Displaying Autographs

Bombdirt

So I was in Vegas this past week and visited one of those sports memorabilia shops in a mall there. I found a pretty good deal on a Maynard autograph that looks something like this:

$T2eC16JHJHEE9ny2p580BRDr0erWsQ~~60_35.J

Anyway, I was thinking about how to display it, and I need some ideas.  Does anyone have any creative/practical input on how to frame it up, or what to put with it to make it look cool? I'm sure plenty of people on the board have autographs and memorabilia from Jets players in their man/woman caves and I could use some direction. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Are you just going to only have 1?  Or do you plan on having a Jets wall of 8x10 autograph pics?  If so buy multiple frames that match and store them. 

Just the one for now, but ultimately that's a pretty good plan. I could get a theme going.

Take it to a nearby art supply store.  They can mat it with multi-colored backgrounds, and maybe even display other stuff in the frame (action photos, ticket stub, stat sheet, biography, lock of hair, etc).

david-duval-framed-autographed-photograp

$T2eC16F,!w0E9szNW3-rBQkWLZnT+!~~60_35.J

That would be pretty sweet to put in pics and stuff from the '69 season in a display. Does Namath do autograph sessions anymore? It would be cool to get him in there too, but I'd imagine it's costly to get an audience with the Great One. Anyone have a Namath signature?

That would be pretty sweet to put in pics and stuff from the '69 season in a display. Does Namath do autograph sessions anymore? It would be cool to get him in there too, but I'd imagine it's costly to get an audience with the Great One. Anyone have a Namath signature?

He's such a ham, I'd be surprised to not see 1,000's available online. 

He's such a ham, I'd be surprised to not see 1,000's available online. 

True, true. I'm sure there are a million out there.

I saw several autos of his in the shop I was in...relatively expensive compared to the Maynard auto I got though...

There was a helmet marked down half-off from $1,000; something like this:

m15OU1hU11HjuxCzvfFOU6w.jpg

That's pretty sweet, and financially feasible if this were 10 years ago and I was single, but I'm not so confident as far as wading into the murky waters of Ebay to get one. I'd imagine there are a ton of fakes out there, even with his jolly-happy signing tendencies. I'd be happy with a Curtis Martin/Wayne Chrebet, then try to get a Namath in person at some point.

True, true. I'm sure there are a million out there.

I saw several autos of his in the shop I was in...relatively expensive compared to the Maynard auto I got though...

There was a helmet marked down half-off from $1,000; something like this:

m15OU1hU11HjuxCzvfFOU6w.jpg

That's pretty sweet, and financially feasible if this were 10 years ago and I was single, but I'm not so confident as far as wading into the murky waters of Ebay to get one. I'd imagine there are a ton of fakes out there, even with his jolly-happy signing tendencies. I'd be happy with a Curtis Martin/Wayne Chrebet, then try to get a Namath in person at some point.

You gotta cool auto/pic, with a lot of options to display it.  

You could do a strictly Maynard piece, or collect some other old-time memorabilia with his teammates and get a really cool "collective frame". 

Literally, your options are endless. If I was you, I'd probably get some action pics:

new-york-jets-don-maynard.jpg

or,

New-York-Jets-Don-Maynard-1-Q1AE6BOSP4-1

make it pop. 

You gotta cool auto/pic, with a lot of options to display it.  

You could do a strictly Maynard piece, or collect some other old-time memorabilia with his teammates and get a really cool "collective frame". 

Literally, your options are endless. If I was you, I'd probably get some action pics:

new-york-jets-don-maynard.jpg

or,

New-York-Jets-Don-Maynard-1-Q1AE6BOSP4-1

make it pop. 

Those are freaking sweet.

Nicely done.

Archived