Game Tape: Dee Milliner

Villain The Foe

despite being the first Jets draft pick, Dee Milliner is getting the least amount of attention. Looking at these highlights there's a ton to like. He's fast. He's silky in coverage (great change or direction or "hip flip"). He puts his nose in on run fits. He blitzes well. He's always around the ball for big plays. 

I don't think he'll be as good as revis but almost as good, at a quarter of the price. If another team like Tennessee took him at 10 all we'd hear about is how great a value the pick. Because it's the jets and everyone hates the jets it was a bad pick. I don't buy it. 

This kid can play, no doubt...hopefully he can stay healthy

oh and one other thing he's a true junior that didn't miss a single game in 3 years. Yes he's been dinged up but he played through it, which is a quality pro athletes need. 

despite being the first Jets draft pick, Dee Milliner is getting the least amount of attention. Looking at these highlights there's a ton to like. He's fast. He's silky in coverage (great change or direction or "hip flip"). He puts his nose in on run fits. He blitzes well. He's always around the ball for big plays. 

I don't think he'll be as good as revis but almost as good, at a quarter of the price. If another team like Tennessee took him at 10 all we'd hear about is how great a value the pick. Because it's the jets and everyone hates the jets it was a bad pick. I don't buy it. 

it's probably a good thing that Milliner isn't getting much attention.  My main concern when he was taken was the potential poop storm it would cause comparing him to Revis.

Think he is going to be a very good player.  Smith will take all the attention away from him.   The media is going to have a field day with Smith 

another reason is that everyone looks at it like getting rid of th ebest cb ever and replacing him with your first round pick. in other words looked at as going backwards....which its not but the media needs to talk sh*t

yes like last year Coples was not getting past 10 we got him at 16 and Hill had a late 1st grade we get him int the 2nd 9th pick and is not good picks we cant win

Just thought I would mention this little excerpt prior to the season, just encase Milliner doesn't have an elite season:

As a rookie, Peterson was burned on several occasions, but he showed signs of stardom as a sophomore last season. A year after grading out as the No. 102 corner in Pro Football Focus' end-of-year rankings, Peterson checked in at No. 18 in 2012. He also upped his interceptions total from two to seven. Peterson has two years left on his rookie contract, and he's just 22 years old, 'Zona will likely be looking to sign him to an extension after this season I would imagine. Peterson will likely be seeking upwards of $10 million annually on a long-term deal.  

Archived