Patriot Killa

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last years Super Bowl.

Univ of Nevada

Vs

Delaware

Most successful NFL QB's didn't go to school at football powerhouses. Nor did their college success translate entirely to the NFL.

that wasn't your point tho.  you seemed to be saying georgia is crap competition.  then you bring up simms, who spent a year at a school nobody has ever heard of.  your argument is invalid

Georgia is crap competition compared to the players in an NFL preseason game.

Most college football players, even from powerhouses, never even get to try out in the NFL. 
So even a team of second and third stringers in preseason is a college All-Star team of sorts.

If a QB didn't shine in college a couple of years back but looks great in preseason, he's playing against better competition than the college QB who's doing well.

this won't help than, lol

seth is a walk on at clemson

rex-ryan-jets-clemson-tigers-shirt-570x4

so this will be mehta's next hachet job, heartless rex doesn't speak to cuts face to face on saddest day of their lives, and their vagina's got hurt !!!!

Nailed it

Rex Ryan's trip to Clemson game shows he is losing interest and influence with NY Jets Source says Ryan has 'zero influence' with Gang Green and that his trip to watch his son play is 'big F.U. to all of the players,' that coach was going to watch son play. Comments (20) NEW YORK DAILY NEWS PUBLISHED: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2013, 10:57 PM UPDATED: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2013, 1:26 AM

Print

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-cutting-jets-clemson-shows-losing-interest-influence-article-1.1444054#ixzz2dpRFoFRO

Rex Ryan was living it up at a parking lot tailgate Saturday, clad in Clemson gear, posing for pictures with coeds far away from where he needed to be.

He shirked his professional responsibilities for personal ones, Dead Coach Walking in Death Valley, furthering the perception that he’s nothing more than a figurehead patrolling the Jets sidelines these days.

It was the exact wrong move at the exact wrong time for a man supposedly fighting for his head coaching life.

Ryan’s decision to skip cut-down day, regarded as the most important 24 hours in pro personnel departments across the league, to watch his son, Seth, a freshman walk-on wide receiver at Clemson, face Georgia in South Carolina revealed how much the head coach has been marginalized.

NFL head coaches live at their respective team facilities on cut-down day, shaping the roster and bidding farewell to players.

Jets general manager John Idzik, who excused Ryan, and his confidantes spent Saturday finalizing cuts and formulating plans to put in waiver wire claims to bolster the team.

Ryan was out of town during this pivotal period for the first time since taking over as head coach in 2009.

“I’ve never heard of that before,” an NFC executive told the Daily News. “It’s crazy.”

Ryan’s curious move likely wasn’t unprecedented, but it was highly unusual for a man whose seat is getting hotter by the second. His decision to watch his son “stand there” on the sidelines (Seth was active for the game, but didn’t play) during Clemson’s 38-35 win over Georgia rather than be an integral part of Idzik’s “collaborative process” was odd.

Ryan said on Monday that he spoke to “several” of the players who were going to be waived on Friday before 21 cuts became official on Saturday night. Backup quarterback Greg McElroy, the most prominent player to get the ax — and one of only two players to have played a regular-season game for Ryan — didn’t hear from the head coach all weekend. (Ryan returned to New Jersey early Sunday evening.)

McElroy bumped into Ryan at the team facility on Monday before the quarterback agreed to an injury settlement.

Idzik declined a Daily News interview request, but maintained through a team spokesman that he was in constant communication with Ryan during the afternoon via text and phone... presumably in between tailgate hot dogs and cheeseburgers.

It was a strange way of doing business.

“He’s got zero influence,” a source close to the situation said about Ryan. “(He) doesn’t care and he is letting everyone know. He just shows up for his check... It’s a big F.U. to all the players.”

Ryan had done a terrific job balancing fatherhood and his job in the past. Mark Sanchez would routinely join Ryan and his wife, Michelle, for Seth’s games at Summit High School in New Jersey a few years ago after Jets practices on Fridays.

By all accounts, Ryan has been a great dad, but sometimes the job must take precedence. Ryan, a football lifer, understands the inherent sacrifices of being a coach, which made this decision that much weirder.

Ryan is fighting to remain with the Jets beyond this season. He should have let Idzik, Woody Johnson and everyone else in the organization know that he’s fully invested in this team. His loyalties during this delicate professional period should be with the Jets, barring a family emergency, of course.

“It’s not like I’m going to be able to go to another game,” Ryan said Monday. “It just so happened that I could make that one: It was a night game. So that’s really what I did. I took advantage of it. It was great. I just played dad there for a day and it was a lot of fun.”

Ryan left town Saturday morning for the evening kickoff at Clemson. He declined a News request to delve into more specifics about his decision not to remain with the Jets on this important day.

Ryan’s actions clearly suggest that his sphere of influence within the building has been greatly diminished. He’s obviously taken a backseat to Idzik in the makeup of the roster.

The fact that Ryan didn’t address every player who was cut before he left the building on Saturday is embarrassing. “He (will be) the whipping post for the media all year long and will get to be the spokesman for the organization in front of the cameras,” the source said. “But he has no organizational power at all.”

Ryan, known as a “player’s coach,” still has support from veteran leaders in his locker room.

“I would take advantage of the opportunity if my son was dressing in his first game,” Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie said. “I’m going, too. Family comes first. This is a big family (with the Jets), but we have people in this office and this organization that can handle those things when Rex is not here.”

“He has other responsibilities, too,” Cromartie added. “I think that’s important, too. But at the end of the day, we had the GM here.”

The GM and the rest of the organization’s real decision-makers received the league’s full list of waived players around 8.p.m. on Saturday. The Jets brain trust spent a few more hours at the facility discussing possible moves to improve the roster.

Ryan didn’t see the list.

He was nearly 800 miles away with a different set of priorities.

Kickoff was at 8:23 p.m.

Twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

Nailed it

Rex Ryan's trip to Clemson game shows he is losing interest and influence with NY Jets Source says Ryan has 'zero influence' with Gang Green and that his trip to watch his son play is 'big F.U. to all of the players,' that coach was going to watch son play. Comments (20) NEW YORK DAILY NEWS PUBLISHED: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2013, 10:57 PM UPDATED: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2013, 1:26 AM

Print

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-rex-cutting-jets-clemson-shows-losing-interest-influence-article-1.1444054#ixzz2dpRFoFRO

Rex Ryan was living it up at a parking lot tailgate Saturday, clad in Clemson gear, posing for pictures with coeds far away from where he needed to be.

He shirked his professional responsibilities for personal ones, Dead Coach Walking in Death Valley, furthering the perception that he’s nothing more than a figurehead patrolling the Jets sidelines these days.

It was the exact wrong move at the exact wrong time for a man supposedly fighting for his head coaching life.

Ryan’s decision to skip cut-down day, regarded as the most important 24 hours in pro personnel departments across the league, to watch his son, Seth, a freshman walk-on wide receiver at Clemson, face Georgia in South Carolina revealed how much the head coach has been marginalized.

NFL head coaches live at their respective team facilities on cut-down day, shaping the roster and bidding farewell to players.

Jets general manager John Idzik, who excused Ryan, and his confidantes spent Saturday finalizing cuts and formulating plans to put in waiver wire claims to bolster the team.

Ryan was out of town during this pivotal period for the first time since taking over as head coach in 2009.

“I’ve never heard of that before,” an NFC executive told the Daily News. “It’s crazy.”

Ryan’s curious move likely wasn’t unprecedented, but it was highly unusual for a man whose seat is getting hotter by the second. His decision to watch his son “stand there” on the sidelines (Seth was active for the game, but didn’t play) during Clemson’s 38-35 win over Georgia rather than be an integral part of Idzik’s “collaborative process” was odd.

Ryan said on Monday that he spoke to “several” of the players who were going to be waived on Friday before 21 cuts became official on Saturday night. Backup quarterback Greg McElroy, the most prominent player to get the ax — and one of only two players to have played a regular-season game for Ryan — didn’t hear from the head coach all weekend. (Ryan returned to New Jersey early Sunday evening.)

McElroy bumped into Ryan at the team facility on Monday before the quarterback agreed to an injury settlement.

Idzik declined a Daily News interview request, but maintained through a team spokesman that he was in constant communication with Ryan during the afternoon via text and phone... presumably in between tailgate hot dogs and cheeseburgers.

It was a strange way of doing business.

“He’s got zero influence,” a source close to the situation said about Ryan. “(He) doesn’t care and he is letting everyone know. He just shows up for his check... It’s a big F.U. to all the players.”

Ryan had done a terrific job balancing fatherhood and his job in the past. Mark Sanchez would routinely join Ryan and his wife, Michelle, for Seth’s games at Summit High School in New Jersey a few years ago after Jets practices on Fridays.

By all accounts, Ryan has been a great dad, but sometimes the job must take precedence. Ryan, a football lifer, understands the inherent sacrifices of being a coach, which made this decision that much weirder.

Ryan is fighting to remain with the Jets beyond this season. He should have let Idzik, Woody Johnson and everyone else in the organization know that he’s fully invested in this team. His loyalties during this delicate professional period should be with the Jets, barring a family emergency, of course.

“It’s not like I’m going to be able to go to another game,” Ryan said Monday. “It just so happened that I could make that one: It was a night game. So that’s really what I did. I took advantage of it. It was great. I just played dad there for a day and it was a lot of fun.”

Ryan left town Saturday morning for the evening kickoff at Clemson. He declined a News request to delve into more specifics about his decision not to remain with the Jets on this important day.

Ryan’s actions clearly suggest that his sphere of influence within the building has been greatly diminished. He’s obviously taken a backseat to Idzik in the makeup of the roster.

The fact that Ryan didn’t address every player who was cut before he left the building on Saturday is embarrassing. “He (will be) the whipping post for the media all year long and will get to be the spokesman for the organization in front of the cameras,” the source said. “But he has no organizational power at all.”

Ryan, known as a “player’s coach,” still has support from veteran leaders in his locker room.

“I would take advantage of the opportunity if my son was dressing in his first game,” Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie said. “I’m going, too. Family comes first. This is a big family (with the Jets), but we have people in this office and this organization that can handle those things when Rex is not here.”

“He has other responsibilities, too,” Cromartie added. “I think that’s important, too. But at the end of the day, we had the GM here.”

The GM and the rest of the organization’s real decision-makers received the league’s full list of waived players around 8.p.m. on Saturday. The Jets brain trust spent a few more hours at the facility discussing possible moves to improve the roster.

Ryan didn’t see the list.

He was nearly 800 miles away with a different set of priorities.

Kickoff was at 8:23 p.m.

Twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

This is just a bunch of words ... Manish is spineless...

Archived