NFL | Brandon Moore expected to retire

FoxJet

I'm sure he could have a job with a number of teams if he really wanted it, but it seems like he was only interested in playing under his own conditions.  While it's tough to say for sure, it looks like he waited until the start of camp and when he didn't get offered what he thought he was worth and/or the job he thought he deserved, he decided it was time to move on.  Can't blame the guy for that and certainly nothing wrong with it if he's in the kind of financial position where he can afford to make such a decision.

It's also kind of cool that he ended up being a career Jet.  Maybe not an all-time great, but he was a damn good player for the Jets for quite a long time.  Best of luck to him in the future.

Brandon Moore is a guy who makes up for a bust. A UDFA who played defense in college who winds up starting 141 consecutive games at RG and makes a Pro-Bowl (and probably should have made 3 or 4?) As far as I'm concerned, Brandon Moore cancels out Dwayne Robertson.

As far as I'm concerned......no, he doesn't.  But nice thought.  Who cancels out Gholston?

Vernon Gholston's not done just yet my friend. Just you watch. My prediction: four sacks in week one. 

Book it. :yes:

For whom the Ottawa Roughriders of the CFL or is there some Arena League team that's giving him a shot?  I haven't heard of any other NFL team giving him a chance.

I wonder how much the whole Butt fumble thing hurt his stock.

His? Not much but Sanchez? Plenty. That's the kind of play that a guy is actually REMEMBERED for-for his whole life. Like how Herm is with the fumble recovery TD, we'll be watching that Sanchez play 31 years from now when they do their yearly "The Jets can't draft for $hite" introspectives on draft day 2045

Wasn't Bitonti throwing a tantrum about the Jets choosing not to re-sign Moore a couple months ago?  Weird, I guess that Idzik guy seems to know what he's doing.

btw the rumor was refuted, Brandon Moore isn't retired. He just wants to be paid like a starter who was the 4th best guard in the football last year according to PFF. 

The dude did go to a Pro Bowl why is it crazy that he's worth more than vet min? 

btw the rumor was refuted, Brandon Moore isn't retired. He just wants to be paid like a starter who was the 4th best guard in the football last year according to PFF. 

The dude did go to a Pro Bowl why is it crazy that he's worth more than vet min? 

Agreed.

He's playing it smart. Staying in shape until the inevitable injury bug hits some team. Teams will be more desperate during the season to add quality vets, at higher salaries.

Archived