The Mad Backer retires.

pointman

That has a tendency to happen at the end of a career if you are lucky enough to make it that far.

True.  I wasn't killing Scott.  I didn't hate him, just didn't particularly like him.

BTW, I'm envious of your autographed picture of Joe Klecko!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly, that is no longer true.  I suspect that Ray Lewis did murder that guy.  I definitely despised him early in his career and thought he was a thug. Supposedly however, he found/developed faith in God a few years ago and changed.  If true, I would have taken that Ray Lewis on the team gladly, but not the former one.

Yeah, yeah. Everyone "finds God" when they're facing lethal injection or have to rehabilitate their image.

Sorry, I'm part of a very cynical generation.

Yeah, yeah. Everyone "finds God" when they're facing lethal injection or have to rehabilitate their image.

Sorry, I'm part of a very cynical generation.

That's fine.  Why did Lewis have to rehabilitate his image?  he was gonna make the HOF either way.

he was the leader of the defense.  who would you say lead the defense when rex got here? Revis?  He had the whole defense at his house every week.  Go and rewatch hard knocks and tell me who was leading the defense.  sh*t on him all you want, it doesnt change the fact this guy did the dirty work and wasnt afraid to bring the hotsauce.  he helped to give us one of the best defenses in the NFL for a couple of years.

One of the only things I didnt like from the guy was when he wanted to control all of the guys in the locker room into boycotting the media.  That turned out to be a fracturing of the locker room instead of galvanizing it.  That could be put on the players that went against the policy but the NY sports media will not be boycotted.

Sometimes I wonder if 10 years from now, when the Jets havent sniffed a SB again...if we will still be playing the fingering pointing games about those AFCCG's.

Considering there are still occasional arguments over the 2004 Steelers game, I don't see why not.

AFC-Championship vs. Denver.  Curtis Martin....13 carries for 14 yards.  Which, btw, I didn't have to look up because I've read it so often on this message board.

So yeah...I think we will.

for the record, someone called the pregame show on ESPN radio and asked Westhoff why he cut Weatherford who has "become a star" with the Giants. Westhoff more or less cited the playoff run and the AFC championship game against the Steelers as why. He was terrible down the stretch and Westhoff was tired of waiting for him to get better.

Archived