

Jets express interest in free agent safety Oshiomogho Atogwe

BY MANISH MEHTA

The Daily News has learned that the Jets have expressed interest in free agent safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, who was released by the Redskins last week. The 30-year-old Atogwe spent six seasons with the Rams before being signed by Washington last offseason.

He was limited by knee and hamstring injuries last season in 13 games, including eight starts.

The Jets desperately need safety help after Reggie Nelson spurned them on Sunday by re-signing with the Bengals. Free agents Jarrett Bush and LaRon Landry also visited the Jets this weekend.

Atogwe led the NFC with eight interceptions in 2007.

Nice.

Archived