Damn I hate the Draft, 10 ten picks are cheaper this year?

BornJetsFan1983

I read somewhere that the price of the 10 ten picks are cheaper this year.

1 is this true?

2 does that mean we could trade into the top 5 with little cost, well little by i mean jsut this years picks maybe our 1st and 2nd.

3 would it even be worth it?

I actually would just like this guys to trade down and grab extra 2nd or third or whatever. we really need bodies and i don't see anyone worth jumping up to get. The passrushers are plentiful. The only real reason would be to grab barron I guess, but I heard some other safetys might be available that are just as good.

Damn i hate the draft.

I mean we do have tebow now so I guess it doesnt matter,,....but who knows if this top 10 cheaper is true or not

Love to answer the question, just not sure exactly what you're getting at. Do you mean top ten?? If so, i'm fairly certain the draft value sheet does not change year to year; there are about 6 or so elite prospects and there's no way that we could trade up for either of them without paying a kings ransom. So I would say if we ever trade up, it would be a few slots or so, maybe to say 12.

They are. Rookie cap under new cba.

Your right, but I think he was talking about the draft picks required to move up. That will be more expensive. More teams are willing to move up now for a player. They won't have to pay him like he had already made 4 Pro Bowls. More people want to move up, price goes up.

Under the old system it was like a curse having a top 5 pick. Except on the rare occasion when the first pick in the draft is a Blue Chip QB prospect. Like thins year.

Your right, but I think he was talking about the draft picks required to move up. That will be more expensive. More teams are willing to move up now for a player. They won't have to pay him like he had already made 4 Pro Bowls. More people want to move up, price goes up.

Under the old system it was like a curse having a top 5 pick. Except on the rare occasion when the first pick in the draft is a Blue Chip QB prospect. Like thins year.

this is what I was going to say. less salary makes it more attractive, and the cost goes up. look at the skins trade, holy moly

this is what I was going to say. less salary makes it more attractive, and the cost goes up. look at the skins trade, holy moly

It is a little different in context though. The 'Skins were bidding against Cleveland for the #2 pick to pick one of the two really highly regarded QB's in the draft, and Cleveland had a higher pick this year to give up and another first round pick this year. They had to give up a ton to beat the Browns. A situation like that won't necessarily get replicated.

Teams will be less willing to give up top 10 picks because they aren't as expensive, but in years past you also rarely saw top 10 trades anyway because nobody wanted to move up into that range and pay a rookie that huge salary. Not like there's a lot to base how different it will be going forward on.

Yeah I was asking about the rook cap, thats what i heard. As far as the skins are concerned, that was a bidding war, it seems unlikely that another team would have to pay as much to move up. I'm wondering if we are going to make the move up to get one of those elite players, as much as Im a fan of getting the best guy, like we did with revis, I am anxious.

I think tanny wants to do it again, a gut feeling, my gut says keep our picks and add some depth, train up our own, hell if anythign teade down and stock some picks up.

Oh and Im pretty sure we are going to pick up that vontay guy who was supposedly a 1st rounder in arizona and now is probably a 6th

Love to answer the question, just not sure exactly what you're getting at. Do you mean top ten?? If so, i'm fairly certain the draft value sheet does not change year to year; there are about 6 or so elite prospects and there's no way that we could trade up for either of them without paying a kings ransom. So I would say if we ever trade up, it would be a few slots or so, maybe to say 12.

who are your elite 6? and are any of them a good fit with the Jets?

so do you think we should sacrifice a pick or or two to get an elite/fringe elite guy? say like this years one and two to get to pick 4-10. I kind of think with this years draft we would be better off just take our picks as we have them and pick up the bodies...

I mean is this small Ingram really worth the jump or barron?, Where we are at now we probably get to choose from a couple of those fringe guys you list. I just have that feeling tanny wants to jump and make a splash.

damn it we have tebow already just pick coples/floyd/whoever drops and be done with it.

It is a little different in context though. The 'Skins were bidding against Cleveland for the #2 pick to pick one of the two really highly regarded QB's in the draft, and Cleveland had a higher pick this year to give up and another first round pick this year. They had to give up a ton to beat the Browns. A situation like that won't necessarily get replicated.

Teams will be less willing to give up top 10 picks because they aren't as expensive, but in years past you also rarely saw top 10 trades anyway because nobody wanted to move up into that range and pay a rookie that huge salary. Not like there's a lot to base how different it will be going forward on.

the jets moving up to #6 to get sanchez would cost them more because the pick is more attractive than in years prior because the salary isn't as big.

teams are less willing to trade them away means teams are going to have more interest in those picks, so they will cost more

so do you think we should sacrifice a pick or or two to get an elite/fringe elite guy? say like this years one and two to get to pick 4-10. I kind of think with this years draft we would be better off just take our picks as we have them and pick up the bodies...

I mean is this small Ingram really worth the jump or barron?, Where we are at now we probably get to choose from a couple of those fringe guys you list. I just have that feeling tanny wants to jump and make a splash.

damn it we have tebow already just pick coples/floyd/whoever drops and be done with it.

No

One or more of those guys will fall to 16.

Barron isn't even close to elite. The reason he is a mid to late 1st rounder is because this is a very weak draft for S

the jets moving up to #6 to get sanchez would cost them more because the pick is more attractive than in years prior because the salary isn't as big.

teams are less willing to trade them away means teams are going to have more interest in those picks, so they will cost more

Cost more than what? Teams rarely used to trade into the top 10 because the salaries were cost prohibitive. Not sure if it costs more or there's just actually potential for a trade into the top 10 this year.

who are your elite 6? and are any of them a good fit with the Jets?

Andrew Luck

RGIII

Matt Kalil

Trent Richardson

Morris Claiborne

Justin Blackmon

Fringe Elite:

Ingram

Quinton Coples

Riley Reiff

David DeCastro

Michael Floyd

Fletcher Cox

Michael Brockers

Pretty much exactly the names I had in mind, although I wouldn't have picked Cox as I have never seen him play, although his measureables seem to be dominant and I don't particularly like Coples, but that's only because I take Mayock's word for gospel. Personally, I just don't see us trading into the top ten, but moving up a few into the 12ish area, I could see.

Archived