Shonn Greene is terrible.

yanks9596

Looked pretty good going second and third team defensive players. I wouldn't trip over my dick just yet. Let's see if he can do it against first team D's once they start shooting live ammo.

He had one play int he 3rd quarter with first team offense for 5 yards. But not sure why you are raining over my attempt to see a silver lining ? :)

Terrible?

One of the 5 worst starting RB's in the league?

The guy's averaged over 4 yards a carry in each of his first 3 years in the league, including last year behind an offensive line that everyone acknowledges had a bad year.

What the hell do you want from the guy?

OK, he's not Walter Payton or Barry Sanders, but "terrible"?

Do you think maybe your expectations might be a tad bit high?

Not a feature back, a capable backup imo

He had one play int he 3rd quarter with first team offense for 5 yards. But not sure why you are raining over my attempt to see a silver lining ? :)

No rain, man. Just being realistic. I liked that little slice of what I saw, too. But I am keeping it in perspective -- he showed nothing last year (yeah, I know the no training camp excuse). In fact, he looked downright pitiful. And he hasn't had his feet put to the fire yet this year. Bottom line, he doesn't look great quite yet. If he plays like he did last night in the regular season, then he'd be a very capable running back -- nothing more, nothing less. Hell, I'm rooting for the guy because we desperately need something more than Greene. I really hope he is for real.

Greene is a great complementary back to come in in the second half as a Defense wears down. But you would like, need a really good starting RB for that.

Exactly. He was terrific in that role. Then the brain trust, you know the them -- the guys whose mantra is "first round talent" -- got ahead of themselves. We lose Greene as a change of pace back and still don't have a legit #1. Moreover, there is no #1 waiting in the wings. Ground and pound? Yeah, right. These clowns are going to be pounding pavement soon if they do not get their sh*t together. Maybe a sleeper RB shakes loose when final cuts are made.

Archived