Media circus

stoicsentry

Two words that I'm sick of.

Per ESPN --- The media thinks Tebow was a bad move because the media will create a media circus on account of Tebow. If it wasn't for the media circus that the media will inevitably cause, then the media might consider not creating a media circus because of Tebow.

Per ESPN --- The media thinks Tebow was a bad move because the media will create a media circus on account of Tebow. If it wasn't for the media circus that the media will inevitably cause, then the media might consider not creating a media circus because of Tebow.

Lol bigger picture the media control the world in case you didn't notice. Sheep...heaven goats....hell. Boom. World sux bro. Deal.

ESPN shifted from real sports reporting and entertainment into a self-fueling ever-perpetuating cycle of gossip and sh*t stirring. They exist because of the media circus that they create, everywhere. That's why its more important to have Skip Bayless on than someone who actually knows what they're talking about, and why Sportscenter used to have real watchable content and now 60% of the news stories have the word 'Tweet' in them, in one form or another.

By predicting the media circus, then following through with their own prediction, they'll gladly have all of the content needed to fill up a 6 hour special on 'What did Tim Tebow tweet today about what he ate for breakfast before his first training cap practice?'.

I hate them. It's a shame that they own so much of the sports world.

ESPN shifted from real sports reporting and entertainment into a self-fueling ever-perpetuating cycle of gossip and sh*t stirring. They exist because of the media circus that they create, everywhere. That's why its more important to have Skip Bayless on than someone who actually knows what they're talking about, and why Sportscenter used to have real watchable content and now 60% of the news stories have the word 'Tweet' in them, in one form or another.

By predicting the media circus, then following through with their own prediction, they'll gladly have all of the content needed to fill up a 6 hour special on 'What did Tim Tebow tweet today about what he ate for breakfast before his first training cap practice?'.

I hate them. It's a shame that they own so much of the sports world.

That was amazingly well said for the record. What's funny is a majority of people feel the same way...but everyone still watches, listens to and reads ESPN. It's a different vehicle down the same road for Politics, Pop Culture, Music etc etc.

That was amazingly well said for the record. What's funny is a majority of people feel the same way...but everyone still watches, listens to and reads ESPN. It's a different vehicle down the same road for Politics, Pop Culture, Music etc etc.

I'm holding out hope that the new NBC sports network can eventually build up to compete with real programming. So far, their coverage of the NHL and MLS has been fairly adequate (the MLS debut had a few camera hiccups, as would be expected with a novice programming team.) It's still the only station you can watch that even acknowledges hockey as a sport unless it's about Sidney Crosby.

1. It was already a circus before Tebow

2. to quell the Tebow as starter talk, all Sanchez has to do is earn his 10 million + dollar paycheck and play like a decent NFL QB. If he doesn't, then, yes there will be a controversy, as well there should be.

a few weeks ago everyone on this board thought Sanchez should be challenged. This is what Tim Tebow is, a message to Mark he can't just suck and sulk and keep the job forever.

Archived