Rex Ryan was on Jay Mohr Sports today

Blackout

I heard it..  nothing that great -- actually a little dull.

I give Rex the benefit of the doubt most of the time but at one point he did one of his "I'll say this", followed by declaring that the QB situation is better now then when he took over the team in 09'. 

Mohr gave him a "wow" to boot.

I cringed a bit thinking I sure as f--k hope it's better than it was in 09'.  Not exactly going out on a limb there.

I give Rex the benefit of the doubt most of the time but at one point he did one of his "I'll say this", followed by declaring that the QB situation is better now then when he took over the team in 09'. 

I cringed a bit thinking I sure as f--k hope it's better than it was in 09'.  Not exactly going out on a limb there.

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=Jay_Mohr_Sports_Interviews&selected_podcast=130719-Jay_Mohr-Rex_Ryan_1374258007_10169.mp3

there we go....Jayjay is a Jets fan so he wasn't going to ambush Rex.

Sanchez and Clemens vs. Sanchez and Geno Smith.   hmmmm

Since Kellen and Geno are both 2nd round picks, I'm going to assume this is in reference to the coaching. 

yeah Smith is better than Clemens

We don't know that.  Clemens is still in the league in his eighth year, not bad for a second rounder.

I would say that although they were both second rounders, Smith comes to the Jets more highly rated than Clemens.  Smith was considered the top college QB and a top ten pick overall for most of the year, then slid down inexplicably a couple of weeks before the draft to land in the second round.  Even so, except for Buffalo falling in love in love with EJ Manual's hands, Smith was still chosen far ahead of the rest of the QB class.  Ryan Nassib, supposedly the only other QB with a chance to get taken before Smith, went in the fourth round.

Clemens was a relative unknown whom some analysts said might be taken as high as the third round.  However, it would not have shocked anyone if he slid down to the last couple of  rounds. 

Smith is in a fight with Sanchez for the starting spot, Clemens was never in the running to start his first year, it was understood he would sit for at least a year, with no guarantee that he's the starter his second year either.

So even though they're both second rounders, Smith comes in with the higher rep and the greater expectations.

Archived