Been hoping there was a behind the scenes plan to look at K. Wilson as a safety

NJ

Just saw Rex on NFL network and when questioned about Milliner almost the first thing out of his mouth was how he'd have to compete with Wilson and the midget (no offense meant to Little People)

I was hoping without saying there would be, or is, a plan to look at him as a safety. It was a shame to waste a first rounder on this slug as a corner but in a safety role he would be coming in on the ball more often than not and he's a half decent tackler. His finger wagging bs persona is a big negative in my book, but it would be really nice to salvage something more than a poor dime back from this guy.

What do y'all think? 

Not sure he has the size or body type to hold-up as a safety, but I think he'll be fine going back to his nickel role.

I don't know Joe - he's only 5-10 but the guy is absolutely chiseled and 190. 25 reps as well

Wilson is a decent nickel CB. If Milliner pans out as an opening day starter, Wilson will be fine. I get the idea that he's better with the QB in front of him, and I think that's part of why he works better as a nickel back, covering a lot of shorter field routes. 

And yeah, I completely hate the finger waving, too. 

Honestly? I'd welcome back Kerry Rhodes, husband and all. <ducks!>

If they thought he would be a good safety he'd be playing there...

Cro has toughened up but the idea of him and Rhodes in the same secondary was unfathomable at the time. We traded for Cro right after the postseason he put us in the AFC championship game with his faggy "tackling", which coincidentally was the last time Shonn Greene looked like a good RB

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222043

Archived