I Am Relieved!!!!!

Lupz27

Agreed -- I can rest easy the next 9 months and not care -- very interesting off season for sure. How many empty seats next Sunday. The fans need to be heard. Unfortunatly that will not happen.

I gotta assume Rex has to announce Tebow as the starter as soon as tomorrow just for that alone get some butts in the seat even if they are there just to see/root for Tebow, I would say Woody tells him this before they get on the plane tonight.

i am also relieved. if they sputtered into playoffs it might've saved mike t and rex. now what has to be done is obvious.

Yup, Mike T HAS to be put out of his misery, and then you hire a new GM, and let him decide Rex's fate IMO, it wouldn't hurt for the new GM to give Rex 1 more year, but with his personnel decisions, if Rex fails he gets a free pass, with all the cap, and QB/offensive talent problems. If Rex succeeds under his personnel decisions he looks even better. You gotta assume without striking gold with 3-5 impact rookie draft picks (impossible) it's gonna be a long year next year with, or without Rex.

Steve Young said it best: "it's disgraceful". The sad sad part of it all though will be the minimal changes that are forthcoming, Sanchez will be back, Ryan will be back and along with him his clown carload of crappy coaches with Tony Sparano driving that car and Mike Pettine riding shotgun. There's only one way anything with any impact will occur and that's if our owner, (who someone asked "IS he the worst owner in the NFL?" to which I'd say he's right there in the bottom 3) makes a big move to get this team a REAL GM. This will have to be someone who will have to have the juice to DEMAND from Woody Johnson BEFORE HE AGREES TO SIGN ON that he gets to call all of the shots from HC on down and that this new guy fires Ryan and ALL of his staff.

Now, does anybody here actually think that one of the worst owners in all of professional sports and certainly THE worst in all NY sports (save the Nets) have the balls that it takes to do that? Yea, me neither...be prepared for another year of Sanchez starting, Rex, Sparano,and Pettine all coaching the Jets to another season of less and less fans-welcome back to the mid 70's and mid-90's and bags on the heads of disgusted Jets fans.

We are in total rebuild, I'm expecting 3-5 years of Sh@t. Although on a good point The POS QB won't be playing any more...

There is a lot of talent on the defense, with the right GM, the right offensive minded HC, and the right 3-4 D-Coordinator this could turn around really fast, I would compare our 2012 roster on defense to our 2007 offensive roster, we had a developing beast O-line, a really good RB combo with TJ, and Leon, but average WR's, and no QB, the CB position I will compare to the OL from that roster, the DL I would compare to the RB position from that roster, the S position compared to WR core, if Landry doesn't come back, and the LB core to the QB position from that roster, only it's a hell of a lot easier to find good LB's then it is a QB.

If the Jets do it right they need to just let 2013 play out with the roster pretty much as is after cutting obvious cap saving dead weight, this offseason, and next offseason, and even average players who don't project out for the team long term like Pouha, Tebow, Greene, Keller, J Smith, M Slausson, V Ducasse, M Sanchez, B Edwards, S Holmes, and probably B Moore on offense, that's a lot of holes to fill I know, but the only place that is that difficult to find a good player is QB.

After that my plan on the offensive side of the ball this offseason would be to draft a young OL stud round 1 UNLESS we somehow end up with one of the 3 defensive studs fell to us. Draft a QB somewhere between rounds 2-4, base that off highest rated QB on Jets board, and projected round for that player, I would also take another QB rounds 5-7. If round 2 is not a QB I go get a center field type Safety, their will be a lot of good Safety's available in this round, and I would prefer to take Amerson from NC State, and convert him to FS. Rest of draft try and grab a pure Speed RB who has a chance to develop into a threat to make game changing plays on screen passes, and change of pace running plays. An OL preferably an interior G, and 2 LB projects, and/or 1-2 WR's with speed who can develop, and possibly get separation.

Play McElroy to start season next year with the 2 rookies behind him, unless we strike gold with a R Wilson type (I doubt it) give Powell the starting RB position to evaluate him to see if he could be a starting caliber back in this league, plug in the 2-3 offensive lineman you drafted to go along with Brick, and Mangold with a couple of cheap veterans, sign a blocking TE for cheap, and a pass catching TE who can block cheap. Use this season to install your HC's offensive system, and it probably won't be pretty to start the season, but the goal is to make progress with it throughout the season. 2014 when we have the cap space available I would throw a lot of money at the best available veteran G/T on the FA market, but only if one is available don't over pay for one that shouldn't command it. And also look to sign a stud RB if Powell doesn't work out if my main target would be Ben Tate! Hopefully by then S Hill has been coached up to reach his potential, Kerley is still effective enough out of the slot, and if we got real lucky in the middle rounds the prior year a nice possession WR works out, also in the 2014 draft grab 2 WR's, hopefully 1 that has game breaking speed. That would have our offensive problems worked out for 2014 everywhere, but the QB position unless we hit on one in the 2013 draft, or McElroy somehow got an arm transplant. If not I'm going to assume we won't be very good, and if that's the case hopefully it's horribly bad, and we get a crack at Johnny Football!

On defense I think we have a very good young developing DL if we are still running the 3-4 we need to make sure Ellis can handle the NT position successfully, or the dark horse in Harrison, you use 2013 to evaluate that. At LB, I'm going to assume Harris can't be traded, or released because of his contract, but Scott, Pace, and B Thomas are all gone, you plug D Davis in at MLB with Harris, and slowly transition him during the season to flop spots with Harris, Harris becomes 2 down LB, and Davis eventually takes over the play calling duties, and is the nickel, and dime LB, at OLB we will be in a transition year there, play some young guys there, and maybe bring in a cheap Vet, then come 2014 make it a priority to find your future pass rushing stud, and also draft multiple LB's in that draft. I would do everything possible to keep Cro, and Revis here, Wilson would probably go after 2013, and hopefully we can find someone slightly better to equal in FA cheap, or draft. Safety position, I use whatever little cap space I have to keep Landry here to play SS, while still grooming A Allen to be ready to step in, in case of injury, also contract can't be guaranteed more than 2 years so you can get out of it if he gets injury plaqued, or Allen develops. FS I keep Bush around, and use the 2013 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a true center field prospect, (like I said earlier I would love to get Amerson, and convert him, his ball skills are WR like). That defense with any capable D-Coordinator would be very good for the most part, probably still have problems getting pressure off the edge, but Colpes, and Wilk should be 1 year better, and hopefully get some pressure from the inside. In 2014 my #1 priority whether it be in the draft, or using the cap room created is to go get that game changing OLB pass rusher, if we are really bad in 2013, and don't get Johnny Football, or already got lucky with a QB I do everything possible to try, and get Clowney in that draft.

Now with smart similar moves described above, and some decent depth hopefully from not trading away every draft pick, this roster could be ready to contend with the right coaching, AND most importantly a developed, or developing good QB, whether that be Glennon, Bray, Wilson, T Boyd, A Murray, AJ McCarron, G McElroy, some other veteran, or Johnny ****ing Football.

Sorry my mind went on an uncontrollable rant now that it's officially time to look towards the offseason, and those greedy scumbag owners won't bring back the NHL!

There is a lot of talent on the defense, with the right GM, the right offensive minded HC, and the right 3-4 D-Coordinator this could turn around really fast, I would compare our 2012 roster on defense to our 2007 offensive roster, we had a developing beast O-line, a really good RB combo with TJ, and Leon, but average WR's, and no QB, the CB position I will compare to the OL from that roster, the DL I would compare to the RB position from that roster, the S position compared to WR core, if Landry doesn't come back, and the LB core to the QB position from that roster, only it's a hell of a lot easier to find good LB's then it is a QB.

If the Jets do it right they need to just let 2013 play out with the roster pretty much as is after cutting obvious cap saving dead weight, this offseason, and next offseason, and even average players who don't project out for the team long term like Pouha, Tebow, Greene, Keller, J Smith, M Slausson, V Ducasse, M Sanchez, B Edwards, S Holmes, and probably B Moore on offense, that's a lot of holes to fill I know, but the only place that is that difficult to find a good player is QB.

After that my plan on the offensive side of the ball this offseason would be to draft a young OL stud round 1 UNLESS we somehow end up with one of the 3 defensive studs fell to us. Draft a QB somewhere between rounds 2-4, base that off highest rated QB on Jets board, and projected round for that player, I would also take another QB rounds 5-7. If round 2 is not a QB I go get a center field type Safety, their will be a lot of good Safety's available in this round, and I would prefer to take Amerson from NC State, and convert him to FS. Rest of draft try and grab a pure Speed RB who has a chance to develop into a threat to make game changing plays on screen passes, and change of pace running plays. An OL preferably an interior G, and 2 LB projects, and/or 1-2 WR's with speed who can develop, and possibly get separation.

Play McElroy to start season next year with the 2 rookies behind him, unless we strike gold with a R Wilson type (I doubt it) give Powell the starting RB position to evaluate him to see if he could be a starting caliber back in this league, plug in the 2-3 offensive lineman you drafted to go along with Brick, and Mangold with a couple of cheap veterans, sign a blocking TE for cheap, and a pass catching TE who can block cheap. Use this season to install your HC's offensive system, and it probably won't be pretty to start the season, but the goal is to make progress with it throughout the season. 2014 when we have the cap space available I would throw a lot of money at the best available veteran G/T on the FA market, but only if one is available don't over pay for one that shouldn't command it. And also look to sign a stud RB if Powell doesn't work out if my main target would be Ben Tate! Hopefully by then S Hill has been coached up to reach his potential, Kerley is still effective enough out of the slot, and if we got real lucky in the middle rounds the prior year a nice possession WR works out, also in the 2014 draft grab 2 WR's, hopefully 1 that has game breaking speed. That would have our offensive problems worked out for 2014 everywhere, but the QB position unless we hit on one in the 2013 draft, or McElroy somehow got an arm transplant. If not I'm going to assume we won't be very good, and if that's the case hopefully it's horribly bad, and we get a crack at Johnny Football!

On defense I think we have a very good young developing DL if we are still running the 3-4 we need to make sure Ellis can handle the NT position successfully, or the dark horse in Harrison, you use 2013 to evaluate that. At LB, I'm going to assume Harris can't be traded, or released because of his contract, but Scott, Pace, and B Thomas are all gone, you plug D Davis in at MLB with Harris, and slowly transition him during the season to flop spots with Harris, Harris becomes 2 down LB, and Davis eventually takes over the play calling duties, and is the nickel, and dime LB, at OLB we will be in a transition year there, play some young guys there, and maybe bring in a cheap Vet, then come 2014 make it a priority to find your future pass rushing stud, and also draft multiple LB's in that draft. I would do everything possible to keep Cro, and Revis here, Wilson would probably go after 2013, and hopefully we can find someone slightly better to equal in FA cheap, or draft. Safety position, I use whatever little cap space I have to keep Landry here to play SS, while still grooming A Allen to be ready to step in, in case of injury, also contract can't be guaranteed more than 2 years so you can get out of it if he gets injury plaqued, or Allen develops. FS I keep Bush around, and use the 2013 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a true center field prospect, (like I said earlier I would love to get Amerson, and convert him, his ball skills are WR like). That defense with any capable D-Coordinator would be very good for the most part, probably still have problems getting pressure off the edge, but Colpes, and Wilk should be 1 year better, and hopefully get some pressure from the inside. In 2014 my #1 priority whether it be in the draft, or using the cap room created is to go get that game changing OLB pass rusher, if we are really bad in 2013, and don't get Johnny Football, or already got lucky with a QB I do everything possible to try, and get Clowney in that draft.

Now with smart similar moves described above, and some decent depth hopefully from not trading away every draft pick, this roster could be ready to contend with the right coaching, AND most importantly a developed, or developing good QB, whether that be Glennon, Bray, Wilson, T Boyd, A Murray, AJ McCarron, G McElroy, some other veteran, or Johnny ****ing Football.

Sorry my mind went on an uncontrollable rant now that it's officially time to look towards the offseason, and those greedy scumbag owners won't bring back the NHL!

All of this can only happen with a change at GM, Rex could be retained for 1 more year, as long as the GM has total control over player personnel, and hiring the new O-Coordinator, and Rex completely understanding that the offense will be moving in the direction to play the way the new NFL demands, not the 1950's G&P philosophy, Pass to score, run to win, and close out games, the latter Rex would be ok with IMO, if Rex proves he can't do this after the 1st year the new GM can then move on to his HC, probably the hand picked O-Coordinator, and the new GM would get a pass because of all the limitations he will have because of the cap/offensive talent limitations, and use Rex as his scape goat like Holmgren did with Mangini.

Archived