wed practice -florham park

Maxman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont' care about the crying from the media tweeters, I like what Cro is doing. He's calling out hte offense on the field - rather than in the press. The right way to do it. What a great surprise his maturation has been.

I feel like it's all getting blown out of proportion.  This all happened over the matter of a few seconds and there's no reason to believe the players haven't all moved on.  This is football we're talking about and I don't have an issue with how anyone on the team reacted.  Cro laying some hits out there isn't a bad thing and at the same time, I've got no problem with the O having the back of their fellow offensive teammates and calling out an opposing defender if they thought it was a cheap hit.  Sometimes you want to see the team get a bit riled up, even just in practice, as it shows a little bit of that passion that seems to have been missing from this team lately.

I'm sure you wouldn't have had an issue with Mangold if the same exact sequence of events had happened on Saturday, so why worry about it now?  If these guys are still being pissy about it days from now, that's a different story, but I think this is another attempt by the media to stir things up and I'm sure they'll be asking players all about it (just as they did Rex) in an attempt to cherry pick some quotes to make a big deal out of.

You know what might be more damaging to his confidence? Not beating out Mark Sanchez for the starting job.

Maybe, but I doubt it.  He's had a big adjustment going from taking most of his snaps from the shotgun to under center, having to develop the right footwork in his drops, going from basically a playground offense in college to a complicated WCO system, adapting to the speed of the NFL, etc.  I think he's pretty level headed and knows how much he had to learn.

Maybe, but I doubt it.  He's had a big adjustment going from taking most of his snaps from the shotgun to under center, having to develop the right footwork in his drops, going from basically a playground offense in college to a complicated WCO system, adapting to the speed of the NFL, etc.  I think he's pretty level headed and knows how much he had to learn.

haha I was just kidding man.

If the coaching staff thinks he is ready to go I don't have a problem with him starting week 1 though. I think he has handled the media and pressure decently to this point (early to tell, I know) but I think he would be ok!

haha I was just kidding man.

If the coaching staff thinks he is ready to go I don't have a problem with him starting week 1 though. I think he has handled the media and pressure decently to this point (early to tell, I know) but I think he would be ok!

No problem.  Hey, if the CS truly thinks he's ready and it's not just a matter of never wanting to see Sanchez take the field for the Jets again, then I have no problems with it either.   :winking0001:

I feel like it's all getting blown out of proportion.  This all happened over the matter of a few seconds and there's no reason to believe the players haven't all moved on.  This is football we're talking about and I don't have an issue with how anyone on the team reacted.  Cro laying some hits out there isn't a bad thing and at the same time, I've got no problem with the O having the back of their fellow offensive teammates and calling out an opposing defender if they thought it was a cheap hit.  Sometimes you want to see the team get a bit riled up, even just in practice, as it shows a little bit of that passion that seems to have been missing from this team lately.

I'm sure you wouldn't have had an issue with Mangold if the same exact sequence of events had happened on Saturday, so why worry about it now?  If these guys are still being pissy about it days from now, that's a different story, but I think this is another attempt by the media to stir things up and I'm sure they'll be asking players all about it (just as they did Rex) in an attempt to cherry pick some quotes to make a big deal out of.

Whu?

I don't have an issue with Mangold, I just said eff him... the offense has sucked for 4 years. They deserve to get punched in the face by the D. I don't care about what happens in a couple days. :)

No problem.  Hey, if the CS truly thinks he's ready and it's not just a matter of never wanting to see Sanchez take the field for the Jets again, then I have no problems with it either.   :winking0001:

I know its preseason but this week, against that Giants front line, will be a good measuring stick I think. If he comes out and plays well with no bad mental mistakes that either leave points on the field for us or give points to the other team I think he will start.

I know its preseason but this week, against that Giants front line, will be a good measuring stick I think. If he comes out and plays well with no bad mental mistakes that either leave points on the field for us or give points to the other team I think he will start.

I agree that it will be a good measuring stick.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  I know he will start sooner rather than later.  Am just amped to see when that happens and hopefully that will be the end of mr. fu manchu

I agree that it will be a good measuring stick. It will be interesting to see what happens. I know he will start sooner rather than later. Am just amped to see when that happens and hopefully that will be the end of mr. fu manchu

Really hope so! Just wanna see him come out and move the ball without making any major mistakes. Put some points on the board and take this QB competition over.

Cant listen to Sanchez say "those mistakes can't happen" again.

The Giants pass D has been pretty piss poor.  Like bottom 5 in yardage allowed through the air the last couple of years.  They are better in scoring D.  Moving the ball on them doesn't really prove anything.

The Giants pass D has been pretty piss poor.  Like bottom 5 in yardage allowed through the air the last couple of years.  They are better in scoring D.  Moving the ball on them doesn't really prove anything.

Yeah maybe in the secondary man, but that d line is still a good test.

Yeah maybe in the secondary man, but that d line is still a good test.

Whoever it is that gives up the yards... that is who sucks on the Giants.  They were 28th in yards through the air last year and I think the same in 2011. They were even worse in yards per pass attempt.  They were mid pack or slightly better in points allowed.  Wake me up when it is QB vs. Dline.  Until then I will consider team stats.  Maybe we can see how he fares under pressure?  That might be some kind of test, but that's about it. 

Archived