Dustin Keller says Jets always have ‘some type of nonsense’

Voice of Truth

Dustin Keller says Jets always have ‘some type of nonsense’ 

In an interview with SiriusXM, the former Jets tight end says, 'We didn't go to the playoffs the year before, but it seemed like we were in the media more than anybody else. For the wrong reasons, and you never want that. Could that have anything to do with the season, kind of, things falling apart? I really don't know.'

Dustin Keller, now with the Miami Dolphins, says the Jets garnered attention for all the wrong reasons.

Former Jets tight end Dustin Keller didn't go quite as far as calling his old team a circus Sunday, but he came awfully close.

"There's always some type of nonsense," said Keller to SiriusXM. "We didn't go to the playoffs the year before, but it seemed like we were in the media more than anybody else. For the wrong reasons, and you never want that. Could that have anything to do with the season, kind of, things falling apart? I really don't know."

Keller left the Jets as a free agent during this offseason, instead opting to play for the division-rival Dolphins on a one-year deal after an injury-plagued 2012 campaign.

The tight end did express confidence in Mark Sanchez, the fifth-year quarterback who is fighting for his job after a dismal season last year.

"I think he'll be able to pick things up and get back on the right track this year," said Keller.

However, the tight end, who said he has spoken to Sanchez several times this offseason, said the quarterback wasn't pleased with the Jets decision to bring in Tim Tebow last season and draft Geno Smith this year.

"I think he definitely doesn't like the fact that those moves were made," said Keller. "I don't think those are things that made him happy. But possibly could it be something that pushed him? I think maybe, I'm not quite sure, but it definitely lit a fire underneath him."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/keller-type-nonsense-jets-article-1.1367797#ixzz2VojlTErn

Sanchez was not pleased the Jets brought in Tebow last year and Geno this year.  Well the Jets fans aren't pleased with the job of QBing he's done either.  Like the team and the fans are supposed to sit back and let Mark do whatever he wants and play as badly as he has, and he's still not motivated to do any better?

Lit a fire underneath him, lol. So losing and being terrible and a nationwide joke doesn't motivate him & light that fire? I'm so sick of this big baby already.  Yeah it's lit a fire underneath Mark.  Instead of sulking in a corner now he's crying "Woe is me" stories to anyone who will listen (Garcia, Keller, and Lord only knows how many others).

I really hope Geno isn't just as bad either in play or in terms of maturity.

Keller says nothing outrageous. The Daily News is just continuing with the circus narrative.

As for Sanchez being annoyed, whatever. I was annoyed with the Tebow acquisition due to the tons of unwanted attention and the crazy fans, but why I continued to be annoyed with him had everything to do with Sparano using him and Sanchez ineffectively. If Sanchez was annoyed because of the way the two of them were used, that's a legitimate gripe, because just about everyone was.

As for Geno Smith? Lift your game, dude, and Smith doesn't affect you. You were plenty awful all on your own.

Did anyone ever see Keller beat the first defender, after he made the completion?

Seems like a slight breeze was enough to get him to the ground after a catch. For a guy who's only strength is receiving, he was pretty awful getting yards after the catch. Great at getting open,but not much followed after.

Archived