Lily's Angry Melons mafia game thread

Lily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is now the appropriate time to tell Verb to kindly refer to rule 14 for that choosing nonsense?

Also -- sorry to JiF.  Was legit thinking you over JC for the last scum (felt Mish was scum after that buddy up bit during my reveal)

I legit thought you played it right on day two AVM. Screw these douches second-guessing you.

I don't think I'd ever seen a play that there was such a split over whether or not it was a good play. 

I swear to you guys, my next game here will be balanced. I've only ever screwed up modding twice, and both times were here. *sigh*

I feel like every game I've ever hosted here has been bad except dodgeball, and that could have been better. lol.

Anyway thanks for modding Lily. Was refreshing after two DM games even if I didn't put as much effort into this one as I probably should have.

I want to extend my apologies to the mafia team. I didn't realize until the game was underway that, when I expanded the game to hold 16 players, I overpowered the town. It was an uphill battle for the mafia all game. 

Verb was indeed the vig, and JiF was the doctor. 

Do y'all want the night actions or role PM's or anything?

Game was fun. We had Batman on our side. Scum did the best they could. Thanks Lilly.

It was a good play indeed!

Thanks for modding Lily. Cool set up but was prob unbalanced. Since Jif was the doc, scum should of had a RB.

Even if scum had a RB, it wouldn't have mattered making JIF town AND doc is like a double protection from scum NKing him. No chance that's happening.

I don't think I'd ever seen a play that there was such a split over whether or not it was a good play. 

Yeah, well.... let me tell you about what Darthe just did to me in DPRs game on DM.

Holy sh*t. What an moron.

I'll wait until the game wraps, but then remind me and I'll give you the full story while trolling the sh*t out of him in the process.

Looking back it was a very good play.

Looking back, I'm glad I played the DM game specifically for you... only to have you blow it off... and have me invest gobs of time (when I don't have any to spare) and have Darthe completely screw me over in the middle of some of the greatest scum play ever seen. 

Thanks for that, fatty.

Looking back, I'm glad I played the DM game specifically for you... only to have you blow it off... and have me invest gobs of time (when I don't have any to spare) and have Darthe completely screw me over in the middle of some of the greatest scum play ever seen. 

Thanks for that, fatty.

Dude that's the best I can do there. Very hard for me to interact and really get into the games there. Quite honestly it's very hard for me keep people straight with all the goofy names they have. Almost confusing like when we did mafia alts here and 9 of them were Al Pacino characters. All the players blend together there.

You, Verb, Lilly, Leelou. Wombat, and the people Im more familiar with are the ones I tend to read the most. I actually enjoyed your play that game and did lose interest after you died. Well done Ape.

Dude that's the best I can do there. Very hard for me to interact and really get into the games there. Quite honestly it's very hard for me keep people straight with all the goofy names they have. Almost confusing like when we did mafia alts here and 9 of them were Al Pacino characters. All the players blend together there.

You, Verb, Lilly, Leelou. Wombat, and the people Im more familiar with are the ones I tend to read the most. I actually enjoyed your play that game and did lose interest after you died. Well done Ape.

Yeah, I understand... but still, ******* Darthe. 

He's officially the worst player I've ever seen. Like, in an I'm not trolling him, just being honest sort of way right now.

Also, Mish?

You're no longer my Princess. Thanks for NK'ing me.

I didn't! JC did! I wasn't even part of the choosing process!

For the record; especially to Verb: Every word I said in my defense, both when it comes to RL, other games, and how lost I felt here, is true. I don't lie about those things in mafia games, ever. The only difference if I'd been town is that I would have been even more lost and floundering!

Bullsh*t. It's Nolder hands down.

Gfy

Actually Nolder just played a helluva game over there. Darthe and I were on the same cult team, the investigation results got revealed as scenes to town, and 3 of our recruits had already been caught and been speedlynched. 

I finally got targeted, and I actually had people unvoting me and voting someone else on the logic that it's proper balance to have scum be able to alter at least one result, sorta like a framer or godfather role would work, and that the viewing on me was "faulty". 

I had turned the town momentum away from me. 

Then Darthe, my own ******* teammate comes in and votes the other guy who my train was competing with and says his vote was controlled. Which immediately haults the 6 or so hours of effort I put into building a logical narrative for why the viewing on me was wrong, and earning the good faith for it to work. The question everyone asks is "if Ape is town, and other guy is scum, then why would scum control your vote to the other guy and not Ape". I was lynched shortly thereafter.

If I had gotten away with staying alive, we'd have taken out 1 more townie, we'd have earned another kill the next day, where we would have subsequently had more influence over the next lynch. Instead they lynched Darte immediately. Putting a huge dent in our numbers. We just lost the game with 3 townies left. 

So yeah. Darthe is unquestionably the worst player and worst ******* teammate I've ever run across. 

AVM the only thing that confuses me is that you didn't let Hess reveal before going to speak for him about your role. I know that's what made me suspicious. 

And I had Mish in a lie if I had lived. 

Thats my bad.  I was the bus driver doc.  I was sooo hungover on Sat morning when I put in the NA that I really wasnt paying attention and protected myself.  lol

Thats my bad.  I was the bus driver doc.  I was sooo hungover on Sat morning when I put in the NA that I really wasnt paying attention and protected myself.  lol

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled when I found out there was a doc in the game and I wound up dead... lol :P

So is now the appropriate time to tell Verb to kindly refer to rule 14 for that choosing nonsense?

Also -- sorry to JiF.  Was legit thinking you over JC for the last scum (felt Mish was scum after that buddy up bit during my reveal)

Hahaha - it was a good play by you.  My apologies for not believing it....but that's part of the game, heh.  We made it happen anyway, so all good.

I legit thought you played it right on day two AVM. Screw these douches second-guessing you.

I was simply playing the game and not trusting people I couldn't vet.  You thought it was a good play because you never considered thinking outside the box.  I got 80 to out himself on the thread and get lynched.....and also shot DPR, who was scum.

AVM the only thing that confuses me is that you didn't let Hess reveal before going to speak for him about your role. I know that's what made me suspicious. 

And I had Mish in a lie if I had lived. 

Well, Hess was at 2 votes when I started all that.  I didn't see us going much of anywhere at the time and saw it as an opportunity.  It definitely would have been more believable to keep my mouth shut until someone was close to a lynch on their own but 1 -- I couldn't risk waiting til close to deadline and 2 -- with my schedule there is never any guarantee I'll be around at a given time.  Knew if I pushed right there, I could be available and get things moving.

I'm still happy with the end result, not having used my original plan.  Cleared two townies and had Mish.  Was also right in my logic with the people going after me following my reveal -- 1 scum jumped on late to help push but also blend in.  I admittedly thought it was Verb and not DPR.  Also was leaning JiF over JC, legitimately...though I felt leaving that little tidbit out there would maybe get them to say something to condemn one of them.

Hahaha - it was a good play by you.  My apologies for not believing it....but that's part of the game, heh.  We made it happen anyway, so all good.

I was simply playing the game and not trusting people I couldn't vet.  You thought it was a good play because you never considered thinking outside the box.  I got 80 to out himself on the thread and get lynched.....and also shot DPR, who was scum.

It's totally part of the game.  It can be difficult in the heat of the game to remember, as town, that the information you have isn't available to everyone -- at least not in a 100% believable way. 

I can get not believing me and my reveal -- especially once I admitted I lied.  I tried to make a big play and it failed...that's what happens.  I don't really get the reluctance to go along with the plan afterwards though...voting for who to run up, then kill me.  It took the control completely out of my hands.  I think there was a fear that there was even more to my role, like I was a bomb or some sort of deal -- but by allowing everyone to vote you get the chance that town picks scum, which would have been a huge problem if I was scum trying to make a big play.  However -- it worked out.  Felt that everyone played the best they could after my death with all the information out there.

Also, on a side note -- I think 80 has now self-hammered more than Pac has hammered at all.  Just thought I'd throw that out there :P

Archived