$12.5 mil in cap space

LAD_Brooklyn

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150953/article/top-40-remaining-nfl-free-agents

Harrison seem to have signed with the Bengals. Andre Smith and the Bengals aren't going any where with their negotiations.They think he's fat and lazy and scared to pay him without any protection (low guarantee & weight protection). But if we were to pick him up and move Howard to guard along with draft Warford, that would give us a top 10 (or possibly higher) offensive line.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150953/article/top-40-remaining-nfl-free-agents

Harrison seem to have signed with the Bengals. Andre Smith and the Bengals aren't going any where with their negotiations.They think he's fat and lazy and scared to pay him without any protection (low guarantee & weight protection). But if we were to pick him up and move Howard to guard along with draft Warford, that would give us a top 10 (or possibly higher) offensive line.

As opposed to the top 10 offensive line we already have?  Regardless, I've seen the idea of sliding Howard inside mentioned a lot on here, I know he's played TE before, but has he ever played guard before or worked out there??  I'm actually curious as I'm not so sure he's suitable at his size to just slide inside.

What does Idzik have in mind?

Dbrickashar Ferguson saves the #Jets $5.128 million by converting his base salary into a prorated bonus

maybe nothing. any cap space we carry over gets added to our cap next year. i don't expect too much this year. next year should be when idzik makes some big moves.

As opposed to the top 10 offensive line we already have?  Regardless, I've seen the idea of sliding Howard inside mentioned a lot on here, I know he's played TE before, but has he ever played guard before or worked out there??  I'm actually curious as I'm not so sure he's suitable at his size to just slide inside.

Eww, no way is our O-line a top 10 talent/unit. If our line were given overalls I would think Mangold would get an 94-96 with Brick getting 88-90 and Howard getting somewhere in the high 70's. Compare that with other teams and that's no where near a top 10 unit.

maybe nothing. any cap space we carry over gets added to our cap next year. i don't expect too much this year. next year should be when idzik makes some big moves.

If that was his drift then that makes little sense on his part. As we don't need roll over money for next season with all that camp space. The deal we did with Brick guaranteed him a spot of the team next season along with keep him on the team in 2015 if healthy. Also to add on, Izzy renegotiated his deal and didn't restructure it.

Eww, no way is our O-line a top 10 talent/unit. If our line were given overalls I would think Mangold would get an 94-96 with Brick getting 88-90 and Howard getting somewhere in the high 70's. Compare that with other teams and that's no where near a top 10 unit.

I'm not sure if these are Madden rankings or some overall individual-styled rankings given out by some site, but PFF ranked it the 3rd best line in the league.  Now, I have issues with how PFF does some of their offensive-line statistical analysis and do not believe we are a top 5 offensive line, not by any stretch, but it's further proof that our Oline is hardly the detriment you're making it out to be. Can we improve? definitely.  Is it this most glaring need on our team? Not really.

If that was his drift then that makes little sense on his part. As we don't need roll over money for next season with all that camp space. The deal we did with Brick guaranteed him a spot of the team next season along with keep him on the team in 2015 if healthy. Also to add on, Izzy renegotiated his deal and didn't restructure it.

i have no problem with that. brick is a good player

I'm not sure if these are Madden rankings or some overall individual-styled rankings given out by some site, but PFF ranked it the 3rd best line in the league.  Now, I have issues with how PFF does some of their offensive-line statistical analysis and do not believe we are a top 5 offensive line, not by any stretch, but it's further proof that our Oline is hardly the detriment you're making it out to be. Can we improve? definitely.  Is it this most glaring need on our team? Not really.

That was ranking I would give players going off the top. As for PFF, Greene is the best short yardage back in the NFL.

If anything I think it would mean signing Moore for one more year...then go after weapons next 3-4 rounds. 

I would love that, Moore has been a good soldier for a long time.  Let him compete, the price will be right.

Schefter was just on ESPN Radio and kinda hinted that if the Jets pick Geno Smith here they will actively try to move Sanchez (trade or cut). He just said that Sanchez's spot on the team would be severely in jeopardy if the Jets get Smith here. fwiw.

Archived