Rex is finished

Jetfan13

Hey, I've been told he's a bad coach for not having them ready for the AFC Champ game.  I just want to make sure that doesnt apply to Carroll and Harbaugh for future reference. 

I dont think Rex lost the team this past season.  They just sucked and were being led by one of the worst QB's in the league.

And Rex didnt lose the team the year before until Sanchez pissed away the season.  Winning cures all.  They make the playoffs after being 8-5, we never hear about the locker room problems, IMO. 

His teams fight hard for him, unfortunately Sanchez ruins it all.

Rex lost the team this year and last. Deal with it. Grown men quitting is pretty blatant, it's not a mystery.

I agree Sanchez is part of the problem. However, if Sanchez gets benched, Rex doesn't lose team. It's on Rex. He should have put Tebow in, he'd have made Rex look like a genius. I don't care about his throwing mechanics, the kid would have ABSOLUTELY produced more than Sanchez did. I could have produced more than Sanchez for crying out loud.

His teams don't fight hard for him.... his "guys" do. There's a difference. Sanchez is one of his guys, too.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex lost the team this year and last. Deal with it. Grown men quitting is pretty blatant, it's not a mystery.

I agree Sanchez is part of the problem. However, if Sanchez gets benched, Rex doesn't lose team. It's on Rex. He should have put Tebow in, he'd have made Rex look like a genius. I don't care about his throwing mechanics, the kid would have ABSOLUTELY produced more than Sanchez did. I could have produced more than Sanchez for crying out loud.

His teams don't fight hard for him.... his "guys" do. There's a difference. Sanchez is one of his guys, too.

Who quit? 

Pretty authoritative beatdown right there. JiF is gonna have a tough time un-stitching that clown suit you just put on him.

Newsflash.  Tom Coughlin's team quit on him numerous times. Hell they did it twice in between super bowl wins.  

It's so sad isn't it?

Hey Mike, u-uh-derp-derp derp um derp but Mike derp ummm yeah, um... derp derp Jets derep herp derp...

******* morons. These fans deserver this loser franchise.

You and me. Let's go root for a new team. Your call, but not the Browns.

Why not the Browns? WTF...

Newsflash.  Tom Coughlin's team quit on him numerous times. Hell they did it twice in between super bowl wins.  

THAT'S DIFFERENT. You sound like the kind of guy who thinks the media robbed Rex of Super Bowls. You're probably one of "his guys."

Not a newsflash to me. I'm well aware, it happens, and it isn't a predictive thing - it may never happen again. Circumstances create messes like this. 

Sanchez needed to be benched, Rex didn't bench him, guys gave up. It happened twice.

That's the thing about Rex.  It's not that he's a 'players coach'  it's more like he has a certain few buddies and they all love playing for him.

And I agree with Tebow.  He sucks, but what did the Jets really have to lose?   Sanchez had one of the worst QB seasons in a long time.  And it was embarrassing.  You knew he'd fumble, you knew he'd throw a pick. You knew he'd look scared.    The entire Tebow situation kind of showed what kind of players coach Rex was and is and why I don't understand the logic in keeping Rex around if Idzik is building his own thing.        

Rex already showed he won't use a player out of spite.  As bad as Tebow is as a QB, he's not sacked 11 times like McElroy. He's not looking like a buffoon like Sanchez.  And if the Jets finish 6-10 and Tebow stunk for 6 games, who cares.   And the Jets gave up the last two seasons.   They should have finished 8-8 this year, but the team kind of stopped playing.    

So who is to say certain players Idzik drafts ride the bench. Who is to say Sanchez still starts most games cause Rex can't bench him.  

THis is why I don't understand keeping Rex if it's already a foregone conclusion they don't want him here and they don't want to listen to anything he has to say.   

Pretty authoritative beatdown right there. JiF is gonna have a tough time un-stitching that clown suit you just put on him.

Yeah, real beat down.  See how many players they can list???  Tons.  And they've got proof too!!!

His team, except for "his guys". Here is the list: http://www.gfy.com

did you watch the end of the last two seasons?

Nice list.  Players quitting left and right.  Good call guys.

Yeah, real beat down.  See how many players they can list???  Tons.  And they've got proof too!!!

Nice list.  Players quitting left and right.  Good call guys.

Name the players who didn't quit.

Not a newsflash to me. I'm well aware, it happens, and it isn't a predictive thing - it may never happen again. Circumstances create messes like this. 

Sanchez needed to be benched, Rex didn't bench him, guys gave up. It happened twice.

It happens and it's not predictive, but I am supposed to use it as proof of what to do with the guy?  As usual, it only counts when it's Rex and it's bad.  Anything good with Rex, ancient history.  Anything bad with another coach, circumstances.

It happens and it's not predictive, but I am supposed to use it as proof of what to do with the guy?  As usual, it only counts when it's Rex and it's bad.  Anything good with Rex, ancient history.  Anything bad with another coach, circumstances.

What has Rex done really well the last 2 years?

1. I didn't say any of the bold. 

2. You don't work for the team, so you are going to "do" anything with the guy anyway.

I'm discussing the black and white aspects of this. Rex lost his team twice, and got his team to significantly over-achieve twice. That's it.

He's the coach this year, hopefully we get another over-achieve from him, and hopefully no more quits.

Nothing else really matters, just fans whining about what they are afraid might happen. That sh*t's irrelevant.

Anyone listening to this screaming moron on Francessa? Holy crap... screaming about how you can't have Revis and Cro in the same secondary. Hahahaha... Francessa's owning this buffoon.

What an embarrassment. 

Don't side-step the question.

Ummmm, I answered it.  You side-stepped.

Tell me, since you have intimate knowledge without a list of players who quit....When did they quit?  Was it week 15 vs. the Titans with playoff hopes still alive and a lead in the 4th quarter???   

There are a lot of good things with Rex and some bad.  Just like every coach.   And I agree with Coughlin, they kind of show up when they want to and disappear often. Hell that team seems to choke away most years.   The Giants are the eternal super bowl contending 6-2 to start a season team who winds up 9-7 somehow.  That is on coaching and honestly,  Coughlin gets a pass because he's won a couple of super bowls.  

But you win some super bowls and everybody thinks your a genius.  

If Tom Rathman doesn't fumble a ball or Norwood doesn't miss a kick,  do people still think Parcells is a genius?

If there are no tuck rules, or cheating,  is BB the coaching genius or just another great coach who can't win the big game?

And honestly, if Rodgers isn't the QB on the Packers, does anybody think McCarthy is a good coach?

That's just the way it happens.. Some coaches just suck,  others are avg and get lucky having a HOF QB.

I mean if the Jets had a healthy Chad Pennington in 2009 or 2010 instead of Sanchez, they probably reach the Super bowl.

Hell, in 2010 they probably wind up 13-3 or 14-2.     When you lose games 10-9,  a turnover here or there changes everything.

And Rex would be considered a genius.

And wonder when exactly they did quit?, considering both teams technically were in the playoff hunt come week 15.  Hmmmm.  This quitting stuff is trivial.

When you get blown out by the Buffalo Bills because the team never showed up.. Yeah thats quitting.  

WHen your QB gets sacked 11 times in a game, that' s not exactly showing up.

You can say nobody quit, but the reality is the Jets didn't bother showing up the last two games of the 2012 season.

Go back to 2011 and the Jets looked awful against the Giants... this coming a week after they were beat down by a bad Eagles team.   They went from an 8-5 team to an 8-8 team.   

When you get blown out by the Buffalo Bills because the team never showed up.. Yeah thats quitting.  

You can say nobody quit, but the reality is the Jets didn't bother showing up the last two games of the 2012 season.

The coach actually quit when he refused to pull his tattoo buddy of a qb, when it was obvious to everyone he was lost.

That tells the rest of the players that accountability is not to be taken seriously. You will play if I like you.

Go back to 2011 and the Jets looked awful against the Giants... this coming a week after they were beat down by a bad Eagles team.   They went from an 8-5 team to an 8-8 team.   

I thought not benching Sanchez was the reason that they quit? Then they quit in the 2 games after they benched him?  McElroy didn't get sacked 11 times because the team quit. 

It happens and it's not predictive, but I am supposed to use it as proof of what to do with the guy? As usual, it only counts when it's Rex and it's bad. Anything good with Rex, ancient history. Anything bad with another coach, circumstances.

It happens once, after a Super Bowl, you're in trouble (as Coughlin was). It happens in consecutive years after winning nothing, you're fired, unless you're coaching for the Woody.

The coach actually quit when he refused to pull his tattoo buddy of a qb, when it was obvious to everyone he was lost.

That tells the rest of the players that accountability is not to be taken seriously. You will play if I like you.

That's an entirely different story, but I agree.   The Tebow was an embarrassment.  It was like he didnt' want to play the guy regardless.

Even if Tebow played an entire game and sucked, so what.  I can't imagine tebow getting sacked 11 times.

Ummmm, I answered it.  You side-stepped.

Tell me, since you have intimate knowledge without a list of players who quit....When did they quit?  Was it week 15 vs. the Titans with playoff hopes still alive and a lead in the 4th quarter???   

Not true.

I told you what's up, and you asked me to speculate about which players did and didn't give up. As if anyone could know that. I know I saw a team not trying, which is a direct contradiction to your idiotic point about how Rex's teams "fight for him". 

You avoided copping to that truth by asking me to do the impossible, so I gave you back the same dumb question. "Make a list" pfft... what a moron.

This is very true.

I thought not benching Sanchez was the reason that they quit? Then they quit in the 2 games after they benched him?  McElroy didn't get sacked 11 times because the team quit. 

That was some brilliant coaching there. Hmmmmm-How do we stop a fierce pass rush that is in our backfield every play? Solution-More passes and 5 step drops!

I never said they quit due to Sanchez.  In 2011 the team went from 8-5 to 8-8 and lost to the Eagles and Gaints and just sucked.  Did they quit? WHo knows.  They sure didn't show up.

This season, they didnt show up against the Chargers or Bills.    

Call it quitting or not showing up, it still means the team didn't bother to play.  And that is on Rex.

They did?  I recall them scoring on the opening drive, shutting down Eli (sans one missed tackle) but Sanchez played one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life after that opening drive.

Good point on those others tough.  The team was over it by then and they did quit.  I take it back.  Rex Ryan totally lost the team once they were mathematically eliminated playing meaningless games of Football.  

You guys are right, the team quit on him, so much so that Woody decided to keep him around.

It happens once, after a Super Bowl, you're in trouble (as Coughlin was). It happens in consecutive years after winning nothing, you're fired, unless you're coaching for the Woody.

Rex got his team to over-achieve twice... then they went on a 2 year post-not-making-the-superbowl hangover.

It's disgusting. Like JIF's brain function.

Not true.

I told you what's up, and you asked me to speculate about which players did and didn't give up. As if anyone could know that. I know I saw a team not trying, which is a direct contradiction to your idiotic point about how Rex's teams "fight for him". 

You avoided copping to that truth by asking me to do the impossible, so I gave you back the same dumb question. "Make a list" pfft... what a moron.

This is very true.

You said who didnt - I said everyone who suited up.  That's a direct answer.  You've still failed give me this list of players who quit.

But you guys win.  Pedro made a good point that you're not capable of providing. 

Archived