What Happens if the Jets Are on the Plus Side for Wins

Jet27

He decides the rules here.  How youre allowed to debate.  What opinions are allowed.  If your obnoxious.  If you're trolling.  And if you're lucky, he lectures you about how great of a debater he is and how stupid you are and how your opinions have no merit and how his are perfectly formulated by an equation laid out by the great Tom Shane himself and if you go outside that equation of posting, then you're an idiot troll who knows nothing about Football or how to debate properly.

He opened the post up with how I'm comparing apples to oranges. What an invite for a go **** yourself situation...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?  Because I believe the Jets can be competitive in rebuild mode?  OMG!!!! I'm crazy!!!!

Ignore me bro.  Its a great feature. 

With each post, you only prove my point further.  I never said anything close to that, and I've never once even made the argument that the Jets cannot be competitive this year (although I'd probably bet against it).  Rather, it's the fact that you've resorted to the majority of your posts being a poor attempt at a mocking impersonation of what you are fabricating others as having said, which is what Gato has made a posting career of.

If you're so upset about my pointing this out to you, perhaps you would be the one better served taking advantage of the ignore feature.  Just a thought.

With each post, you only prove my point further.  I never said anything close to that, and I've never once even made the argument that the Jets cannot be competitive this year (although I'd probably bet against it).  Rather, it's the fact that you've resorted to the majority of your posts being a poor attempt at a mocking impersonation of what you are fabricating others as having said, which is what Gato has made a posting career of.

If you're so upset about my pointing this out to you, perhaps you would be the one better served taking advantage of the ignore feature.  Just a thought.

^^^^^^ Lecture # 17, 628

The central component of JN's success, and what accounts for 86% of its content, is not the alleged whining about the team, it's the group of posters who complain about whining that never really happens. It's a lovely vehicle by which one complains about the Jets vis a vis straw men, while still getting to feel like a superior "fan."

WHY WONT YOU JUST GIVE IDZIK A CHANCE

You dudes seem a little depressed.

I, a relatively sexy 24 year old male, have spent the whole week with my foot propped up while I stare at a computer screen. I'm not quite face eating level crazy, but I did forget today is Thursday.

WHY WONT YOU JUST GIVE IDZIK A CHANCE 

Lack of scouting experience puts his Football Manliness into question. 

This is an awful lot of whining that no one will ever read. I'm going to agree with JiF here. Ignore me. All you're doing is yet another bitch out, which is all anyone really sees from you anyway. Save it for people who give a sh*t, they're probably still out there. 

Ah. T0mShane read it. The people that agree with you agree with you! 

The thing I find most amusing is how much you incessantly whine about how other people are supposedly whining when they prove you wrong.  By it's truest definition, this entire post of yours qualifies as whining, far more so than anything said in mine.

Although I am curious, did you (1) not read the post as you insinuated and therefore have no idea what I said, thus admitting that your complaints in this post are completely baseless or (2) read my post in order to be able to complain about what I said, but choose to ignore the points presented to you, thus proving yourself unable to answer for any of the numerous inaccuracies in your claims?

It's ok, I already know you won't answer this, but rather accuse me more of whining simply because I'm daring to reply to a post of yours, but I'm just making a point.

It's ok, I already know you won't answer this, but rather accuse me more of whining simply because I'm daring to reply to a post of yours, but I'm just making a point.

Your point sucks. No one sees it as a dare that you're replying to my posts. You reply to them all the time. It's always for the same sh*t nobody else but you cares about. We get it - everything I disagree with is imaginary and everything that makes you angry is real and relevant.  

Your point sucks. No one sees it as a dare that you're replying to my posts. You reply to them all the time. It's always for the same sh*t nobody else but you cares about. We get it - everything I disagree with is imaginary and everything that makes you angry is real and relevant.  

Uh oh, I smell another lecture coming...

When you "disagree", you repeatedly make your sad attempts at mocking impersonations of your hyperbolic version of arguments that were never really made, and then subsequently whine about how much those topics are talked about.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

The Jets are going 5-11 this year.

I can't believe you just said that the Jets are only going to win 5 games and that there is absolutely nothing in the world that can ever be done to change that indisputable fact, and they will never again win more games than that for the remainder of their franchise history.  Why would you say such a thing?

I can't believe you just said that the Jets are only going to win 5 games and that there is absolutely nothing in the world that can ever be done to change that indisputable fact, and they will never again win more games than that for the remainder of their franchise history. Why would you say such a thing?

Because my cult and I look into the Eye of Sauron and see the future, BG. The Eye don't lie. Come, visit our commune.

When you "disagree", you repeatedly make your sad attempts at mocking impersonations of your hyperbolic version of arguments that were never really made, and then subsequently whine about how much those topics are talked about.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Not only are my attempts hilarious, but they come with deadly accuracy as perfect caricatures of what IS being said. That would explain the extremely high level of butt hurt you feel towards me. I only brought up how much they are talked about because you chose to whine that you oooooooonly seem to notice me and anyone with similar thoughts repeating and whining. I enjoy debating with T0m, and T0m (and his students) like to make the same points often. I, in turn, will make my points often. 

If you dont think this season is already lost and try to defend that theory in March, you're a repetitive whiner.  That's what this has turned into and its all driven by Tom Shane and his minions.  

No one is calling you a repetitive whiner for disagreeing.  If you can't see that, then this conversation is lost.

Not only are my attempts hilarious, but they come with deadly accuracy as perfect caricatures of what IS being said. That would explain the extremely high level of butt hurt you feel towards me. I only brought up how much they are talked about because you chose to whine that you oooooooonly seem to notice me. I clearly enjoy debating with T0m, and T0m (and his students) like to make the same points often. I, in turn, will make my points often. 

I promise you that nobody finds your act at all amusing outside of yourself.  Besides, even if true, why would I be supposedly "butt hurt" by it?  Clearly none of those posts were directed at me considering I never made even a realistic version of those arguments.  The point wasn't even about the topics of discussion, rather I simply pointed out how tiresome the act has become, and how JiF seemed to have recently adopted it as well, and you subsequently went off on your little fit.  From there, I simply chose to disprove your array of excuses and hyperbole because I found it amusing to watch how upset you got over someone simply shredding light onto your little act.  Meanwhile, you acted as if my posts disputing your fabricated claims all somehow qualified as "whining", despite every response of yours ignoring all that was actually said in them, instead carrying on with your weak attempts to insult me.

Not only are my attempts hilarious, but they come with deadly accuracy as perfect caricatures of what IS being said. That would explain the extremely high level of butt hurt you feel towards me. I only brought up how much they are talked about because you chose to whine that you oooooooonly seem to notice me and anyone with similar thoughts repeating and whining. I enjoy debating with T0m, and T0m (and his students) like to make the same points often. I, in turn, will make my points often. 

Dude, the truth is, as someone who disappeared for a while, you do make the board less enjoyable to read.  You don't have to care, and that's just my opinion, but your "hilariously accurate caricatures" are not hurting feelings, they are difficult to avoid and make JN a lot less worth reading.  I'll probably disappear again soon, so this post means just about nothing, but I thought you should know.

Dude, the truth is, as someone who disappeared for a while, you do make the board less enjoyable to read.  You don't have to care, and that's just my opinion, but your "hilariously accurate caricatures" are not hurting feelings, they are difficult to avoid and make JN a lot less worth reading.  I'll probably disappear again soon, so this post means just about nothing, but I thought you should know.

Well from you it carries some meaning, sure. OTOH, I also do not enjoy reading things I disagree with. 

Well from you it carries some meaning, sure. OTOH, I also do not enjoy reading things I disagree with. 

No one is complaining about differing viewpoints.  They're complaining about how (first) and how often (second) they are expressed.

No one is complaining about differing viewpoints.  They're complaining about how (first) and how often (second) they are expressed.

Both sides happen to think the other side is loud, obnoxious, and repetitive. Like I said, I too enjoy less reading things I disagree with. 

Both sides happen to think the other side is loud, obnoxious, and repetitive. Like I said, I too enjoy less reading things I disagree with. 

Problem is, I agree with a lot of the content of what you have to say.  Still obnoxious... Again, just my opinion... doesn't matter much.

Problem is, I agree with a lot of the content of what you have to say.  Still obnoxious... Again, just my opinion... doesn't matter much.

I find you to be an upstanding long time knowledgeable poster who does not let personal feelings influence his posts. Your report was filed and the proper eyes will read it. 

Yes and exactly, what happens when all is said and done with all the stuff we see now and then the Jets actually have a "good" year this year?

What happens then? Can we hope this does happen? Or is it a complete make over year?

delusions_watch_and_win.png

I don't see it happening. This exodus is starting to look very similar to the exodus after the 94 season when the Jets lost Rob Moore, Johnnie Johnson (Retired), James Hasty, Brian Washington, Ronnie Lott, Jeff Criswell, Dwayne White, Art Monk, Jeff Lageman, and Jim Sweeney.

I think is going to be a complete overhaul of the franchise for what seems like the zillionth time.

Part of me wants the overhaul, part of me says two back to back AFCCGs...and then I say WTF....

Archived