Peyton Hillis (MERGED)

joewilly12

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not kick the tires on Peyton HIllis its not like we have an all-pro backfield here. We need to score points or all the great defensive efforts in the world aren't gonna win us games.

because the 3rd string back up who can't even crack the game day 45 man roster started 4 games for the packers last year and is actually quality depth

Why not kick the tires on Peyton HIllis its not like we have an all-pro backfield here. We need to score points or all the great defensive efforts in the world aren't gonna win us games.

Mostly I think you're just trolling, but I'll bite. When's the last time Peyton Hillis was relevant? When was the last time he saw significant playing time? Which back on the current roster is he an improvement over?

Listen, I'm with you on improving the WR corps but the running backs are fine.

Mostly I think you're just trolling, but I'll bite. When's the last time Peyton Hillis was relevant? When was the last time he saw significant playing time? Which back on the current roster is he an improvement over?

Listen, I'm with you on improving the WR corps but the running backs are fine.

Mostly im not,sorry you feel that way. The Giants brought back Jacobs and the Browns signed McGahee. What do we have at the RB position that makes anyone feel that we are solid and fine and don't need help?  Powell unproven,Ivory will he stay healthy?  See where im going with this.

I think Rex gives Gates 1 more game if he messes up today hes as good as gone I hope.

Mostly im not,sorry you feel that way. The Giants brought back Jacobs and the Browns signed McGahee. What do we have at the RB position that makes anyone feel that we are solid and fine and don't need help? Powell unproven,Ivory will he stay healthy? See where im going with this.

I think Rex gives Gates 1 more game if he messes up today hes as good as gone I hope.

Why don't we have this conversation when and if Ivory gets hurt?

See where I'm going with this?

Mostly im not,sorry you feel that way. The Giants brought back Jacobs and the Browns signed McGahee. What do we have at the RB position that makes anyone feel that we are solid and fine and don't need help? Powell unproven,Ivory will he stay healthy? See where im going with this.

If Ivory gets hurt we have another RB waiting and plus one more coming off suspension. After that I'm sure there are far more serviceable running backs than Peyton Hillis. There has to be.

Alex Green former GB RB is he even active on game day?

thank you for illustrating my point.  you know nothing about our depth, only that hillis is a better option because you remember chris berman making funny noises when hillis trucked guys

thank you for illustrating my point.  you know nothing about our depth, only that hillis is a better option because you remember chris berman making funny noises when hillis trucked guys

Who the hell is Alex Green?  GB cut him to sign Joe McKnight and then cut him. GB has no running game. I know the facts about depth not the fairytale you believe and know.

peyton hillis got lucky as balls one year and then he has been nothing ever since.

Im not sure you get lucky sustaining good play over a full season with NOTHING else on the offense to speak of. The guy got hurt and dealt with injury due to his punishing style. Its not luck at all its just a few bad breaks for what was a promising young player. If he is healthy ( which im having doubts about due to his current status) its not a terrible Pick up considering the talent we currently have on offense. I would not mind seeing him come in when we get the ball inside the 20 or pounding it in when inside the 5.

Who the hell is Alex Green?  GB cut him to sign Joe McKnight and then cut him. GB has no running game. I know the facts about depth not the fairytale you believe and know.

lol

green bay had mcknight in for a work out, he never signed there.  

lets try this another way, maybe the light comes on for you

Q: "how does hillis fit in with the current offense the jets run, and how is he an upgrade over Green?"

lol

Q: "how does hillis fit in with the current offense the jets run, and how is he an upgrade over Green?"

Peyton Hillis was a smashmouth type of RB who showed bursts of speed. He played in Cleveland a crummy team and had success. He suffered an injury and hasn't been the same since. Who knows maybe he can return to form here where he wont be relied on as a primary RB.

Green I don't think hes ever had success in the NFL like Hillis did.

Don't you have hot dogs to prepare for the game today?

lol

A broken down power back with nubs for hands is a perfect fit for a WCO.

What are you talking about?

Peyton Hillis was a smashmouth type of RB who showed bursts of speed. He played in Cleveland a crummy team and had success. He suffered an injury and hasn't been the same since. Who knows maybe he can return to form here where he wont be relied on as a primary RB.

Green I don't think hes ever had success in the NFL like Hillis did.

Don't you have hot dogs to prepare for the game today?

no, on gameday I go for more wings and scoops with salsa.  

lol

Lets start with being able to catch the football

Depth im talking depth. Ray Rice goes down in Baltimore and they have Pierce a guy who can get the job done. Powell/Ivory haven't gotten the job done yet.

The primary reason those backs haven't gotten it done yet is because the offensive coordinator prefers his rookie QB throwing three interceptions in the fourth quarter of a three point game over trying to run the football. Adding a plodding street free agent FB probably isn't going to have much of an effect on that dynamic.

The primary reason those backs haven't gotten it done yet is because the offensive coordinator prefers his rookie QB throwing three interceptions in the fourth quarter of a three point game over trying to run the football. Adding a plodding street free agent FB probably isn't going to have much of an effect on that dynamic.

He was certainly more than plodding. In that year he had with Cleveland he had 70 + catches and 13 total touch downs who on the Jets entire offense is capable of that ? The Bucs let him go because they have a stud at RB and very well might have been giving Hillis a chance to catch on somewhere he has a shot to play.

Enjoy the game guys. We have a powerhouse backfield and WRs we don't need to improve on anything.

Don't worry man its not a terrible move to bring in Hillis at all. A lot of course depends on his health and exactly why Tampa let him go which very well could have been at his request since he was not going to see the field with Doug martin at RB

Hillis looks shot...rather target RBs in the draft...look at Seattle, 49ers or the Saints do it...just keep adding younger talent...encourage competition...jettison off the weak links for picks to teams that cannot draft them well...see Jets.

Maybe Turbin comes available in the off season cause Christine Michael is a beast.

Archived