Shane Vereen out a few weeks after wrist surgery

Matt39

Ouch, this sucks for the Pats - I avoided Ridley in every fantasy league I'm in because I expected Patriots games to be closer this year, than in the past few years, and in close games Vereen is too versatile a weapon to be on the sidelines losing touches to the 1-dimensional Ridley. We saw it a bit down the stretch last year after BB discovered Vereen is a more powerful Woodhead.

Ridley doesn't suck, he's just not as versatile. This is a good thing for us, going into a short week. One less pass-catching weapon for Brady. I think our LBs can set the edge and contain Ridley (based on what I saw vs. Doug Martin). Cromartie on Amendola. There's no obvious mis-match for them to exploit like they've done in the past vs. Rex's defense with Welker and Gronk.

If they beat us, it'll be with Edelman, Kenbrell and Sudfeld I'm guessing.

This is a big blow to the pats, especially after he ripped off 150 yards when BB benched Ridley for coughing up the ball twice.  However, unless you can describe the player who gets hurt as gritty, tough or has a high football IQ, pats' fans will just admit they're replaceable. I mean, 90% of riley cooper apologists are pats fans.

Was he hurt early? I saw he only played about 15 or so of the offensive snaps, I wasn't sure if that was due to him getting in BB's doghouse, but injury would seem to make more sense.

I think he pulled a hammy and is out too.  

Ridley coughed it up a couple times yesterday but he was still ripping off runs at 5.1 a clip.  The Pats can run.  No doubt but so could the Bucs.  Will be very interesting to see this front 7 vs. their run game.  

I think Cro can blanket Amendola.  He's not the big physical WR that can push Cro of the LOS and get open the way VJax can.  It will be interesting to see how they cover Edelman.

For as tricky as BB is supposed to be from a defensive standpoint, rookie EJ Manuel was extremely efficient yesterday.  The impressive work was how they stopped Spiller.

The Jets will lose this game because they're the Jets, but this isnt the NE of old.  No where close. 

I think he pulled a hammy and is out too.  

Ridley coughed it up a couple times yesterday but he was still ripping off runs at 5.1 a clip.  The Pats can run.  No doubt but so could the Bucs.  Will be very interesting to see this front 7 vs. their run game.  

I think Cro can blanket Amendola.  He's not the big physical WR that can push Cro of the LOS and get open the way VJax can.  It will be interesting to see how they cover Edelman.

For as tricky as BB is supposed to be from a defensive standpoint, rookie EJ Manuel was extremely efficient yesterday.  The impressive work was how they stopped Spiller.

The Jets will lose this game because they're the Jets, but this isnt the NE of old.  No where close. 

The thing with Ridley, and having watched every snap the kid took in college I have a feel for the type of runner he is, is that while he does have some explosion and toughness, he does his best work between the tackles as a one-cut and go guy.  I don't have the numbers, but if you go back I would imagine he struggled most against teams like the Jets, Ravens, Seahawks, Niners and Miami who all have stout defensive fronts.  He's not going to gash you on off-tackle runs, which is why even though we may be vulnerable to that, it's not really his forte.  Add into vereen being hurt and if the defensive front can hold ridley in check like they did martin with four guys, it's gonna be on brady and his weaponz to beat us.

The thing with Ridley, and having watched every snap the kid took in college I have a feel for the type of runner he is, is that while he does have some explosion and toughness, he does his best work between the tackles as a one-cut and go guy.  I don't have the numbers, but if you go back I would imagine he struggled most against teams like the Jets, Ravens, Seahawks, Niners and Miami who all have stout defensive fronts.  He's not going to gash you on off-tackle runs, which is why even though we may be vulnerable to that, it's not really his forte.  Add into vereen being hurt and if the defensive front can hold ridley in check like they did martin with four guys, it's gonna be on brady and his weaponz to beat us.

If Gronk is out, man up and get after Brady and force him to beat you deep. If we dont turn the ball over, the game will be close in the 4th. Ninkovich needs to be pointed out before every snap. That guy kills us.

If Gronk is out, man up and get after Brady and force him to beat you deep. If we dont turn the ball over, the game will be close in the 4th. Ninkovich needs to be pointed out before every snap. That guy kills us.

The key to beating him has always been hitting him early, I saw him overthrow two guaranteed TDs against the bills and curl up quick when pressure got near. Agreed on Ninkovich, he always seems to make at least one game-changing play.  Speaking of Ninkovich, it's almost laughable how many Edelman, Ninkovich and Amendola jerseys you see walking the streets of boston, but never in my 5+ years of living there did I ever see one of their future HOFer Wilfork or even Seymour when he was there. I mean, they're so blatant about it it's hilarious.

The key to beating him has always been hitting him early, I saw him overthrow two guaranteed TDs against the bills and curl up quick when pressure got near. Agreed on Ninkovich, he always seems to make at least one game-changing play.  Speaking of Ninkovich, it's almost laughable how many Edelman, Ninkovich and Amendola jerseys you see walking the streets of boston, but never in my 5+ years of living there did I ever see one of their future HOFer Wilfork or even Seymour when he was there. I mean, they're so blatant about it it's hilarious.

tommy.jpg

Who the hell is buying a Ninkovich jersey? :lol:

Yeah, but everyone struggles with stout defensive fronts.  He's a good RB that fits their system well.  One cut and go.  Thats what the Patriots want.  I think you're right, shut him down, get pressure up the middle on Brady and hope you can control the clock on offense.

Agreed.  I think we lose because its Brady and BB, but yeah, they should be able to keep this game close.

And If we win, Rex and Geno are gods. 

Rex is a god and Geno is one of those lucky humans that get to talk to him.

Next assignment for you: move to Atlanta or Carolina and count the black fans wearing white guys jerseys.

Next assignment for you: move to Atlanta or Carolina and count the black fans wearing white guys jerseys.

I've seen more Ryan jerseys in Atlanta on black fans the one time I was there last year than the opposite in the 5+ years in Boston. Look at half the Jets and Giants fans, they'll throw on a D'brik, Revis, Wilerson jersey just as readily as they'll throw on Mangold or Namath.  Maybe it's been my time here that's soured me, but the locals are so blatantly ass-backwards regardless of how liberal the state pretends to be.

Archived