Jeff Garcia tutoring Sanchez

Blackout

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last year was the make or break year.  I backed him and said he deserved the shot and he tanked our season.  Fvck him this year.  I have seen enough of the two pump chump.  If he doesn't come out slinging and enough of the pump to the receiver and then throw to the same damn receiver to last me a lifetime.  I said it last year, the only pass plays that were working toward the end of the year were the DESIGNED pump fake.  If they could incorporate that into this years offense, I still don't want Sanchez back there.  Give Garrard a shot imo.

Make or break year for the Sanchize.  I put it at about a 70% chance he's the opening day starter.

Sad to say you may very well be right, with Garrard being the one factor that could have a serious impact on that number.  With that said, I'd put Sanchez at about a 0.00000001% of being the Week 17 starter.

I said back then that Garcia is who the Jets should have brought in after drafting Sanchez back in 2009 when he could still play.  Would have beaten out Sanchez for the starting job.  Even if Sanchez could have beaten him out (however unlikely that is), Garcia would have been infinitely better than the #2 QBs that we've had in Clemens and Brunell and Tebow.

A little late now (assuming Sanchez was ever anything; for all we know if he'd played out his senior season he might have dropped to rounds 2-4).

last year was the make or break year.

You're absolutely right for most cases.  Normally, Sanchez would be gone after last year.  But his contract makes that damaging to do, and unfortunately there does not seem to be a good alternative in the draft or free agency, (Kevin Kolb $12 million), so he gets the chance to compete with Garrard for the starting spot.  With luck, one will emerge and give us a good year.  If not, we get a new QB in the 2014 draft.

Archived