<><><>You be John Idzik Super Poll Mock<><><>

T0mShane

2013 Jets Mock Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Bucs Offer 2013 First (#13), 2014 Second for Revis. You say...

• Yes, give me the draft picks
    • No, I'm keeping Revis
  2. 2. At Pick #9, these players remain on the board. You select...

• Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, University of Tennessee
    • Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    • Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    • Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    • Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
  3. 3. If you opted to take Pick #13 (for Revis), you select:

• Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
    • Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    • Bjoern Werner, OLB, FSU
    • Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    • Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
  4. 4. Assuming you didn't draft Geno Smith, which QB do you take later on?

• Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (Rd. 2)
    • Matt Barkley, USC (Rd. 2)
    • EJ Manuel, FSU (Rd. 2)
    • Mike Glennon, NC State (Rd. 3)
    • Tyler Bray, Tennessee (Rd. 4)
    • Zac Dysert, Miami of Ohio (Rd. 4)
    • Matt Scott, Arizona (Rd. 4)
    • Sean Renfree, Duke (Rd. 5)
  5. 5. Post draft, these FAs are at the door. You can afford two of them. Which ones do you sign (if any)?

• Braylon Edwards, WR
    • Antoine Winfield, CB
    • Brandon Moore, OG
    • James Harrison, OLB
    • Tommy Kelly, DT
    • Charles Woodson, S
    • Israel Idonije, DE
    • Kerry Rhodes, FS
    • Ahmad Bradshaw, RB
  6. 6. It is January, 2014. The team finishes 7-9 with David Garrard at QB. The defense finishes top ten in ppg allowed, and the offense turns the ball over less. Your coach in 2014 will be (assuming these will say yes)...

• Rex Ryan, because he's earned it.
    • David Shaw, Stanford.
    • Jon Gruden, ESPN
    • Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
    • Mike Zimmer, DC, Bengals
    • Darrell Bevell, OC, Seahawks
    • Lovie Smith
    • Dirk Koetter, OC, Falcons
    • Jack Del Rio, DC, Broncos

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this really a thing?

they were talking about it on the JN call show. the 3rd round price comes from the philly beaters.

I kinda like this idea. Foles knows Marty's plays. He's a competent QB which instantly makes him a Sanchez upgrade. Looking at the draft who were they gonna take in rd 3 anyway? 

they were talking about it on the JN call show. the 3rd round price comes from the philly beaters.

I kinda like this idea. Foles knows Marty's plays. He's a competent QB which instantly makes him a Sanchez upgrade. Looking at the draft who were they gonna take in rd 3 anyway?

Marcus Lattimore.

I kinda like this idea. Foles knows Marty's plays. He's a competent QB which instantly makes him a Sanchez upgrade. Looking at the draft who were they gonna take in rd 3 anyway?

Andy Reid asked Philly for Foles and they supposedly told him to go sh*t in a hat. Why would they trade him for a third when he was drafted with a third? Makes no sense.

Cordarrelle Patterson write-up, from the homey Evan Silva:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42536/321/patterson-the-playmaker

Cordarrelle Patterson is a freak. There were times he looked genuinely un-tackle-able on tape. I charted him with 29 open-field opportunities across six games. He made the first defender miss on 20 of them. Many receivers are explosive vertically and run fast in a straight line. Patterson is explosive both vertically and laterally, and physical as all get out. I loved how he got skinny through tight spaces, regularly sending would-be tacklers grasping at air as they left their feet. Patterson's run-after-catch ability might be the best I have ever seen from a college wide receiver.

I think I read somewhere that Patterson is a poor route runner. Could've fooled me. He ran a full route tree in Tennessee's pro-style offense, executing the curl, hitch, skinny post, slant, back-shoulder fade, and deep-in as an X receiver, and the out-and-up and shallow cross from the slot. Just once did I see Patterson seem to blow a route; versus Vanderbilt. I couldn't tell if the miscommunication was on him or Tyler Bray. Patterson shot in and out of breaks. He used a crossover to evade press coverage off the line of scrimmage. His body control was fantastic both along the sideline and in the open field.

Now for the nitpicks. Patterson has a tendency to let passes get too far into his body. He doesn't always catch it with his hands. I charted 39 of Patterson's targets and charged him with two drops. Each drop occurred on a throw over his right shoulder. Patterson put himself in great position to secure both, so tracking deep balls doesn't appear to be an issue. Catching them may be something he needs to improve.

I have a feeling the biggest "concern" with Patterson will be intangible. He played at JUCO. He might not be great in the classroom. Fortunately, he looks plenty smart on the football field.

Patterson also didn't have great receiving stats. He was the No. 2 option in Tennessee's passing game, behind more experienced Hunter. Patterson finished his junior season with a relatively pedestrian 46 catches for 778 yards and five TDs. Box-score scouts figure to hold this against him, dismissing Patterson's 12.3 yards-per-carry average and team-high ten all-purpose scores.

Patterson's game tape is nothing short of sensational, and as explained above he dominated games in the SEC even while taking a receiving backseat to Hunter. Watch Patterson work the slant and fade versus Florida. He lit up Missouri and Mississippi State with game-breaking all-purpose plays. Patterson broke off a 45-yard kickoff return against Alabama. On a reverse, Patterson made swiss cheese of the middle of Georgia's defense on a 46-yard end-zone trip.

Based on what I read about Patterson before watching the tape, I expected a raw, unpolished, mistake-prone receiver. A talented project. I did see big-time talent, but I didn't see many mistakes at all.

If Cordarrelle Patterson is a boom-or-bust pick in April's draft, write me down as predicting a smashing boom.

that would depend who's still on the board in the 4th.

Probably not. After three rounds and 96 players gone, Lattimore is number 1 or close to it on everyones draft board. 

He's not falling past the 2nd.

I can't believe Tyler Bray and Mike Glennon are getting as many votes as they are. I would rather pick a kicker again than those guys.

I'm on record multiple times that I think Glennon is garbage but that's as a 1st or 2nd round pick... in the 3rd or 4th I'd start to think about it just based on the paper tiger'ness of both. Both Tall, big armed guys who even just as back ups are never really a bad thing to have on the roster. Both were terribly inconsistent, well, they both sucked in college but there's always that slight chance things all the sudden click as the guy matures as football becomes a 24/7 job. It's also why I rank Manuel as the top guy. None of these QBs seem special but with that said, then give me the guy with the most tangibles whom maybe I can mold. Manuel has the size of a Bray and Glennon, close enough of the arm, yet is an elite athlete who can hurt you with his legs....and at least from an outsiders perspective seems to have the better make up and natural leadership skills. Being 4-0 in his bowl games and rising above the rest at the Sr. bowl game, he also gets a nod from me.

Whose board? Can you give me a link or something?

See original post. Already answered. 

There aren't 100 players in college better than Lattimore. If you think there are, that's certainly your prerogative. 

We'll find out in 3 weeks. Feel free to make me eat crow and throw in a nice "I told ya so" if I'm wrong.  :winking0001:

I thought EJ Manuel was an interesting choice. On paper he seems like a well above average QB prospect for sure. I don't know why I don't like him besides I've seen a few bad passes.

I think he failed to live up to expectations at FSU. He was suppose to be the guy that brought them back to national prominence and really, never did...even backed by a stellar defense. The biggest knock is accuracy issues and inconsistency. ////file under: every QB in this draft////

So all things equal, IMO, either you take Geno or you go into that second tier of mishmash. Well then give me the 6'4 guy with a big arm who can run, seems like a good character kid and is built like a brick sh*thouse.

See original post. Already answered.

There aren't 100 players in college better than Lattimore. If you think there are, that's certainly your prerogative.

We'll find out in 3 weeks. Feel free to make me eat crow and throw in a nice "I told ya so" if I'm wrong. :winking0001:

Nice, I'm down :). I'll be rooting for him, will also be a major surprise to me considering it's both knees with major surgeries. 4th the earliest I could see...guessing.

Nice, I'm down :). I'll be rooting for him, will also be a major surprise to me considering it's both knees with major surgeries. 4th the earliest I could see...guessing.

Totally reasonable position and I get it.

Like everyone says tho; it only takes one team. Some GM will snatch him up. He just has too much potential and we know how GMs love drafting guys on "potential".

Totally reasonable position and I get it.

Like everyone says tho; it only takes one team. Some GM will snatch him up. He just has too much potential and we know how GMs love drafting guys on "potential".

I'm thinking the opposite tbh. He's the proven commodity whose potential has taken an unfortunate, devastating hit. That said Adrian Peterson is like, the greatest thing to ever happen to Marcus Lattimore. But even pre-injury Lattimore was nowhere near AP status. I also think there's some decent depth at RB this year, which doesn't help.

It's a great feel good story everybody roots for. Just wondering which team actually pulls the trigger before the 4th.

I read somewhere that one team said Lattimore was a third rounder before he blew out his other knee.

The closest comparison, IMO, is DaQuan Bowers, who has been a mess physically for Tampa.

I have seen the Cordarrelle Patterson scouting reports, my problem with mocking him to the Jets is 1) tanny predicted it on NFLN that's a self-prophesy kiss of death means it wont happen 2) we don't know a heck of alot about the new GM but "pragmatic" has been the term that comes up over and over. Picking Patterson (or the 4th best pass rusher) doesn't sound especially pragmatic. any1 who compares to Troy Williamson seems kinda risky for this particular decision maker.

fwiw i currently have him going 8 to Buffalo. 

I have seen the Cordarrelle Patterson scouting reports, my problem with mocking him to the Jets is 1) tanny predicted it on NFLN that's a self-prophesy kiss of death means it wont happen 2) we don't know a heck of alot about the new GM but "pragmatic" has been the term that comes up over and over. Picking Patterson (or the 4th best pass rusher) doesn't sound especially pragmatic. any1 who compares to Troy Williamson seems kinda risky for this particular decision maker.

It'd be a risk, for sure. Cris Carter knocked Patterson as being raw, but I'd almost guarantee Cris Carter only watched about three of Patterson's plays in between blunts when he came up with that (and every) assessment.

I read somewhere that one team said Lattimore was a third rounder before he blew out his other knee.

The closest comparison, IMO, is DaQuan Bowers, who has been a mess physically for Tampa.

Fwiw my guess would be 6th round, however all intents and purposes, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone grab him in the 4th. Anything earlier i would be quite er, flabbergasted.

I see Idzik trading down IF we find a decent Trade deal/partner or going Longterm safe route and maybe grabbing Cooper

I'm on record multiple times that I think Glennon is garbage but that's as a 1st or 2nd round pick... in the 3rd or 4th I'd start to think about it just based on the paper tiger'ness of both. Both Tall, big armed guys who even just as back ups are never really a bad thing to have on the roster. Both were terribly inconsistent, well, they both sucked in college but there's always that slight chance things all the sudden click as the guy matures as football becomes a 24/7 job. It's also why I rank Manuel as the top guy. None of these QBs seem special but with that said, then give me the guy with the most tangibles whom maybe I can mold. Manuel has the size of a Bray and Glennon, close enough of the arm, yet is an elite athlete who can hurt you with his legs....and at least from an outsiders perspective seems to have the better make up and natural leadership skills. Being 4-0 in his bowl games and rising above the rest at the Sr. bowl game, he also gets a nod from me.

I agree with you about Manual.  He has upside.  Bray and Glennon are merely roster fodder and wasted picks.

Archived