Jets expected to visit with Dee Milliner

F.Chowds

So these answers about Revis being traded were made up?  

"I think it's way premature to say anything specific,"

I haven’t even had the chance to sit down and thoroughly vet through our roster with Rex [Ryan] and our personnel staff. So I think it would be presumptuous to say anything.” Idzik said.

Hell the rumors from the combine is that Idzik was shopping Revis.  Somebody leaked that info and it probably wasn't the Jets.  They ignored Revis's agent, but were openly shopping the guy.   Yeah fans are making all this stuff up just to argue.

And there have been numerous reports that say the Bucs are willing to pay Revis anywhere from $12-15 million per year.  Willing.

There are no reports that say the Jets are willing to pay Revis anything.

And Revis talking about possibly being traded are made up by who?

"I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!" Revis tweeted.

Revis also added: "I guess we’ll see how this plays out."

"Yeah, this hit home. This definitely hit home, especially being one of the best players out there," he said.

"Come to find out you getting shopped, yeah, it really hits home."

"But my main focus is it really doesn't matter where I'm at. I know what I can do. I'm confident in what I do and that's why I'm here at Brett Fischer's working out. Whether it be there with the New York Jets, or if it be with another team, I have to do what I have to do and play ball and do my services for that team."

"I was speechless because I didn't get a phone call," Revis told NFL Network's Andrea Kremer. "I know it's a business — just call me, don't have it lingering out there. I need answers, and I'm not getting none. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team, (but) if that's how you want to do business, then that's fine."

"It starts from the top, it starts with Woody Johnson," said Revis, who agreed Johnson may not want to fork over what it would cost to keep him. "That might be a situation. That might be something. That might be an option. If I do get traded, I'm not going to sit here and pout and cry. But I told them numerous times that I want to be there, so it's up to them and management of what they want to do."

And Back in 2010,  when negotiations with Revis seemed to be at a standstill,  what was Woody's response about Revis and the Jets making a deal and Revis playing for them that year?

"My gut feeling is, I would say no."

So far you have one team, The Bucs, who seem willing to pay Revis what he wants, willing to trade away draft picks for him and you have a player who is hurt, shocked etc.   On the other side you have a team in the Jets who never dispute the trade rumors, aren't even talking to Revis according to Revis, which means they aren't even negotiating with the guy.     So maybe it's not about money, greed, attitude, etc.   It has to be about something then because the Jets haven't attempted to squash the trade rumors after people claimed they were shopping him, they haven't seemed to even have any desire to really talk to Revis or his agent, and it seems the only thing they agree to is the fact they want a #1 this year from the Bucs for Revis. 

Sorry but if an owner and a GM think the best player on your team is worth keeping,  you probably go out of your way to squash any rumors that has him going to another team.  Especially in a contract year. Especially after that said player says he was hurt, shocked, it comes from the top.   Everything points to the Jets having no desire to resign the guy for whatever reason.   At this point what else is there besides money and attitude?  

Your gut feelings says NO?  My gut feeling always says, "Feed me Bitch!"

Remind me not to be in a burning building with you. "Go back to sleep. How do you know somebody's not cooking a steak?"

Yeah, at that point I cant fight science and real reality (as opposed to narrated reality). Would you prove it to me.by showing me quotes from the owner in 1958 saying he had.no.interest in making the building more.fire safe before he made the.building more safe from fire? That's prreeeeeeeettty much what's going on here except there's a whole pile of people.who actually.buy the words of the owner over the actions of the owner. More funny are those claimin words are the actions...very confused crowd here.

This is interesting.  The Bucs might wait until the 12th hour (aka when they're on the clock) before pulling the trigger on Revis.  The idea is that they want to see how the draft unfolds before making the decision to part with the 13th pick.  

I would have to assume that if Dee Milliner is available at #13, the Bucs just go that route, and possibly enter Revis contract-talks when he's a free agent in 2014. 

WHAT IF, the Jets purposely draft Milliner just to force TB's hand?  Given our laundry list of current needs, I haven't really considered CB in the first round...but if we are truly looking for BPA, who knows. 

Remind me not to be in a burning building with you. "Go back to sleep. How do you know somebody's not cooking a steak?"

I don't remember the exact quote(it may have been POTW or at least the POTW resurfaced for a few weeks) but it was kind of like this with the titanic going down.  funny stuff

So if and when Revis is finally traded,  Gato will still be in denial and claim people are making things up.

It's funny how he brought up the big trade with Denver and the Redskins years ago.   What team actually won that trade?   Neither really.  

So much for great CBs and winning.  

It's the delusional argument with oneself.  Many people think Revis is great, think he will improve a football team.  Most people aren't onboard with paying the guy $13-16 million per year though.  Huge difference.  And many people don't want Revis to stick around for a year, the Jets still wind up 6-10,  and then he goes and signs with the Patriots or Dolphins or Redskins or Giants next offseason and the Jets get some compensatory 3rd round pick instead of a few picks this year and next from the Bucs.

I'm sure Revis is watching the news about

The Green Bay Packers and linebacker Clay Matthews are reportedly close to a new multi-year deal that would reportedly pay Matthews more than $13 million a year, according to ESPN.com."

Archived