predictions on if we will make a huge acquisition this season?

pointman

I don't think that the Jets can afford any big time acquisitions for 2012 -- and probably not for 2013, either. The Jets are very close to the salary cap ceiling; they have some hefty contracts that they can't shed without taking severe cap hits; and the cap is projected to remain relatively flat going forward for several years. As much as Tannenbaum hates it, he's probably going to have to rely on drafting players rather than signing FAs and trading picks for vets for the next couple of years.

I don't think that the Jets can afford any big time acquisitions for 2012 -- and probably not for 2013, either. The Jets are very close to the salary cap ceiling; they have some hefty contracts that they can't shed without taking severe cap hits; and the cap is projected to remain relatively flat going forward for several years. As much as Tannenbaum hates it, he's probably going to have to rely on drafting players rather than signing FAs and trading picks for vets for the next couple of years.

That's talking logical. That's not what the Jets are all about in case you haven't noticed. :-) I think we're about to trade Holmes for MJD.

That's right. Holmes for MJD!!!! That's my prediction.

wow drafting players for the future is called having depth and you are correct the jets dont do that well

That's talking logical. That's not what the Jets are all about in case you haven't noticed. :-) I think we're about to trade Holmes for MJD.

That's right. Holmes for MJD!!!! That's my prediction.

man i give my right nut to see that happen but nobody is giving us more for less holmes is a a$$

Archived