History repeating itself for this starcrossed franchise?

Kleckineau

Has Revis even made salary demands post-injury?

I might have read that article from Jason. I'll look for it again. Still don't buy this stuff about CB not being an impact position.

To my knowledge Revis hasn’t made any statements publicly about his salary demands since his injury.  You can bet the Jets have a very good idea from his agents what ball park Revis is asking for.

Last off season when Revis was hinting about a hold out, and would decide in camp, he said he was the best D player in the league, and should be paid like it.

The problem with Revis is he won’t honor the contracts he signs.  If he were given a 5 year $60,000,000 contract, which I think would be fair for him, in 2 years, after he has been paid $40,000,000 in bonus’ and salary, he starts talking to the press about hold outs.  Not about money, but respect.  Right.

In any business, management must have a plan for  their expenses going into the future, or they won’t be in business long.  An NFL franchise will still be in business, but they won’t be competitive.

With the cap in the NFL knowing the money being spent in future years is vital for a successful team.  If you have a player who is continually screwing your cap up, he’s not worth it.  I don’t care who he is.  if there were no cap in the NFL I'd be screeming " just pay the guy"  That's not reality

Same narrative same assumptions....After those two years and all that dough the franchise may find him inconvenient and just cut him. That's a HUGE part of why Revis is the way he is with his money. If all his bonuses are stacked into two years they're basically saying "prepare to be cut or traded in year 3 of this 5 year lie."

"Vintage" fans will recall how the Jets blew it and let John Riggins, in the prime of his career, go to the Redskins and how he went on to being one of the all time greats as an integral component for the Super Bowl champion Redskins. We also remember how after losing him, the Jets spent many years as an NFL doormat.

Like Riggins, Revis, is still in the prime of his career and one of the top players to ever put on the green and white. If he goes to the 49er's I see them winning it all maybe more than once while the Jets resume their doormat status. Seems like destiny, fait accompli for this franchise.

Yes, but Riggins was a player who had the ball in is hands, could make a huge difference, and did that SB year..  Teams just find ways to work around Revis, who never touches the ball.  Sure Revis makes a difference too.  But you cannot unleash him in a variet of ways like you do a skill player on offense.

"Vintage" fans will recall how the Jets blew it and let John Riggins, in the prime of his career, go to the Redskins and how he went on to being one of the all time greats as an integral component for the Super Bowl champion Redskins. We also remember how after losing him, the Jets spent many years as an NFL doormat.

Like Riggins, Revis, is still in the prime of his career and one of the top players to ever put on the green and white. If he goes to the 49er's I see them winning it all maybe more than once while the Jets resume their doormat status. Seems like destiny, fait accompli for this franchise.

I do remember that. Riggins had plenty in the tank. Revis has plenty in the tank. I don't believe trading Revis is the answer.

if this day and age of the nfl you can not win with a sh*t qb and a cb who is taking up such a large portion of your salary cap. revis is great no doubt, but there are other teams who don't have him and yet still have a better defense than we do. a 16 mil/year cb is a luxury this team can't afford....not when there are so many other areas we need to upgrade and our salary cap situation sucks. time to get what we can for him before we lose him for nothing.

How about 3 sh*t QB's?

Archived